Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Resources and Articles

Old 26-01-2009, 10:07 PM   #11
flybaits

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiandan View Post
Does it really work? will be experimenting soon! Thanks for the idea of ferrero rocher boxes. Will go searching for them now
yup. i ll normally fill up the box about half full with water. get your lava rocks, wood, dead corals etc and placed the moss on them. i ll lay them all in 1 directions with some spacing in between( just like if you are tying them up ). put them in the container. you can mist/spray with some water on them if you want. otherwise just, close container and placed it near window/light source.
after a week (for me), i ll take off the cover, see the progress and close back
( just to let new air replacement ) by then anyway, the moss/fissidens should be attached.for me i ll let them grow a little more.
good luck in your new project!

cheers!!!
Old 27-01-2009, 06:16 AM   #12
xiandan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybaits View Post
yup. i ll normally fill up the box about half full with water. get your lava rocks, wood, dead corals etc and placed the moss on them. i ll lay them all in 1 directions with some spacing in between( just like if you are tying them up ). put them in the container. you can mist/spray with some water on them if you want. otherwise just, close container and placed it near window/light source.
after a week (for me), i ll take off the cover, see the progress and close back
( just to let new air replacement ) by then anyway, the moss/fissidens should be attached.for me i ll let them grow a little more.
good luck in your new project!

cheers!!!
okoks!! i'll try that out asap..thanks alot for the tips bro!
HAPPY CNY!!!!!!
Old 27-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #13
flybaits

Happy New Year to you too bro and to all. May we prosper and in good health always!!!

cheers!
Old 13-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #14
FishyAmazon

sounds good. i will try to improvise it using fine filter wool as base top with potting soil for growing carpet. update again when there are some results.