Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 05-11-2004, 06:26 PM   #21
jpgyip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemifish
Buying an established brand with a good reputation and quality control/service is always good idea. I follow those same practices myself. Chemicals should always be limited if not neccessary for your aquarium. However, even though some 'chemical' filtation methods are termed such, they actually do not contain any kind of chemicals whatsoever, but more inert media such as resins and carbson, such as Chemi-pure.

Chemi-pure is a very true and tried method within the aquarium industry for over 50 years!! You can even look up independent people onthe product. Even mentioned in a book of coral propagation by Anthony Calfo on page 166.

vist their website and i'm sure they will be happy to help with any questions.
www.boydenterprisesonline.com
email info@boydenterprisesonline.com

Don't buy a cheaper immitation, get the original that does everything it says and has years of use to back it up. Not like some others who are only copying claims and don't work nearly as well.
Thanks bro i thought the chemi-pure II is the same as chemi-pure. Now I will take note the diff btw the two. Thanks for sharing the info.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:49 AM   #22
Marinelove

Quote:
Buying an established brand with a good reputation and quality control/service is always good idea. I follow those same practices myself. Chemicals should always be limited if not neccessary for your aquarium. However, even though some 'chemical' filtation methods are termed such, they actually do not contain any kind of chemicals whatsoever, but more inert media such as resins and carbson, such as Chemi-pure.

Chemi-pure is a very true and tried method within the aquarium industry for over 50 years!! You can even look up independent people onthe product. Even mentioned in a book of coral propagation by Anthony Calfo on page 166.

vist their website and i'm sure they will be happy to help with any questions.
www.boydenterprisesonline.com
email info@boydenterprisesonline.com

Don't buy a cheaper immitation, get the original that does everything it says and has years of use to back it up. Not like some others who are only copying claims and don't work nearly as well.

I agree with Chemifish, after reading his post. May i ask if anyone know why http://www.aquapharmlabs.com , AquaPharmLab who claims is made in USA dont even have a valid address on their web sites or even a phone contact or fax. I did asked a few reefers staying in USA and non of them heard about this brand which is sold in Singapore but claims made from USA..

Chemi-pure i would say works well for me and PUR II after trying seem like just normal carbon.

So is this brand hype up about made in USA or is it made in Singapore?

Old 08-11-2004, 04:41 AM   #23
melvin_weishun

Hello, are you really sure if AquaPharm product is made in Singapore?
Quote:
Greetings,

I noticed this thread and had to join in for a moment. I am extremely familiar with the AquaPharm Labs company who produces PUR-11 product.

This company is nothing but a fake rip off copmany. If you look at their online catalog it will even say on the bottom of the first page. "product of USA" The product is made in Singapore and isn't made at all in the USA.

The company has only copied products from other cmpanies. A Former distributor of some US made products joined forces in order to put together this product and just steal product names from companies like Boyd Enterprises makers of the ORIGINAL Ion filter medium Chemi-pure. Http://www.boydenterprsiesonline.com The PUR-11 product is only a cheap reproduction of the original. The claims were just copied and etc. YOu may get some visual good resluts with clear water, however as most well seasoned aquarists will tell you, Crystal clear water is not an indicator that your water chemistry is safe.

They have a line of products of which has other names stolen from other quality companies who are actually in the US

Just thought i'd let you all know to be careful, there's a good chance most of their products are designed in order to create small problems in your tanks and then have to buy more of their products. I know some companies around the world who do just that.

Chemifish
Old 08-11-2004, 06:39 PM   #24
Marinelove

Weishun dont flame me but i am just curious why there is no address or even phone contact on their website after viewing it, unlike other brands in the market?

Also i saw their new freshwater products in fish shop but why it is not listed in their web site?

Old 08-11-2004, 10:13 PM   #25
melvin_weishun

You will see it soon. As i am also waiting for their bouchers to arrive in singapore after ordering them from the states.. i make all my orders for my aquapharm goods directly from their agent in the states through phone. And i am very very sure its from US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinelove
Weishun dont flame me but i am just curious why there is no address or even phone contact on their website after viewing it, unlike other brands in the market?

Also i saw their new freshwater products in fish shop but why it is not listed in their web site?

