Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 29-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #141
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeIceGreen View Post
Thank you bro, coming from a tanga guru, it means a lot!

Yes, it is really a pleasant sight to see the cardinals swim between the wood. It's tranquil and peaceful, it takes my stress away.
hahaha thanks for the comlpiments, me no guru lah.. still learning (: i've also got a tank with just pea gravel and bogwoods (: hehehe for my whiptails and a school of rummy nose tetra (:
and yah ur WC is quite alot aye (: at 50% daily (: lucky tank is small,if not water bills O_O
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2010, 12:18 AM   #142
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvolutionZ View Post
daily 50%? bro why so much and often?
No choice, only 15 litres of water. Actually I followed what ADA said for tanks of my size in NA book 2, and they change up to 90% daily! After doing it for a while, I can see why, my Corydoras health is fantastic. I am waiting for my cardinals to be healthier as they get used to their new environment. I guess for a tank with this amount of water, daily water changes is the only way to upkeep good water quality, even with good filtration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
hahaha thanks for the comlpiments, me no guru lah.. still learning (: i've also got a tank with just pea gravel and bogwoods (: hehehe for my whiptails and a school of rummy nose tetra (:
and yah ur WC is quite alot aye (: at 50% daily (: lucky tank is small,if not water bills O_O
Show a picture of your tank! Or maybe I could not find the thread, link me? I love rummy nose, best schooling fauna, I will get them when I have a longer and bigger tank.
It's quite okay, about 7 litres a day is 210 litres in a month. That is what some people change every week!

Last edited by JadeIceGreen; 30-07-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 30-07-2010, 12:37 AM   #143
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
No choice, only 15 litres of water. Actually I followed what ADA said for tanks of my size in NA book 2, and they change up to 90% daily! After doing it for a while, I can see why, my Corydoras health is fantastic. I am waiting for my cardinals to be healthier as they get used to their new environment. I guess for a tank with this amount of water, daily water changes is the only way to upkeep good water quality, even with good filtration.

Show a picture of your tank! Or maybe I could not find the thread, link me? I love rummy nose, best schooling fauna, I will get them when I have a longer and bigger tank.
It's quite okay, about 7 litres a day is 210 litres in a month. That is what some people change every week!
yeaps regular WC done properly is good for fishes and you see the improvement in their health! (: just that for large tanks its hard to do so.. ):
my tank ah.. i will try to get a pic of it soon.but dun expect too much ah,just a really simple n boring tank.. hehehe
Old 31-07-2010, 11:09 AM   #144
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Man View Post
yeaps regular WC done properly is good for fishes and you see the improvement in their health! (: just that for large tanks its hard to do so.. ):
my tank ah.. i will try to get a pic of it soon.but dun expect too much ah,just a really simple n boring tank.. hehehe
Simple tanks always means less complications? So I think that is a good thing. Water change for big tanks are always hard on the wallet.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #145
nononame

Very nice setup.. are those star moss in the middle? how long hav you kept them submersed.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #146
JadeIceGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononame View Post
Very nice setup.. are those star moss in the middle? how long hav you kept them submersed.
Sharp eyes. That is star moss. I have had it since my cardinals, about a week plus now. It has been submerged in my tank ever since. It is starting to be my favourite type of moss because of the bright green colour and its grass like quality. It does not get stringy like the other mosses. My rescape ideas are abound with them.

Thank you for your compliment.

Last edited by JadeIceGreen; 03-08-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #147
JadeIceGreen

I bought a new table yesterday and I have to shift my tank to it. Here are some shots of my tank being moved.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:13 AM   #148
JadeIceGreen

Just a quick update.

After the addition of more moss with the cardinals, my algae is slowly but surely dying. I never thought that I would ever say that I am happy to see plants turn yellow and die. The moss is slowly taking over and its cool to see them establish themselves.

I may be getting a new camera next week thanks to my company.. so, I will get everyone new and better pictures soon!
Old 12-08-2010, 12:08 AM   #149
nononame

Quote:
Just a quick update.

After the addition of more moss with the cardinals, my algae is slowly but surely dying. I never thought that I would ever say that I am happy to see plants turn yellow and die. The moss is slowly taking over and its cool to see them establish themselves.

I may be getting a new camera next week thanks to my company.. so, I will get everyone new and better pictures soon!
Waiting for your new pics, & the update for the star moss as well.
Old 13-08-2010, 12:55 PM   #150
Young Man
Senior Dragon

hi bro sorry for the long wait.
here's a pic of my simple tank (:

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/sh...=431036&page=2

post number 15 (: