Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 02-12-2009, 11:21 AM   #1
lincolngoh

Default Why buy a XB that need black tank to have intense gold?

I was just wondering, why some people like to buy XB that need black tank treatment to look intense?

Isn't it a bit artificial?

Is it because they like black tank?
Old 02-12-2009, 11:28 AM   #2
sycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post
I was just wondering, why some people like to buy XB that need black tank treatment to look intense?

Isn't it a bit artificial?

Is it because they like black tank?
as long as fish are keep in tank,all are artificial enviroment.
white or black is to own like.
for me,I would like to had both white and black tank.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #3
lincolngoh

Yup I agree, but what i am curious is why some people don't consider black tank effect as artificial looking, and only white tank effect as artificial?

Last edited by lincolngoh; 02-12-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
MadZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolngoh View Post
Yup I agree, but what i am curious is why some people don't consider black tank effect as artificial looking only white tank?
I choose a black tank cause it helps the contrast of my xbs. Some prefer blue but it all depends on individual taste ma. I feel that black tank is the more natural dark color of our river waters where it originally came from.....water dark and murky. But this is just my 2 cents worth of thoughts.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #5
elps99fishing

just a change of perspective n way of looking at things.
if we want shine level and put in WTT, then e shine level is artificial.
if we want gold tone and put in black tank, then e gold is artificial.

But base on traditional judgment, the argument is that not all x-back will crossed especially female. So, by trying to have shine level higher than usual, hence term as 'artificial'. As for gold tone, one most significant feature of x-back is the gold intensity. This has never been artificial. That's y cultivating gold tone is not considered artificial in a way.

current trend is shine level. guess that's e reason y e debate is on going. if 1 day gold tone considered main feature of a x-b, then there will be people saying black tank is artificial.

like red feed with carotene concentrate . But non-potential red fed with carotene will not have effect also.
likewise GH cultivation. non potential fish without proper skill will not have any effect as well.

art of fish keeping vs artificial cultivation.

which 1 u choose to term 'it' ?

ps: please don't zap me. i'm just another newbie in learning process
Old 02-12-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
lincolngoh

Isn't tank and pond's gold intensity different too?

No zapping from my part, I'm just trying to start an open discussion. All view points are welcomed.

Last edited by lincolngoh; 02-12-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:11 PM   #7
lincolngoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadZ View Post
I choose a black tank cause it helps the contrast of my xbs. I feel that black tank is the more natural dark color of our river waters where it originally came from.....water dark and murky. But this is just my 2 cents worth of thoughts.
Exactly, helps means enhance right? Ya, maybe green or grown is natural. IMO, black is as unnatural as white.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
gtohow
Endangered Dragon

just wonder,
either in pond, lake or river.. isn't the environment surrounding is dark?

anyway there's no right or wrong..
depend on individual keeping..

common past FAQ..
Q. What are your views on the background colour for Reds and Gold Arowanas?

Reds – Black background to bring out the colouration and intensity.
Gold – Blue background for brighter, clearer scales. Improve crossing too.

plus some saying,
Another thing to note when looking at small gold arowanas is the white tank treatment and its effect. Fish like arowana, to an extent, try to blend their color to their surroundings, this is a normal way of camouflage for them in the wild. So what some farms do is place their young arowanas in white fiberglass tanks. The base color of the arowana then whitens, and their shine looks more intense. In the same way, if you bought an arowana in a white background tank, and your aquarium has a dark background the intensity of the shine might fade if it's only caused by the base color. This is why some hobbyists say that if a gold arowana with intense shine is in a black background tank then the shine is for real. This is more or less the equivalent of tanning a super red arowana. It's not unnatural but some buyers consider it cheating. For the seller, they just want to make the arowana look good to better sell them. For me this is like selling clothes, manufacturers show their clothes being worn by models to show how good it looks. You don't consider it false advertising if your body isn't as good as a model's and the clothes don't look good on you.

Last edited by gtohow; 02-12-2009 at 12:24 PM.
gtohow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
sycar

but aro normally swim on the water surface which is bright.
am i right?
Old 02-12-2009, 12:26 PM   #10
akuma
Arofanatic

to me, there is no such thing as 'artificial' effect...be it white or black tank treatment. to me, it is putting the environment in the right effect to make your fish look its best. i also dunno why there are people who 'despise' xb that are put into WTT to achieve the outcome desired. If it is considered 'artificial' or 'fake' effects, then putting reds into black tank is also considered 'artificial' ba? to me , it is playing the environment , lighting effects that put the fish in its best look.
akuma is offline   Reply With Quote