Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Fanatics Club Activities

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2012, 03:53 PM   #11
matthew
Senior Dragon

bro, for renewal...we must stil fill in the form again or can juz transfer $60 to the designated posb acc? Wats the dateline?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
Edmundo

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew View Post
bro, for renewal...we must stil fill in the form again or can juz transfer $60 to the designated posb acc? Wats the dateline?
No need. End August. Grace 1st 2 weeks into Sep.

For your necessary Info

Post Buy/Sell, Title Your Thread, No Chit Chat in Thread
Old 08-08-2012, 10:35 PM   #13
weiqiang1314

Hi where can I Download form accordingly and fill the necessary detail and information? If one is ban previously can he still join as a AFC? and also one must create an account with arofanatics first?

Hope to hear from you asap. Thanks!

Old 08-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #14
NCTony
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiqiang1314 View Post
Hi where can I Download form accordingly and fill the necessary detail and information? If one is ban previously can he still join as a AFC? and also one must create an account with arofanatics first?

Kindly refer to the link for the form

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=495979
Old 09-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #15
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiqiang1314 View Post

arofanatics and AFC are always two separate entities. Being an AFC member does not mean that one can disregard or undermine our guidelines.

Having said that, your this friend may like to appeal for his ban to be lifted. Joining AFC can be a mitigating point. But it still depends on why he is banned. If the person is a fraud and got banned because of fraudulent dealings, then dun bother. If he is banned for making personal attacks against any mods or admins (including me), then we can consider lifting the ban or allowing him to re-register another nick provided he undertakes not to repeat that kind of behaviour.

It all depends on him.
Old 14-08-2012, 07:09 PM   #16
Arowana Fanatics Club

AFC Administrator

i received a $60.00 without name on 12 Aug....... if you transfer me, please let me know otherwise, i take it as a donation to AFC.

So far i receive S$60.00 transfer from following on 12 Aug 2012
1. sfchoong
2. nywa78
3. No name no info.... (found: Ong88)

If you know you are the one, please produce your receipt for ATM transfer to verify, otherwise please plas bank statement to verify with me.

Last edited by Arowana Fanatics Club; 12-09-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 21-08-2012, 06:31 PM   #17
khoon
Dragon

I ve send my chq through mail..Have u receive it?
Old 10-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #18
finclk
Dragon

just transferred $60 for my membership renewal.

Thx. Hope the new year will have much more activities than the previous.

I believe repeat farm visits are fine with hobbyists. Especially those that we visited in 2009 when AFC first started.

Just contributing some ideas.

Cheers..
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46 AM   #19
jwhtan
Barney

I believe and hope members understand.

The Club is not started as a business entity. The committee is not the proprietor or the members paid customers. Activities or the lack of it last year was not for the lack of trying.

I understand some members join AFC for various reasons. Some join to participate in the activities. Some join for the buy/sell privilege. Some join to support the club.

In the last year ......

We tried to do the grow-out event again, like someone suggested we should. The response, as you all may know, was poor. Very poor. To the point of being deafening. We had to call it off due to a lack of participation.

A visit was arranged to SDF, of which the turn-out was decent. But we would have like to get more participation. Quite a number of members did not turn up.

I believe most of you know the whole industry wasn't doing particularly well last year. So much so that even though we try to plan visits, a number of farms actually declined our requests. It is not that we didn't plan or didn't try. However, this will not stop us. In the coming year, we will try again.

Subsequently, we arranged a durian trip to Malaysia, which also include a visit to Xian Leng showroom in Batu Pahat. The trip cost abt $70+ per head and AFC was supposed to subsidise a portion at $30 per head. Again, the response was very poor. Only four AFC members register for it. As there were only four AFC sign-ups, I decided that AFC will not pay for the subsidy. To fulfill our promise, I paid the subsidy.

In July, we held our AGM. I had hoped that we will be able to get more members to participate and from there, we can get more members into the committee who can help plan the activities/events. We didn't manage the quorum and has to wait half hour to commence the meeting. As it turn out, getting members into the committee to do work is no easy task.

During the last AGM, Jeff1980 and Pearl1982 were tasked to plan activities for the new year. Coming into the present committee, Jeff1980 has now asked to be relieved of his position as a committee member because of the birth of his child. He feels he won't be able to juggle the time to do AFC work. There is a committee discussion forum which is open to the committee members. Unfortunately, I have not heard anything from Pearl1982. Why this is so I have no idea.

The year's main activity is the participation in the arofanatics carnival. As you all would know by now, members participation in the arowana competition was again a deafening silence. The club, then, has to resort to getting associate members, to participate and in so doing, change the whole format of the competition in very little time. And certain members dun even come to the carnival.

For members who do have time, I sincerely invite you to be part of the committee, to plan and organise these activities that you would like to see. AFC will definitely facilitate the events.

For others who do not want to do the work, I asked that when we do organise the activities, please participate.

I hope to see most of you in the activities we plan for next year.

Thank you.

Regards
Old 20-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #20
finclk
Dragon

i like to know how many farms are still remaining in AFC. The updated list on page 1 doesn't look good - updated as of 15 Sep.
Closed Thread