Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 20-08-2012, 02:38 PM   #161
Sunday
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
I would go for HG if I had a 60cm tank. It would be more impactful alongside moss. Also, it is easier to grow and that is always welcomed.

How will CO2 affect your L46s? From my experience, aquascaping and the breeding of fishes hardly work well together. Being unable to completely focus in one direction at the risk to disregard the other often produces unsatisfactory results.

You're not being fickle-minded bro, you are just dreaming of what you can do!. Haha.
I can never seem to settle on one thing and then diligently work towards it, too much distraction! Now that you've said it, I suddenly have this idea to buy an ADA 60-P and use it for a new L46 breeding colony. Then I'll have to get a 2-tier stand.

The thing is I've never tried planted before so I'm afraid to try HC cos' I always read up on it melting away and what not. But then again, if not now then when. In that case I'll have to re-update my list cos' I'll need aqua soil! Prepare for another email, albeit shorter, in the next few days Isaac! Thanks so much and as always, I appreciate your help and advice!
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2012, 09:33 PM   #162
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Wah, bro. A 60P for a L46 breeding tank like very waste leh. Lol...
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 10:55 AM   #163
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Why is it a waste?
Old 22-08-2012, 11:07 PM   #164
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Why is it a waste?
Most pleco tanks are usually kept with minimal decor for ease of maintenance, since plecos produce lots of waste. I'd much rather get a normal tank for the pleco setup and keep the 60P for a planted. Personal preference ah.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #165
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
He is using ADA's lily pipes, those glass inlet/outlet tubes. Filter should be a 2211.

Edit: in post #128 on the right side of the tank pic, you can see the vague outline of the inlet tube.
You really also into this? Setting up any tank?

Quote:

Thanks bro Jon-san.

Yes, I'm using ADA Mini Lily Pipes. Here are where you can find their details:
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=492413&page=9

And here are the details for the Eheim 2211:
http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=492413&page=4
Thanks bro for the details, very neat setup with Ada pipes.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 11:26 PM   #166
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Most pleco tanks are usually kept with minimal decor for ease of maintenance, since plecos produce lots of waste. I'd much rather get a normal tank for the pleco setup and keep the 60P for a planted. Personal preference ah.
Also te water needs for L46 n planted tank very different.
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2012, 11:42 PM   #167
Sunday
Dragon

Quote:
Quote:
To be honest I care more about aesthetics and achieving a piece of aquatic art in a set-up rather than keeping fishes just to breed them. Hence I really dislike those minimal L46 set-ups that are meant to be a breeding factory. Of course they work for their owners and I suppose that's the only thing they want out of the fishes.

As for me, I'd go for a 60-P with a pure hardscape set-up, sand and pleco caves/stacked slates partially buried in the sand and under all the wood. I'd give them a strong current and them let them do the rest. If they breed then excellent, if not then I still like them and their virginities!
Sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-08-2012, 01:35 PM   #168
ralliart12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunday View Post
To be honest I care more about aesthetics and achieving a piece of aquatic art in a set-up rather than keeping fishes just to breed them. Hence I really dislike those minimal L46 set-ups that are meant to be a breeding factory. Of course they work for their owners and I suppose that's the only thing they want out of the fishes.

As for me, I'd go for a 60-P with a pure hardscape set-up, sand and pleco caves/stacked slates partially buried in the sand and under all the wood. I'd give them a strong current and them let them do the rest. If they breed then excellent, if not then I still like them and their virginities!
Randomly came across this thread; I thought I saw a "decently" done-up L46 tank somewhere on the Internet:

It's by Mr. Tom Barr (I suppose planted tank owners will know who he is )
Old 29-08-2012, 01:45 AM   #169
cherabin
Arofanatic

I love this tank too. Think the whiptails bred before the L46
cherabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #170
soltari007
Dragon

for asthetically amazing L46 tank you gotta look towards Håvard Støre Andresen lol
soltari007 is offline   Reply With Quote