Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #861
zonkkie
Dragon

supermod not mastermind meh! no shipment lands in Singapore without his knowledge leh.
Old 07-02-2015, 01:22 AM   #862
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkkie View Post

Haha... Ok. See u there then. Picking up stuff too. Need tips on how to strip.

Didn't see u there today
Old 07-02-2015, 05:03 AM   #863
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
supermod not mastermind meh! no shipment lands in Singapore without his knowledge leh.
hahahaha yes no shipment can land without his knowledge. but never jio him he shy to go see see la
Old 08-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #864
polarpuffs
Arofanatic

Congrats bro! Looks like its gonna be a huge brood. If ur gonna strip the fries then i suggest Day 16. I did so on my pair. That is when the fries still have some egg sac and yet are close to free swimming.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:59 PM   #865
zonkkie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarpuffs View Post
Congrats bro! Looks like its gonna be a huge brood. If ur gonna strip the fries then i suggest Day 16. I did so on my pair. That is when the fries still have some egg sac and yet are close to free swimming.
Thanks bro for your advice man... see how it goes. I didn't catch it but the fries moved to the dad yesterday. Should be stripping him this weekend if it all goes well... like quite a big brood... his mouth cannot close properly leh.

Old 10-02-2015, 12:11 AM   #866
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Thanks bro for your advice man... see how it goes. I didn't catch it but the fries moved to the dad yesterday. Should be stripping him this weekend if it all goes well... like quite a big brood... his mouth cannot close properly leh.

Nice, good luck on that
Old 10-02-2015, 01:40 AM   #867
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Y not try tumbling the fries? if u need one can lend u
Old 10-02-2015, 09:07 AM   #868
johannes

I think if the fish is holding well, we should let them hold longer before stripping.
Stripping at a later date will ensure higher or even 100% survival rate as per PP's and personal experience.

Last edited by johannes; 10-02-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 11:39 AM   #869
foreverfrontosa
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by johannes View Post
I think if the fish is holding well, we should let them hold longer before stripping.
Stripping at a later date will ensure higher or even 100% survival rate as per PP's and personal experience.
Advantage of tumbling won't let the female starve and will go into spawning the next round at a quicker rate, and you'll get to see the fries grow day by day if it is handle properly and provided a good tumbler.

If fish is holding well like you've mentioned, Yes. If not there's a tendency that fishes that doesn't hold well accidentally swallows eggs while holding resulting in lesser fries in the end. Example, if there are quite a number of eggs snatchers like altos in there it's a safer bet for tumbling as per personal experience.

End of the day it is also up to personal preference of how you want the process to be for our observation of fishes and experience.
Old 10-02-2015, 12:04 PM   #870
zonkkie
Dragon

Thanks Shifus!

I think in this case, its biparental brooding - the female released after 8 days so now the male is holding. Also its the pair's first brood - so will try to let them hold a bit more and strip on Saturday. If the male doesn't hold then next brood (if any) will go into the tumbler!
Closed Thread