Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 22-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
r3dstar

Question Invertebrates recommendations with betta

Good morning bros, does bro know what kind of shrimp I can accommodate with my betta in a 1ft tank? and where can I get it ?

Thank you for your advice in advance
Old 22-03-2011, 10:40 AM   #2
Grace

I hv one young betta fry in my 1footer tank. And they are doing fine. My are Cherry.
Old 22-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
r3dstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace View Post
I hv one young betta fry in my 1footer tank. And they are doing fine. My are Cherry.
oh i see, bro any pics to share ? is it planted ? oh my betta I dunno how old liao but i just bought from C328 nia, is around 3.5cm ?
Old 22-03-2011, 10:45 AM   #4
soonhong

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dstar View Post
oh i see, bro any pics to share ? is it planted ? oh my betta I dunno how old liao but i just bought from C328 nia, is around 3.5cm ?
Bro, if betta with shrimps....not recommended ..the shrimps would be stress....and sometimes betta might attack the shrimps..or eat the shrimplets..
Old 22-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
r3dstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonhong View Post
Bro, if betta with shrimps....not recommended ..the shrimps would be stress....and sometimes betta might attack the shrimps..or eat the shrimplets..
oh i planned to get one of those bigger shrimp, is around 2cm and pale yellow colour with some patterns on the shell, use to see it in polyart, bro you think is ok ma?
Old 22-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #6
soonhong

Quote:
oh i planned to get one of those bigger shrimp, is around 2cm and pale yellow colour with some patterns on the shell, use to see it in polyart, bro you think is ok ma?
If you get the bigger shrimps like yamato ...then I think should be ok...but I still prefer not to keep shrimp with fish..
Old 22-03-2011, 11:21 AM   #7
r3dstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonhong View Post
If you get the bigger shrimps like yamato ...then I think should be ok...but I still prefer not to keep shrimp with fish..
noted bro, thank you for your advice any idea where can I get yamato shrimps ?
Old 22-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #8
bai
Dragon

Quote:
noted bro, thank you for your advice any idea where can I get yamato shrimps ?
Seaview, NA should have.
bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #9
BettaCloud

Dont keep too many shrimps if not betta will get irritated with these little movement and attack it. I kept feeder glass shrimp with my betta for half a year. No prob with co habiting. But other betta will attack and kill them. Shrimp have a tendency to scrape the poo poo and break it into smaller pieces, releasing ammonia ino water. U hv to check for ammonia frequently.
Old 22-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #10
DraVen

i've tried to add a malayan into my betta tank. it's 6X6X9 inch though. my betta scan scan a bit, and killed the shrimp before i can save it. my betta died the next day too. i suppose it died due to indigestion or something. swelling at the belly area

my take, not advisable