Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 30-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
TVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenson View Post
So far only shine them in the morning and at night. But I flip open the part which allow me to throw in pellets to allow some air exchange and releases of condensation
Hi Jenson,
May I know the size of your tank with how many fish?
Thanks!
TVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #12
jenson
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR View Post
Hi Jenson,
May I know the size of your tank with how many fish?
Thanks!
The tank only 30L and currently overstocked with 6 fishes as seen in photos.
jenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #13
TVR

Quote:
The tank only 30L and currently overstocked with 6 fishes as seen in photos.
If it is the tank you have shown, I believe the fish will be under extreme stress.
Any fish in there with that strong current from your filtration and small area will have no way to rest fighting the current 24/7.
Old 30-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
jenson
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVR View Post
If it is the tank you have shown, I believe the fish will be under extreme stress.
Any fish in there with that strong current from your filtration and small area will have no way to rest fighting the current 24/7.
Oops thanks for pointing out.maybe I should reduce the flow rate to the minimum level
Old 30-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #15
SKG

Your gfs surely be happier if you switch to my earlier suggestion of using air stone only.
Old 30-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #16
Heuer
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG View Post
Your gfs surely be happier if you switch to my earlier suggestion of using air stone only.
+100. I can't imagine they live in a washing machine 24/7.
Heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #17
jenson
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG View Post
I get what you mean bro, but I did noticed they will rest at the front half of the tank coz the flow is mainly at the second half of the tank away from the side you all see in the photo. Hopefully by reducing the flow rate would make them happier.

Currently before the next upgrade not possible to use airpump and air stone. Invested in hydra and running together with the bundled filter. Though the guy did told us to remove the built in filter on top of the tank since using hydra 20 now. But I just a bit KS and leave it there :-p

Will plan for the tank setup for the next upgrade.
Old 30-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #18
jenson
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heuer View Post
+100. I can't imagine they live in a washing machine 24/7.
Haha well said. I laughed :-p
Old 30-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #19
TVR

Quote:
I get what you mean bro, but I did noticed they will rest at the front half of the tank coz the flow is mainly at the second half of the tank away from the side you all see in the photo. Hopefully by reducing the flow rate would make them happier.

Currently before the next upgrade not possible to use airpump and air stone. Invested in hydra and running together with the bundled filter. Though the guy did told us to remove the built in filter on top of the tank since using hydra 20 now. But I just a bit KS and leave it there :-p

Bro,
Frankly, this tank is not suitable at all for GF and that filter takes up almost 1/4 of its space. Even lowering it will not help, but changing to a airstone will at least calm the water a little. I have a few new spare pump and lots of airstone. You can contact me at 86165526 to collect them.
Old 30-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #20
Ronald
Dragon

Quote:

Bro, this tank seems like for simple shrimp/tetra and planted setup. Not for goldfish at all! Really pity them....
Think it's better for the goldfish if you can just buy one of those big Toyogo plastic storage box and just use a simple sponge filter to keep them.
Ronald is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
built-in, goldfish, shine, t5 light, tank