Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion

Old 18-01-2010, 06:41 PM   #1
micheal2002

Default seeking advises!!!

here is the story: bought 2 RTGs (look like same batch but was seperated by sellers in a really small tank divided), bring them home and put together in the 6x2x2 but only giving 4ft space as other 2ft divided for other fish. light was on 24/7.

start have problem the next day after put in tank but only tails and fins dmg (recover fully in 3 days), then keep having a very little dmg but nothing serious. after 2 weeks seem like nothing big major, turn off light at night. moring wake up--dont see any new damage. go work and back at night---1 fish got little heavy fins and dmg, other fish got drop scale along with body injured...seperated them right away, do WC, add salt, conditioner....

3 days laters, one heal almost completely, but the drop scales and body damage one still in recover. the 4th day wake up and both in the same side (one jumped over i think) but no damage at all--but still seperated them again.

now being seperated by clear divider, so wondering should i put them back together again after they're both heal completely?? or just forget comm 2 and have them divided forever??? (the facts them both together when i wake up with no damage or fighting making me want to put them together again but looking to hear more some seniors here ^_^).. thx for reading and very appreciated your time here.
Old 18-01-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
shiokmc
Endangered Dragon

since they want to be 'together' so much.. Let them be

Since minimal injuries & fast recovery.. Small babes much easier to comm

But do watch them closely as they get bigger n more territorial

Good luck
shiokmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #3
ranmaru1987
Dragon

bro.. these type of common comm damage let it be ba.. since they small.. hope they can grow up peacefully..
ranmaru1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
harrysoo
Dragon

Bro, 2 pc comm is difficult even though it can be possible. But u must hv plan B incase all hell break loose. I've tried few times, total failure. Wish u all the best.
harrysoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
yat6661
Dragon

Add maybe 3 more green aros to even out the aggression since your tank is 6feet. My 2cents.
yat6661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
Newcovenant78

This two RTG cannot be comm. It is quite obvious. . Just keep them apart
Old 18-01-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
darren87

i think the damages are minor, they will heal in time. Just give them more tankmates to concentrate on if you don't want them to be too territorial. I have 9 aros in 1 tank currently a lot of damages like broken fins and scales also but overall they are all quite healthy. They are still young, i prefer to have them fight now while they are young, later on give it a month they will usually have peace. If u comm them while they are bigger it will be harder.
Old 19-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #8
garykueh
Arofanatic

Hi bro,

Tried before 2 pcs comm.The result is fatal.
Aro are territorial by nature. It is only natural that they fight to be dominant and mark their territory.

In my opinion, the easiest way to comm is 5pcs from the same batch.
Small fights will occur. Add another pump, the kind that blow bubbles so that during fights, the weaker has chance to "escape".

Some people has success in 2 pcs comm, but it is not common. I think it should not be difficult if those 2 are already paired.

Aro will recognise the environment in 2 days. If you want to add 3, take the 2out first and then introduce the 5 in the tank together.

Good Luck
garykueh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2010, 01:00 AM   #9
Garfield

how about getting one more to even things out...the usual advices from the bros is to keep in odd numbers.

thats why we usually consider 3 or 5 or more.

All the best!
Old 19-01-2010, 01:12 AM   #10
darren87

actually its possible to comm 2 together. But you have to be very observant. If you choose aros you have to see the specific 2 that always swim together. I'm not sure but i have comm 2 together before with no fights at all, had to pick from a tank of around 20 juve aros. Have to also be very lucky to comm 2 if u really want to.