Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 17-06-2015, 11:27 AM   #41
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantergal View Post
Btw, I like your kohaku a lot!
Thank you.
She is now around 4 years old. I love it too.
scorpio88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2015, 11:28 AM   #42
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by July_08 View Post
The kohaku is gorgeous
Thank you bro
Old 17-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #43
Plantergal

It's strange that I didn't start out liking the big three as I felt they were so traditional. But soon I realized that their simple, yet complex (esp showas) development make them all the more interesting. Although I must say my top most favs are the budo goromo, ki utsuri and shusui
Did you have your kohaku beauty since she was very young? How did you start? Do share more picts please. I've uploaded some pictures, hope you can see as may not be very clear. They've only been with me for a couple of days but I love them LOL.

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/wij...?sort=3&page=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio88 View Post
Haha thank you again.
No worries. I maybe not 100% right, but I share with you my thoughts
Yes, Sanke and Showa are the more challenging ones. You can see the changes in them as they grow.
Yes, all depends on individual preference. For me, I prefer Showa and Asagi.
How about you?
Icic, can you upload your photos to photobucket and link the photos here
Plantergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 12:35 AM   #44
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Posting on behalf Plantergal

Last edited by scorpio88; 18-06-2015 at 12:37 AM.
Old 18-06-2015, 12:44 AM   #45
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:
It's strange that I didn't start out liking the big three as I felt they were so traditional. But soon I realized that their simple, yet complex (esp showas) development make them all the more interesting. Although I must say my top most favs are the budo goromo, ki utsuri and shusui
Did you have your kohaku beauty since she was very young? How did you start? Do share more picts please. I've uploaded some pictures, hope you can see as may not be very clear. They've only been with me for a couple of days but I love them LOL.

http://s300.photobucket.com/user/wij...?sort=3&page=1
Agree, its strange. Cos for most people they will like the big 3. Yes, the way they develop from young is very interesting. But I didnt see any of your fave kois in your pond leh?
Nope. I got it when it is a Nisai. Actually I keep fishes when young. From tropical fishes like bettas, tetras etc, until goldfish then to koi.
Sure let me go dig my pics.
Nice pond! Very clear water. How big is your pond? What is the depth?
The yellow koi is Kigoi? All your kois from Nippon?
Haha, icic...I can see them swimming happily in your pond.
Btw, just curious, you are a gal or guy. Cos there are very few female koi hobbyist around
Old 18-06-2015, 12:46 AM   #46
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:

Posting on behalf Plantergal
Btw, they look abit slim. You should pump more.
Old 18-06-2015, 02:37 AM   #47
Plantergal

Wah you actually posted it up lol! Yes they're quite slim for now, I shall heed your advice to pump them up since I want them to grow fast hahaa. The yellow one is a karashi, I got all of them from Marugen, I'm sure you've been there before. Where did you get your sanke and kohaku? Those three you posted are really nice. I'm still thinking of getting a shusui together with a sanke, there's currently a small ki utsuri in the pond but it's forever hiding, so not in the pict. Budo I like a lot, the two I saw were out of my budget, so decide to wait first for a budo. How many are you keeping now Scorpio? Must be a lot! Looks like you have lots of experience when it comes to fish since you've had many before the kois. What happen to the goldfish now? Gave up liao?

Before the kois came, the pond was full of algae, green and couldn't even see the bottom, my friend was worried when I told him I was getting kois. 3 days after the kois arrived, I can see the bottom very clearly now, hard to believe they literally snack on those algae! The size is about 1.9 m x 1.9 m with 1.6 m depth. How big/deep is yours? Can share picts through pm as well? :P

With a nick like PlanterGal, surely can tell a gal lah hoh LOL. I'm a total newbie, no experience rearing fish at all, in fact just started learning about kois 3 weeks ago. So many things are still in a blur. Actually, I also wonder why most koi hobbyists are guys? A few of the ladies I know keep kois only to serve as part of their garden landscape but never really discuss or analyze, while the guy keepers I know tend to be very serious abt this koi hobby. What is it abt kois that make guys go nuts? Or maybe ladies prefer bags and bling bling, hence find it hard to imagine paying thousands of dollars for a fish

