Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 29-09-2004, 07:32 PM   #51
Edwin Chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
gold aros dun lose their colour as much and as quickly as reds do .. the colouration wun go through very huge transformation but they will still adapt to surroundings colour .. the intensity of the gold will be greater in a dark environment tank
Thanks, appreciate your reply. No wonder more TLC is need to maintain the colouration for red which is more challenging.

Old 29-09-2004, 07:44 PM   #52
loon23382

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon23382
hmmm so everything ties down to patiece and water parameters i guess..was oso wondernig how a red actually developes its color...
was actually wondering when do the pink/purple shine go off and bcome darker and then to red...when can we see such symetoms?
keep red ilke more tough sia...anyway body can answer if when do the pink and blue shine of a red goes off and starts to develop? my red is ard 7 inches...whole bidy still hafing tt pink blue purple shine..cheek oso....any advises?

Old 29-09-2004, 07:45 PM   #53
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin Chan
Thanks, appreciate your reply. No wonder more TLC is need to maintain the colouration for red which is more challenging.
I feel reds are more challenging too, but really patience is required .. very often in the first year u hardly see any developments at all and that's where many hobbyists lose their patience but after this stage, every year , every period of monitoring yields surprises and satisfaction as u see the developments
Old 29-09-2004, 07:50 PM   #54
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by loon23382
keep red ilke more tough sia...anyway body can answer if when do the pink and blue shine of a red goes off and starts to develop? my red is ard 7 inches...whole bidy still hafing tt pink blue purple shine..cheek oso....any advises?
there's no definite period .. some faster some slower, it also depends on how strong ur base colour and how thick/thin the frame is but i think abt one year u'll see developments on shine to colour intensifying
Old 29-09-2004, 07:58 PM   #55
KANCE
Endangered Dragon

Question

how true is that all reds will ultimately will turn up red?? It;s just a matter of time??!!!
Old 29-09-2004, 07:58 PM   #56
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANCE
how true is that all reds will ultimately will turn up red?? It;s just a matter of time??!!!
not true , not at all
Old 29-09-2004, 08:01 PM   #57
KANCE
Endangered Dragon

Red face

Quote:
not true , not at all
genes or diet play the most important part??!!!
Old 29-09-2004, 08:04 PM   #58
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANCE
genes or diet play the most important part??!!!
genes of cos, but even with the best genes, w/o proper cultivation and care , it still wun go far .. or rather not as far as it wud hv , not juz diet, lights are very important for reds and water change, tank size, tank mates , well various factors
Old 29-09-2004, 08:23 PM   #59
art91675

Quote:
Has it ever occured to u that the fading process could be a hormonal cycle ? and tat includes the fasting as well ?
My sentiments exactly.. like when just before dogs "LAI ANG", their fur usually shed alot. After they stop "LAI ANG", their fur will grow back and becomes more beautiful.

Old 29-09-2004, 08:33 PM   #60
loon23382

Quote:
there's no definite period .. some faster some slower, it also depends on how strong ur base colour and how thick/thin the frame is but i think abt one year u'll see developments on shine to colour intensifying
my red can see is more of the thick frame type.and can see abit tt it is green base... so in other words, after a yr or so, the shine will slowly go off and bcome darker in color and then finally red? i hafen got a chance to take any pics of my aro cos it keeps moving and i cant haf a clear picture of it..the 5th and 6th level haf bright shiny speckles...under TFC light the aro appears qutie dark in color..but when the light is off and when the aro swims near the tank front..can see that the whole body is very shiny..with pink/purple sheen..currenlty my red in a 4 x 1.5...is a 4 by 2 by 2 good enuf for a red? good enuf as in for a hobby...cos i noe most will say as big as possible thogh.