Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 22-07-2005, 02:53 AM   #11
kyo_k81
Dragon

Hi flame angel and cci[RR]us,

You might like to ask Pablo personally if still have doubt regarding the photos.

check this out,

photo editing??????
http://forums.spectrumfishfood.com/viewtopic.php?t=78

Mikey,

Thanks for the heads up on this......without people like you watching the forums out there...I would never find out about things like this.

Firstly, I did not even take the pictures you are referring to. I can't think of why someone would be confused and think I edited these at all anyway.
Without "tooting my own horn" here I would like to remind people that I have published FOUR aquarium books personally. Being envolved in really every aspect of the production of these books along the way (from taking the actual pictures....to laying out the actual pages.....and any editing that may have been necessary along the way). Taking this into consideration, I have obviously become very proficient in Photoshop. Not trying to be overly critical about these pictures....but since it was brought up.... these pictures are , in fact, not up to my personal standards. But my secretary had wanted to take pictures of my aquariums to send to RD and RD in turn posted them to MY photo gallery in MY web-sites Q&A section. If I were to edit any picture....I would certainly not allow the fish to have "shiny" eyes because of the flash used. Why is someone asking about this anyway??...Is it the fact of the brilliant color of the fish???...Or because someone thinks I am "pasting" fish into the picture??? Boy....another example of someone with a little knowledge being a potentially dangerous thing I guess. If I thought it were not going to be a problem with that sites administrators I would go there myself and reply....but it has been brought to my attention that they have had some problems lately with people promoting my products on their forums. Thanks again for letting me know whats going on out there. I certainly like to help out on situations like this as much as possible....but I hope you can appreciate that I am a very very busy man these days.

Sincerely,
Pablo Tepoot

Hope that help.
kyo_k81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 12:21 PM   #12
kyo_k81
Dragon

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/phpBB/v...r=asc&start=75

Honestly not sure what all the fuss is about with these pictures. Keep in mind that the tank has probably got a lot of artificial sunlight coming down from above and with a flash pop from the front (look at the EXIF info embedded in the photo) to really make the colour saturated. It shows the make of camera (Fuji) as well as ASA and flash setting. The lighting is quite well balanced (eg flash vs available light from a colour temperature standpoint), if it was enhanced (as opposed to edited) then it was a pretty good job because it wasn't overdone.

Whoever took the photos realized that they would have a lovely hotspot from the flash so they shot all the pix (at least the ones I saw) from a slight angle to the tank.

Not familier with the particular camera but it seems to be pretty good in terms of sharpness and I don't see any signs of artifacting or hints of oversharpening. In terms of colour and saturation, keep in mind what your eyes would have seen if they were looking into a very well lit marine tank with crystal clear glass and nice colourful healthy fish. Would it be that much different than what you saw in the photos?

Other tricks, look at items in the tank you are familier with such as the substrait and fish. That's how we would enhance a photo for the newspaper. Basically look at what is there and see if it looks right and makes sense. In our case we have one other factor to add to the mix and that is how our presses will reproduce the image. But the main thing is, do the colours look right, is the contrast good, is the photo sharp.

So basically these are just nice photographs, nothing sinister about them.

niteshooter
kyo_k81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2005, 09:02 PM   #13
flame angel

Thumbs up Great EXIF data

Quote:
Originally Posted by cci[RR]us
Actually I wanted to post my counter-arguments, but I decided to refer to the EXIF for stronger points:
Code:
                 Filename : pab4.jpg
                JFIF_APP1 : Exif

Make : FUJIFILM
                    Model : FinePix2600Zoom
              Orientation : left-hand side
              XResolution : 72/1
              YResolution : 72/1
           ResolutionUnit : Inch
                 Software : Digital Camera FinePix2600Zoom Ver3.00
                 DateTime : 2005:07:06 13:12:14
         YCbCrPositioning : co-sited
                Copyright : 
           ExifInfoOffset : 254

FNumber : F3.5
          ExposureProgram : Program Normal
          ISOSpeedRatings : 100
              ExifVersion : 0210
         DateTimeOriginal : 2005:07:06 13:12:14
        DateTimeDigitized : 2005:07:06 13:12:14
   ComponentConfiguration : YCbCr
   CompressedBitsPerPixel : 30/10 (bit/pixel)
        ShutterSpeedValue : 1/64Sec
            ApertureValue : F3.5
          BrightnessValue : EV1.8
        ExposureBiasValue : EV0.0
         MaxApertureValue : F3.5
             MeteringMode : Division
                    Flash : Fired
              FocalLength : 18.00(mm)
                MakerNote : FUJIFILM Format : 238Bytes (Offset:724)
          FlashPixVersion : 0100
               ColorSpace : sRGB
           ExifImageWidth : 640
          ExifImageHeight : 480
ExifInteroperabilityOffset : 954
    FocalPlaneXResolution : 1221/1
    FocalPlaneYResolution : 1221/1
 FocalPlaneResolutionUnit : Centimeter
            SensingMethod : OneChipColorArea sensor
               FileSource : DSC
                SceneType : A directly photographed image
Vendor Original Information
                  Version : 0130
             Quality mode : NORMAL 
                Sharpness : NORMAL
            White Balance : Auto
                    Color : NORMAL
               Flash mode : Red-Eye Reducing
           Flash strength : 0/10
               Macro mode : Off
               Focus mode : Auto Focus
                 SlowSync : Off
                     Mode : Auto
        Unknown (1032)3,1 : 1
            Sequence Mode : Off
        Unknown (1200)3,1 : 0
         Blurring warning : No
             Focus status : Nice
          Exposure status : Nice
The pictures are taken from a 2 megapixel Fuji point-and-shoot camera, at 640x480 resolution? I think you may be right.
Yes, the EXIF is a good info., it proofs that the shooter is just a point & shoot photographer!
Old 25-07-2005, 01:12 AM   #14
Man Utd

maybe I'm just lucky but my CB butterfly already started to eat brine shrimp on the 1st day I bought it. I got it from coral farm & its very cheap too

Till today its very healthy & active
Old 26-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #15
mcktan

hi,

just a feedback that my copperband butterfly finally eating frozen brineshrimp for the past few days hehehe
Old 27-07-2005, 12:04 AM   #16
Man Utd

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcktan
hi,

just a feedback that my copperband butterfly finally eating frozen brineshrimp for the past few days hehehe
Congrats!
Old 27-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #17
flame angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcktan
hi,

Do take note that brineshrimps have very little nutritional value, so it might not able to sustain its healthy. Provide a wider variety of food is the sure bet to keep them alive.