Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Resources and Articles

Old 08-12-2006, 07:58 AM   #1
jwhtan
Barney

Default What has become of this section ?

Instead of it being a resources and articles section, all kinds of questions and threads are sprouting up here.

The next thread that is not supposed to be here and is started here will get a zap to zero reps from me. The next guy who dig up old threads and post " upzz for u lar " " thanks for the info " gets zap from me.

Read the guidelines at the top of the section's sticky.

Damn It.

What the hell did I create this section to archive informative articles for .

No questions in this section. No what must I do, No what to add, What to buy.

Post your questions where, what, how at the planted main section.

This is a contributing section.
jwhtan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #2
blackBRUSHalgae

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=265808

I'm sorry if I've posted the above thread on this wrong section. The reason that I've posted it under Aquascaping Resources and Articles section is because I see this information as a resource for aquarists, and also I see a sticky LFS listing thread and many other threads concerning about URL of aquatium related shops or aquarium equipments. That is why I did not post the thread under Planted Tanks & Aquascaping (where the thread was moved to,) which seems more suited for general planted tank issues and aquascaping
Old 08-12-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
jwhtan
Barney

I shifted easily 30 - 40 threads there. Most of them asking why, where and how.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:21 PM   #4
blackBRUSHalgae

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
I shifted easily 30 - 40 threads there. Most of them asking why, where and how.
This particular local online store that I've found ships fishes and plants (may I ask how many local shops in singapore ships fishes and plants?) Additionally, they also carry an American brand "Aquarium Landscapes" CO2 equipements and plants fertilization, particularly their premium stainless steel check valve with lifetime warranty and precision needle valve as well as their CO2 Diffuser equiped with a powerhead, which benefits those who has a hard time with their unreliable and cheaply made taiwanese CO2 regulator and CO2 diffusion. Is this not considered a resource for an aquarists? So I guess you need to move those threads such as LFS listings, Nature Aquarium homepage and ADA Europe homepage, and zapped those thread starters too.

Last edited by blackBRUSHalgae; 08-12-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:50 PM   #5
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackBRUSHalgae View Post
? So I guess you need to move those threads such as LFS listings, Nature Aquarium homepage and ADA Europe homepage, and zapped those thread starters too.
I dun need u to tell me wat to do. Either u accept wat we are doing in moderating or u be classified as persona non-grata. We dun allow commercial advertising. Allowing the thread to even remain is already a concession on our part.

To you is resource, to me is commercial advertising. And in here, unfortunately for u, my opinion counts.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #6
blackBRUSHalgae

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan View Post
I dun need u to tell me wat to do. Either u accept wat we are doing in moderating or u be classified as persona non-grata. We dun allow commercial advertising. Allowing the thread to even remain is already a concession on our part.

To you is resource, to me is commercial advertising. And in here, unfortunately for u, my opinion counts.

I'm sorry if I come towards you in a wrong way and I understand it is really tiresome to moderate such a big forum with so many junk posts and threads. Anyhow I'm neither a merchant nor do I associated with any commercial businesses in aquarium. Nevertheless I respect your decision and hope your hardwork will make this forum a better place
Old 08-12-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackBRUSHalgae View Post
I'm sorry if I come towards you in a wrong way and I understand it is really tiresome to moderate such a big forum with so many junk posts and threads. Anyhow I'm neither a merchant nor do I associated with any commercial businesses in aquarium. Nevertheless I respect your decision and hope your hardwork will make this forum a better place
Thank you. We shall move on from here.
Old 08-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #8
reversebungee

Default suggestion

a small suggestion...
I know and had read the "Guidelines to posting at Aquascaping Resources and Articles ". It is easy to understand and not too long to get message across.

But to make the info flow through better, i think we can change it to something focus on the main points.

instead of a whole paragraph (some pple just dont read or cant inhale the main points), we can change to points form.
some thing like this:

Don'ts
- Ask those "where to buy", "What to do" etc
- Post all the " good work" "well done" " keep it up" remarks
- etc
- etc

Do's
- Post informative articles and serious discussion
- etc

just a simple suggestion lah. my 2cents worth.