Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Closed Thread

Old 27-12-2012, 10:22 AM   #51
Luc
Senior Dragon

Hi all sifus

My bichir got black markings on its fins and body, will they go away?
Old 27-12-2012, 10:26 AM   #52
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luc View Post
Hi all sifus

My bichir got black markings on its fins and body, will they go away?
Bro, some will, some may not. Even those that still have the spots, quite unnoticeable when the bichir colour up later.
I think you can do a read up in the PFK PBB thread posted by bro Schmike regarding the spots. Cheers!
Old 27-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #53
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post
Bro, some will, some may not. Even those that still have the spots, quite unnoticeable when the bichir colour up later.
I think you can do a read up in the PFK PBB thread posted by bro Schmike regarding the spots. Cheers!
Thanks bro for the info
Old 27-12-2012, 10:32 AM   #54
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Bro, thats v informative

Thanks bro, i tried my best to choose base on pics i seen here, glad it didnt go wrong. I am beginning to like the bichir even more, esp it mixes well with my ST, just fed them and eating well.

Another vid: colors faded abit, cuz i off aquarium lights?
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Bro, you need some super jumbo bichirs to match them pound for pound to your massive ST collection

Yes, they are pale when overnight with lights off. However, the white base may have taken effect onto your pbb too.
Old 27-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #55
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Bro, you need some super jumbo bichirs to match them pound for pound to your massive ST collection

Yes, they are pale when overnight with lights off. However, the white base may have taken effect onto your pbb too.
Thanks bro guess i will eventually and now wondering what to add.
Those Koliba and wc endli looks v intereating as well and pbb(chad river) with its green colors all v tempting

Any idea where my bichir comes fr? Nile river?
Old 27-12-2012, 01:07 PM   #56
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Thanks bro guess i will eventually and now wondering what to add.
Those Koliba and wc endli looks v intereating as well and pbb(chad river) with its green colors all v tempting

Any idea where my bichir comes fr? Nile river?
Having a variety of different bichir sp definitely will spice up your tank, just look at some bros like ZhenXiang, chowmingen and Nidd's collection of kolibas, super top

Your pbb is from Lake Chad, which extends over Chad, Niger, Cameroon and Nigeria and although we have abundance of them from shipment in recent time, it has actually lost 80percent of its water since 1980.

PBB from lake Turkana, Kenya are still highly sought after, but I read that they are not endermic to the lake as when the water rises, it is then connected to lake Omo which non-endermic fish species may swim out to spawn.
Species of bichirs available in lake Turkana are the PBB and senegalus.

Go google on both Lakes and you are able to see that they are sinking to pond size on the map, lol...

The above are just from my little knowledge from read-up, never been to Africa, not to say the Lakes themselves, so I just appreciate the efforts that all our local lfs have bring to us, be it a PBB from Chad or Turkana.
It's just more fun to know what we are keeping
Old 27-12-2012, 01:31 PM   #57
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Having a variety of different bichir sp definitely will spice up your tank, just look at some bros like ZhenXiang, chowmingen and Nidd's collection of kolibas, super top

Your pbb is from Lake Chad, which extends over Chad, Niger, Cameroon and Nigeria and although we have abundance of them from shipment in recent time, it has actually lost 80percent of its water since 1980.

PBB from lake Turkana, Kenya are still highly sought after, but I read that they are not endermic to the lake as when the water rises, it is then connected to lake Omo which non-endermic fish species may swim out to spawn.
Species of bichirs available in lake Turkana are the PBB and senegalus.

Go google on both Lakes and you are able to see that they are sinking to pond size on the map, lol...

The above are just from my little knowledge from read-up, never been to Africa, not to say the Lakes themselves, so I just appreciate the efforts that all our local lfs have bring to us, be it a PBB from Chad or Turkana.
It's just more fun to know what we are keeping
So glad that my PBB is actually from Lake Chad....thought at first, it is just an entry level PBB, from a "dirty longkang in africa"

It is really diff to tell them apart, let alone diff between the lakes, I even ahev much problem differentiating between Lap and PBB, spend sometime google between both You guys r experts in these bichirs...
Old 27-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #58
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Quote:
So glad that my PBB is actually from Lake Chad....thought at first, it is just an entry level PBB, from a "dirty longkang in africa"

It is really diff to tell them apart, let alone diff between the lakes, I even ahev much problem differentiating between Lap and PBB, spend sometime google between both You guys r experts in these bichirs...
Hehehe...it's all the same for all fishes. When there is an abundance of rare fishes, no more kick in the market. Lake Chad has been underrated. The fact is both Chad and Turkana are drying up.

Bro, I sometime also miscue alot, lol...
Old 27-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #59
Luc
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Hehehe...it's all the same for all fishes. When there is an abundance of rare fishes, no more kick in the market. Lake Chad has been underrated. The fact is both Chad and Turkana are drying up.

Bro, I sometime also miscue alot, lol...
Bro, miscue there bound to be. I think even scientists could not clearly diff them, since they not exotic fanatics, like you guys here.

Hope the lakes dun dry up......
Old 27-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #60
bichirdemon

Nice pbb bro luc... Luv the head shape... How I wish I can own this marvelous fish... Pocket not deep enough. Hehe. Anyway its good to see the bichir thread is still alive... Long live to all the bichirs!!!!

Closed Thread