Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Betta Forum

Old 16-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #21
Sam-BettaLover

i'd say change their water before leaving. then feed them twice as much as you usually do for one meal. so that the water will be cleaner than coming back then change and it will allow them to help some extra food after they have eaten full.
Just my 2 cents.
Sorry for my lousy english.
Old 16-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #22
Clamence
Arofanatic

I rmb when i first started breeding betta i use the all natural no feeding mathod when u fill tthe whole tank with java fern and green water and have sunlight. 20+ fries survived to adult hood. Maybe u can try if you are going overseas when fries are still very young. Add lotsa javafern which will provide microbs for them to eeat. Just my 2cents, hope it helps.
Clamence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #23
fizzo87
Arofanatic

Wow so many infos from the Gurus! Thanks so much Masters! I bet this thread will be useful to many new Betta hobbyist like me (:

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk
fizzo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #24
fizzo87
Arofanatic

It looks like having a food timer is useful yet optional accesory to the betta tank to simplify Betta feeding. Got a hell lots better understanding about raising/ feeding Betta fries too. Thanks bro BettaArt, Brichardi! and the all natural feeding with microbs from javaferns by bro Clamence!

I notice a few mention too to have a water change before leaving. I'll take note on that ^^

It is safe too isn't it to have different diets from to time to time for our Bettas? From pellets to live boon to fbw. I read from other forums that giving the betta eat fresh peas helps digestion. True?

Old 16-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #25
Brichardi
Dragon

Any fishes that able to consume garden peas will help in their digestion. It is good to feed them every now and then, provided the fishes will eat them. Not sure whether bettas eat or not though, didn't try feeding them that but tried on cichlids.

Just buy a packet of frozen garden peas from NTUC, take out few to try by putting in a bowl with some water, microwave 1~2 mins, remove the skin, feed yr fish.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 02:37 AM   #26
Rutilans
User Under Moderation

Tried before some eat the pea but some don't even take one look at the pea
Rutilans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #27
fizzo87
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
Any fishes that able to consume garden peas will help in their digestion. It is good to feed them every now and then, provided the fishes will eat them. Not sure whether bettas eat or not though, didn't try feeding them that but tried on cichlids.

Just buy a packet of frozen garden peas from NTUC, take out few to try by putting in a bowl with some water, microwave 1~2 mins, remove the skin, feed yr fish.

I'll try it out with my fishes. Thanks bro! (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #28
fizzo87
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutilans View Post
Tried before some eat the pea but some don't even take one look at the pea

Bro Rutilans, remember you telling me your betta was out of water for quite some time in one of my thread? It happen to me too! I found one of my female laying flat, not moving, looking dry this morning before I head off to work. I tot for sure she's gonna be dead. But no! She was alive!! Quickly put her back in the tank and her gills start to move a lil. And off she went swimming around. I just wonder how long was she out of water. Lucky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17-12-2013, 01:40 PM   #29
Rutilans
User Under Moderation

Ya but safest is after u pick it up u put some ktp extract into her tank so as to repair her slime coating.
Rutilans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2013, 01:22 AM   #30
jiabin
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzo87 View Post

Bro jiabin, if let's say it's more than a week, what would you do then?

Sorry for the late reply but i would starve my adult bettas for even a week or two
jiabin is offline   Reply With Quote