Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 15-04-2005, 02:11 PM   #21
FancyGoldfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
Just another point to add. This ranchu looks very similar to an Ishikawa that I used to own(Ishikawa was told by the person that sold me the ranchu, so I cannot verify). The main difference is that mine the tail is not so beautiful and that the head growth is slightly sharper and not as broad as this one. Mine the colour is very kwat red one. When stationery, it will always point its head down by about 15 degrees. Swmming is excellent. When I bought it last year, it was bbr. But after change colour, sian liao. Gave it away because I love full red ranchu. Those type that is red from head to tail, top to bottom.
Do you have a photo? It would be nice to compare and see if there is really a similarity!
Old 15-04-2005, 02:17 PM   #22
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyGoldfish
Do you have a photo? It would be nice to compare and see if there is really a similarity!
When I gave it away that time I havn't got digi cam yet, also havn't got camera phone yet.

Been asking my friend to send me a photo of the ranchu for ages but he never did. See what I can do.
Old 16-04-2005, 01:16 AM   #23
butchufly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mybirdshit
OK, then. I will judge as best I can.

From the pic, seems that the mehaba, sehaba wide and the peduncle thick. Tail from whta I can tell opens nicely. Wen growth is good, is of a good rectangular shape.
birdshit,
Do you know the english translation of mehaba and sehaba? Noticed you used these two words in other post. Appreciate if you could use english translation for easy reading. Thanks.
Old 16-04-2005, 01:21 AM   #24
mybirdshit
Dragon

Mehaba is distance between the eyes.

Sehaba is the back.
mybirdshit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 01:22 AM   #25
butchufly

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelphan
Nice ranchu there ... basiscally carrying all the neccessary features to make it a nice specimen.

Color seems kinda off ... but could be those fish with "underlying" color which is rather special. Cant really explain this feature but have seen it on some fishes ... that is of cos I assess this fish correction from the pic

Jap? Thai? Sing?

Think is a Jap ... again ... same as the rest ... think is raised up in Singapore waters
What makes you all think the fish is jap and raised in Singapore?
Old 16-04-2005, 02:35 AM   #26
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchufly
We may be wrong but this is what most of us experience with our ranchus and also observing others. There is generally a very distinct profile of Japanese bred ranchu as compared to those breed outside Japan. Maybe it is the cool weather, maybe the food, maybe the water. I don't really know.

Let me give you an example. I am a Chinese and so are most of us. But somehow the Chinese nationals that I see in Singapore and China are somehow different from the Singaporean Chinese. Somehow you can easily tell them apart though there may be blur area. Sometimes a Japanese ranchu may look like a Thai ranchu and a Thai ranchu may look like a Japanese ranchu.

Butchufly, if you want to know more, come and join us for our gathering. We can all learn together. It will be fun and enjoyable. If you need to break the ice, I can invite you for kopi.
Old 16-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #27
samuelphan
Senior Dragon

Sometimes it is very difficult to really explain why a ranchu looks Jap/Thai/Sing. It is the very subtle differences that tells them apart.

But not all the time we can be right .... esp when the quality differences are now rather insignificant nowadays.

Think observation is key to appreciation of the ranchus.

It is a constant learning process

Quote:
samuelphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2005, 07:09 PM   #28
butchufly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
We may be wrong but this is what most of us experience with our ranchus and also observing others. There is generally a very distinct profile of Japanese bred ranchu as compared to those breed outside Japan. Maybe it is the cool weather, maybe the food, maybe the water. I don't really know.

Let me give you an example. I am a Chinese and so are most of us. But somehow the Chinese nationals that I see in Singapore and China are somehow different from the Singaporean Chinese. Somehow you can easily tell them apart though there may be blur area. Sometimes a Japanese ranchu may look like a Thai ranchu and a Thai ranchu may look like a Japanese ranchu.

Butchufly, if you want to know more, come and join us for our gathering. We can all learn together. It will be fun and enjoyable. If you need to break the ice, I can invite you for kopi.
Interesting. If you all have some session to learn more, please let me know. Will join if possible.
Old 17-04-2005, 12:28 AM   #29
Sotong King

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI
i feels tat commenting on sotong's fish is less stressful....seems like more comments were posted.
Now you see the truth of me.
Old 17-04-2005, 06:19 AM   #30
Ranchu Lover

Quote:
Interesting. If you all have some session to learn more, please let me know. Will join if possible.
CH Leong is waiting for your reply!