Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers > Equipment/DIY discussion

Old 09-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #21
nim75sg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah^siao
another more important factor is the pricing i believe..
needle wheel now is like considered cheap cauz macro got needle wheel also and they are also producing pretty good skimmate comparing to HnS?
so if u wanna get needle wheel.. get macro.. it's hell lot cheaper... the biggest unit is like also much cheaper than the smallest model(brand new) for HnS...

if HnS is really so good.. y some people keeping SPS still bother to go and get beckett? because they got too much money to space? or because of wad?

Bro ... the reason is very simple .. you're a better judge for the below comments:

1) Hobbyists who know what they are buying
2) Hobbyists who can afford to buy without knowing what they are buying
3) Hobbyisits who don't know what they are buying and just follow the crowd

It's sad to see that generally most aquarists belongs to points (2) & (3) and this is irrespective of the equipment ie a skimmer, chiller, UV Sterilizer, etc.

beckett the only cons is that it requires a presure rated pump to run it.. but now.. non-pressure rated pumps are able to run them too... and it has been proven..

if u are going to keep sps in the future.. get a beckett is more worth it... think in the long term.. don get a hns and regret few months down the road.. and also beckett u are able to upgrade easily & cheaper considering that u getting a new bigger unit for a needlewheel skimmer like the HnS..

my friend is using a H&S Skimmer for his SPS tank and never even considering upgrading to a Beckette. Fyi, his tank is already 3 yrs old. So why he is not taking of upgrading to a Beckette; wonder why

i believe if u keeping fishes that does not requires lots of feeding and does not poo so much and keeping only softies.. a HnS will do the job.. but if u wan nice colourful sps with schools of anthais.. a beckett will more like it.. that's wad i think...

Not true ... I have a 3ft tank FOWLR having 4 tangs & 6 Purple Queen using only a Sander airstone skimmer. So why overkill and use a H&S?

at the end of the day is still up to u..
Yes . this is a honest n non-biased comment ...
Old 09-10-2004, 07:15 PM   #22
monsterz1975

Thanks for helping to explain bros, i make up my mind to go for e aqua-medic in the end .
Old 10-10-2004, 01:47 AM   #23
devilfire

bro monster, when u getting 1??

maybe u can wait 4 me, wait 4 my honest comments n reviews..
Old 10-10-2004, 01:51 AM   #24
devilfire

oh ya, another bro is giving his HNS up 4 beckett. if u can wait, there's another person can give u the comparision too.
Old 10-10-2004, 11:26 AM   #25
ah^siao

beckett u can extend it taller.. and if ur beckett is with 2 beckett nozzel made in and u only using one.. opening up the other one is also pretty cheap comparing by getting a new skimmer?

if u wan a beckett that is made of good german plastic.. that's gonna cost u a arm and a leg...

nim75sg: ur friend tank using one the hns only and his tank is 3 years old? that explains it.. the tank is already matured enough to handle the bioload.. and in his 3 feet tank the bioload mayb little? so doesn't need lots of skimmming?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #26
nitro

Default Good German Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah^siao
beckett u can extend it taller.. and if ur beckett is with 2 beckett nozzel made in and u only using one.. opening up the other one is also pretty cheap comparing by getting a new skimmer?

if u wan a beckett that is made of good german plastic.. that's gonna cost u a arm and a leg...

nim75sg: ur friend tank using one the hns only and his tank is 3 years old? that explains it.. the tank is already matured enough to handle the bioload.. and in his 3 feet tank the bioload mayb little? so doesn't need lots of skimmming?

Those good German plastic your refer to are 'Cast Acrylic tube', which most of our locally made Beckett skimmers are not using. The 'Casted' part of the skimmer are the base, flanges and the cover. That's the reason for their cheaper pricing.

If you are observant enough you'll see that most recognised skimmer producers uses pvc and ABS palstic for their skimmer.

I think your comment on bro nim75sg's friend using the H & S which you implied "doesn't skim much" is a very unfair comment.

If H & S is given the same amount of wattage a Beckett uses, i'm confident that the H & S can surpass a Beckett.

Checkout the commercial skimmers used in those big time farm (CF) and those sold commercially in our country and abroad. Are they using the Fountain Head(Beckett if you prefer)?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:35 PM   #27
spsman

Default go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterz1975
Thanks for helping to explain bros, i make up my mind to go for e aqua-medic in the end .

go for it brother. anything other then beckett. anti - american..
Old 10-10-2004, 12:42 PM   #28
spsman

Default brother...

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilfire
oh ya, another bro is giving his HNS up 4 beckett. if u can wait, there's another person can give u the comparision too.
no need for comparison lah..
unless u compare side by side and in 2 seperate systems with the same amt of "dirt", how u know which is better?
and the pump is already different, how to compare?

Will someone who makes beckett to sell claim that hns is better?
Old 10-10-2004, 12:45 PM   #29
spsman

Default dear all

aiya, save the debate. buy bubble king lah and we will shut up....
(going bonkers already)
Old 10-10-2004, 06:18 PM   #30
nicky30092002

bro well said ..
Agreed totally ... !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro
Those good German plastic your refer to are 'Cast Acrylic tube', which most of our locally made Beckett skimmers are not using. The 'Casted' part of the skimmer are the base, flanges and the cover. That's the reason for their cheaper pricing.

If you are observant enough you'll see that most recognised skimmer producers uses pvc and ABS palstic for their skimmer.

I think your comment on bro nim75sg's friend using the H & S which you implied "doesn't skim much" is a very unfair comment.

If H & S is given the same amount of wattage a Beckett uses, i'm confident that the H & S can surpass a Beckett.

Checkout the commercial skimmers used in those big time farm (CF) and those sold commercially in our country and abroad. Are they using the Fountain Head(Beckett if you prefer)?