Old 08-11-2004, 10:46 PM   #26
Ekia

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin_weishun
You will see it soon. As i am also waiting for their bouchers to arrive in singapore after ordering them from the states.. i make all my orders for my aquapharm goods directly from their agent in the states through phone. And i am very very sure its from US.
wow.. really? just curious to know why u order your aquapharm goods straight from US instead of getting them off-shelf from the LFS here. I'm sure ordering straight from states is going to more expensive
Old 09-11-2004, 12:49 AM   #27
melvin_weishun

Okay.. here goes..you see those aquapharm goods on the shelf of LFS? I am the one who brings the goods to their shelfs. I am the one supplying them the aquapharm products. They order the goods from me, i order from USA, USA brings the goods to me by air, i collect the goods from our warehouses and bring it to LFS all over singapore. Got it?

So its not really neccessary for AquaPharm to include their address and contacts on their website. USA have their USA Agent for the entire Europe region. The company i am working for is the sole agent/distributor for South East Asia. And i know very well whether the product is made in Singapore or US or not. The rest i dun think i will need to go into details anymore as its confidential.

Whether the product is a "copycat" or not, does not really matter. As long as it does what it is made for, whats more to complain. I do not wish to compare or make any unpleasant remarks about my competitor for PUR II, you all should know which brand lah hor. Its all about individual preference, we can't make everyone use one brand. Its all about fair competition. A confident product wun make discouraging remarks on their competitor's products. Am i right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekia
wow.. really? just curious to know why u order your aquapharm goods straight from US instead of getting them off-shelf from the LFS here. I'm sure ordering straight from states is going to more expensive
Old 10-12-2004, 12:59 PM   #28
Chemifish

Default Melvin must be in partnership with aquapharm!

Well I must definitely put a rebutle to what Melvin stated. I can only deduce that melvin has an inner investment in the company and is far more connected than he may let on. Makes total sense for him to try to back up claims for which I have actually hard evidence proof about!! If Aquapharm is lying to customers, why would Melvin who is attached to the company tell you the truth??

1. Aquapharm is manufactured in singapore. A company 'MagicLaser', run by John Ong, is part of the Aquapharm venture. A company which formerly distributed Boyd Chemi-pure products. (if the moderators of the board would like to contact me, feel free and I will share with you the hard evidence proof of Aquapharm being made in singapore)

2. It DOES matter whether something is a copycat or not of another product. Most copycats never meassure up to what the original product does. Pur ll as well as their other products are just about ripping people off and putting money in their own pockets.

3. "A confident product wun make discouraging remarks on their competitor's products. Am i right?" A confident product would most definitely make 'honest' and 'accurate' remarks about a competiting product when the compeiting product was made with the intention of ripping the original company! Especially when that original company took time and effort to train their former distributor on sales techniques and etc on that product! Then the distributor goes off and copies even promotional text to promote their own product. If their own products at Aquapharm are so good on their own, why would they have to use confusing names similar to other products on the market? I would think a company with a new product out, who beleives in it, would give it a new name to stand out on it's own and not try to ride some other companies name recognition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvin_weishun
Okay.. here goes..you see those aquapharm goods on the shelf of LFS? I am the one who brings the goods to their shelfs. I am the one supplying them the aquapharm products. They order the goods from me, i order from USA, USA brings the goods to me by air, i collect the goods from our warehouses and bring it to LFS all over singapore. Got it?

So its not really neccessary for AquaPharm to include their address and contacts on their website. USA have their USA Agent for the entire Europe region. The company i am working for is the sole agent/distributor for South East Asia. And i know very well whether the product is made in Singapore or US or not. The rest i dun think i will need to go into details anymore as its confidential.

Whether the product is a "copycat" or not, does not really matter. As long as it does what it is made for, whats more to complain. I do not wish to compare or make any unpleasant remarks about my competitor for PUR II, you all should know which brand lah hor. Its all about individual preference, we can't make everyone use one brand. Its all about fair competition. A confident product wun make discouraging remarks on their competitor's products. Am i right?
Old 10-12-2004, 05:01 PM   #29
nim75sg

Initially I did a research on this AquaPharm on the net and came up zero. Interesting find is that the website does not contain any address, phone number, etc relating to contacting details which is very unusual.

We know that all manufacturers or vendors websites always have their contact details with the relevant info irrespective of how well-known they are or not. Why is this company refraining from this action?

Later, I discovered thru casual talk with some reefers/LFS that the product are locally made with or without approved licensing or not is another issue best known to the owner since they are "formulated in USA".

IMO, whether it is a locally manufactured or imported product, the company must be proud of the achievements being able to provide a much lower operating cost for reefers with competing product.

Just like our Mr Sim of Creative. Right?
Old 10-12-2004, 06:32 PM   #30
woonming

I am confuse so which company is which company now?

Ming