Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 19-10-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
DeathOPS

Default Crabs

I would like to ask, is it possible to mix crabs e.g. mandarin, vampire, red apple crabs together or is it best to keep them by species??
Old 19-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #2
_kai_
Dragon

I think mandarin crab and vampires can go together?? Not sure but i think is best to keep species alone. Red apple crabs can grow to quite a big size so i dnt think is recommended. Not very sure must wait for other bros to comment . Btw, do u have any mandarin crabs? If u do have can u pm me where u bought them from? Thanks a lot
_kai_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2010, 11:33 PM   #3
leezhengxi

I have kept vampire crabs and mandarin crabs before , but must remember to give them plenty of hiding space ,
leezhengxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2010, 10:11 AM   #4
DeathOPS

Thanks for replying

-kai oh no i dun have any crabs yet, just laying out my plans to see what can be kept together so at least i noe how many i want to get and how to set up my tank..

-leezhengxi oh wao, is a 2 ft tank big enough? if i were to keep 2 of each or maybe more? do they like fight each other? and does ur tank stinks? sorry if i ask too many questions, just wanna noe more before i start raring them..
Old 20-10-2010, 10:44 AM   #5
leezhengxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOPS View Post
-leezhengxi oh wao, is a 2 ft tank big enough? if i were to keep 2 of each or maybe more? do they like fight each other? and does ur tank stinks? sorry if i ask too many questions, just wanna noe more before i start raring them..
I keep about 20 mandarin crabs and 30 vampire crabs all in a 2 ft tank... haha , that was last time , now never keep already .
Old 20-10-2010, 11:21 AM   #6
DeathOPS

Wa so much??? and they all nv fight or over crowded?? does it stinks and must u wash the soil/substrate?
Old 20-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #7
leezhengxi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOPS View Post
Wa so much??? and they all nv fight or over crowded?? does it stinks and must u wash the soil/substrate?
depends how you feed ... i feed mine with meal worms and frozen bloodworms , put in into a small platform for the crabs to eat , and easy to clear as well .
Old 20-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
DeathOPS

ohh alright thanks man
Old 20-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
DeathOPS

oh sorry a few more questions, what kind of temperature would be best for them and the ph of the water? 1/3 water 2/3 land is ok right?