Quote:
Agree, its strange. Cos for most people they will like the big 3. Yes, the way they develop from young is very interesting. But I didnt see any of your fave kois in your pond leh?
Nope. I got it when it is a Nisai. Actually I keep fishes when young. From tropical fishes like bettas, tetras etc, until goldfish then to koi.
Sure let me go dig my pics.
Nice pond! Very clear water. How big is your pond? What is the depth?
The yellow koi is Kigoi? All your kois from Nippon?
Haha, icic...I can see them swimming happily in your pond.
Btw, just curious, you are a gal or guy. Cos there are very few female koi hobbyist around
Old 18-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #48
joshdway
Arofanatic

Thumbs up

not to take anything away from the kois

but was about to say the pond and water looks deep and clear

1.6m!

that's very deep
joshdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2015, 12:58 PM   #49
scorpio88
Arofanatic

Quote:
Wah you actually posted it up lol! Yes they're quite slim for now, I shall heed your advice to pump them up since I want them to grow fast hahaa. The yellow one is a karashi, I got all of them from Marugen, I'm sure you've been there before. Where did you get your sanke and kohaku? Those three you posted are really nice. I'm still thinking of getting a shusui together with a sanke, there's currently a small ki utsuri in the pond but it's forever hiding, so not in the pict. Budo I like a lot, the two I saw were out of my budget, so decide to wait first for a budo. How many are you keeping now Scorpio? Must be a lot! Looks like you have lots of experience when it comes to fish since you've had many before the kois. What happen to the goldfish now? Gave up liao?

Before the kois came, the pond was full of algae, green and couldn't even see the bottom, my friend was worried when I told him I was getting kois. 3 days after the kois arrived, I can see the bottom very clearly now, hard to believe they literally snack on those algae! The size is about 1.9 m x 1.9 m with 1.6 m depth. How big/deep is yours? Can share picts through pm as well? :P

With a nick like PlanterGal, surely can tell a gal lah hoh LOL. I'm a total newbie, no experience rearing fish at all, in fact just started learning about kois 3 weeks ago. So many things are still in a blur. Actually, I also wonder why most koi hobbyists are guys? A few of the ladies I know keep kois only to serve as part of their garden landscape but never really discuss or analyze, while the guy keepers I know tend to be very serious abt this koi hobby. What is it abt kois that make guys go nuts? Or maybe ladies prefer bags and bling bling, hence find it hard to imagine paying thousands of dollars for a fish
Wa. Not bad leh. Who maintain the pond for you? If you feed more, got to watch out for your water parameters. Oh ic. Haha I never been to Marugen.
Sanke is from Now they are old le. Not as nice as compared to last time. Your pond is depth. Very good for koi. It is around 5 ton. Try to keep only 5-8 max. To allow your koi to grow. Ya, I also killed alot of fishes when young
Sorry I cant remember my pond size. But is a 10ton pond include filter. Haha, still in goldfish. I also keeping ranchus.
So you choose koi over bags and bling bling? hehe

LOL. But there are some guys using gals' nick leh. Haha, you are also very serious about the hobby
Old 19-06-2015, 01:43 AM   #50
Plantergal

Quote:
Wa. Not bad leh. Who maintain the pond for you? If you feed more, got to watch out for your water parameters. Oh ic. Haha I never been to Marugen.
Sanke is from Now they are old le. Not as nice as compared to last time. Your pond is depth. Very good for koi. It is around 5 ton. Try to keep only 5-8 max. To allow your koi to grow. Ya, I also killed alot of fishes when young
Sorry I cant remember my pond size. But is a 10ton pond include filter. Haha, still in goldfish. I also keeping ranchus.
So you choose koi over bags and bling bling? hehe

LOL. But there are some guys using gals' nick leh. Haha, you are also very serious about the hobby

Guys using gals' nick? that's so funny. Kois are more fun than bags or blings cause there's emotion involved. I guess because kois are big in size so easier to bond with humans compared to say small fish like betta or guppies, certainly not bags haha! Ranchus are kinda cute, guess you don't mix them together with your kois? Keep 5 kois only? Wah that would be very hard to achieve :P Would also like to see picts of your kois swimming in your pond if get a chance. Right now the pond's maintained by Polyart Aquarium, who does yours?