Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum

Old 08-03-2011, 10:15 PM   #61
TRIX
Senior Dragon

Post some baby Dino of mine..

Baby lap..love the way it looks, 5.5"

Baby Ansorgii, cb from Japan, 4"
TRIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:22 PM   #62
tokyogasmask

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post

Gorgeous little lap mate!

The Ansorgii is a Ans x Endli Hybrid I think.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #63
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyogasmask View Post
You got the mag then!

Is it translated into English?
it's in Japanese.

i'm trying to find a software to translate the scanned pages to English but those parts near the center of the magazine is not clear.

i believe it's quite detailed with a total of 28 pages on bichirs.

what species this? PBB?:

just to acknowledge the source of the images. both pics are extracted from Aqua Life march 2011 issue: http://www.mpj-aqualife.com/aqualife.html

translated: http://translate.google.com/translat.../aqualife.html
Schmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #64
tokyogasmask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmike View Post
it's in Japanese.

i'm trying to find a software to translate the scanned pages to English but those parts near the center of the magazine is not clear.

i believe it's quite detailed with a total of 28 pages on bichirs.

what species this? PBB?:

just to acknowledge the source of the images. both pics are extracted from Aqua Life march 2011 issue: http://www.mpj-aqualife.com/aqualife.html

translated: http://translate.google.com/translat.../aqualife.html
Hi.
The Bichir in the photo says it is from Lake Turkana, caught in the late 80s.
The picture of the river is Lake Turkana, and says pretty much the same as i translated from my WC Turkana "Expedi 2008" documents, that the lake has lots of them in, but is near impossible to get to as it is in the "Enemy triangle" rebel stronghold. Local fishermen get shot fishing thewre by the rebels that control that area.

I wish it was in English, so that the people who doubted my description of Turkana PBB could see I was not talking rubbish!

You can see now that the infamous photo of the African guy holding the bright green and white striped PBB is a Chad, while the pale colored top half green, less patterning is ther Turkana variant.

What throws the whole thing off is the fact that the CB Chad and Turkana PBB look nothing like their WC versions!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:52 PM   #65
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Hi.
The Bichir in the photo says it is from Lake Turkana, caught in the late 80s.
The picture of the river is Lake Turkana, and says pretty much the same as i translated from my WC Turkana "Expedi 2008" documents, that the lake has lots of them in, but is near impossible to get to as it is in the "Enemy triangle" rebel stronghold. Local fishermen get shot fishing thewre by the rebels that control that area.

I wish it was in English, so that the people who doubted my description of Turkana PBB could see I was not talking rubbish!

You can see now that the infamous photo of the African guy holding the bright green and white striped PBB is a Chad, while the pale colored top half green, less patterning is ther Turkana variant.

What throws the whole thing off is the fact that the CB Chad and Turkana PBB look nothing like their WC versions!
thanks.

language is always a barrier among many.

CB Chad don't look as green as the one in that photo and CB Turkana sure look closer to that instead.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:16 PM   #66
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIX View Post

Very cute lap and hybrid, mate! Like the fabulous colour and contrast on your lap, but I still prefer the head shape of the latest batch of lapradeis AquaHobby brought in Anxious to see how mine will turn out in future.

Last edited by Tendou Souji; 08-03-2011 at 11:19 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:27 PM   #67
blackwolf

recent stock at japan....

Old 08-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #68
Gecko
Dragon

Quote:
I was not talking rubbish!
Bro, your posts have been the most informative, educational and has so much clarity that I have read so far compared to the echoes and riddles that clutter this thread...thats my honest opinion.
Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #69
tokyogasmask

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
Bro, your posts have been the most informative, educational and has so much clarity that I have read so far compared to the echoes and riddles that clutter this thread...thats my honest opinion.
Wow, that's very kind. Thankyou.
Only I am trying to not post as much now as I feel it makes me look like a know it all, and I really am not.

Things that I learn from people at Bichir meets and a few contacts in the breeding circle here in Japan is good solid info, and credit should go to those, not me.

But sharing is the great thing about this hobby, sites like this make it all possible.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:52 AM   #70
Schmike
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Wow, that's very kind. Thankyou.
Only I am trying to not post as much now as I feel it makes me look like a know it all, and I really am not.

Things that I learn from people at Bichir meets and a few contacts in the breeding circle here in Japan is good solid info, and credit should go to those, not me.

But sharing is the great thing about this hobby, sites like this make it all possible.
we definitely learnt more since you joined.