Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 29-05-2018, 01:52 PM   #1
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool FC Thread #156 :- We Are Liverpool

Liverpool history since 1892.
Liverpool FC having won 18 league titles and 5 European Cups.
The club was formed on March 15 1892 and plays home games at Anfield.
18 League Titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 3 European Super Cups, 15 Charity Shields, 3 FA Youth Cup.

We are known as Liverpool, The Reds, The Red Army, The Kops or Kopites.
NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Reds agree deal to sign Fabinho

Liverpool Football Club can confirm a deal has been agreed for the transfer of Fabinho from AS Monaco.

The Brazil midfielder will formally seal a switch to the Reds on July 1 after successfully completing a medical and finalising terms on a long-term contract at Melwood.

Fabinho told Liverpoolfc.com: “I am really excited about this move.

“This is something that I always wanted – this is a giant of a team. The infrastructures of the club look exceptional.

“A football club of this size coming after my services, I didn’t have to think that much about coming over.

“I will try to create my own history at this football club. Hopefully, on a personal level, I’m able to win titles with this club.

“I will try to grow and learn and improve myself, and to be part of the club’s history.”

Fabinho, who has four caps for his country, becomes the club’s first signing of the summer transfer window.

The 24-year-old will arrive from Monaco, where he made 225 appearances and scored 29 goals in five seasons with the French club.
Old 29-05-2018, 02:00 PM   #3
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default In profile: Fabinho's journey to Liverpool FC

Fabinho today became Liverpool's first signing of the summer after a deal was agreed for the midfielder to join from AS Monaco on July 1.

Full name Fabio Henrique Tavares, the Brazilian, who can also play in defence, arrives at Anfield with a wealth of experience at the highest level of French football – including a title winner’s medal – and in the Champions League.

A tall, athletic figure in the centre of the pitch, the 24-year-old’s agility and decision-making allows him to steal possession from the opposition and launch counter-attacks for his team.

He is comfortable when breaking forward with the ball himself, too, and contributed 26 goals during the past three seasons with Ligue 1 side Monaco.

Fabinho was born on October 23, 1993 in Campinas, close to the south-east coast of Brazil, and began his football career with Paulinia FC in nearby Sao Paulo before joining Fluminense.

But, like many of his compatriots, he quickly made the move to Europe. Portuguese club Rio Ave won his signature in 2012, but it was with Real Madrid where the young man would spend his first campaign away from home.

Loaned to the Spanish giants for the duration of 2012-13, he appeared 30 times for their B team and rounded off the season with a senior appearance and assist in La Liga as a substitute against Malaga at the Santiago Bernabeu.

His next destination was France and it was with an emerging Monaco side, initially with two year-long loans, that Fabinho’s development escalated and his experience swelled.

The No.2 quickly became a mainstay of the team, making 131 appearances across his first three seasons, as they challenged Paris Saint-Germain’s domestic dominance – and that objective was achieved in stunning fashion in 2016-17.

Fabinho played 35 games and scored eight times in Monaco’s surge to the summit of Ligue 1, eight points clear of PSG and having smashed the 100-goal barrier.

It was in the same season that the French club set off on a Champions League adventure.

After starting in the third qualifying round, they eased through the group stage and eliminated Manchester City and Borussia Dortmund in the knockout rounds before falling short against Juventus in the semi-finals. Fabinho featured in all but two games along the way.

And the Brazilian, who has also been capped on four occasions by his country, continued his form into the recently-completed campaign to such a degree that Jürgen Klopp has swooped to bring him to Liverpool.
Old 29-05-2018, 02:03 PM   #4
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Klopp: Why I'm so excited about Fabinho signing

Fabinho's combination of character and ability make Jürgen Klopp delighted with Liverpool's agreement to sign the midfielder from AS Monaco.

The 24-year-old will join the Reds on July 1 after 225 appearances and 29 goals for the French club, with whom he won the Ligue 1 title in 2016-17.

Klopp believes the Brazilian not only raises the quality of the squad at his disposal even further but brings a mentality perfectly suited to the current dressing room.

“We have signed a fantastic player, but someone who is an equally fantastic person I think,” the manager explained to Liverpoolfc.com.

“His reputation as a character in the dressing room and his attitude in training has come through from everyone we speak to.

“He has a lovely family also - adding a person like this to our dressing room only makes us even stronger. What we have - in terms of our environment at Melwood and in the team - means anyone coming in must be of that build. They must be the highest quality person and player.

“He has ability and mentality to play at the highest level in a number of positions. He can play ‘6’, ‘8’ and ‘2’. This is cool.

“He is tactically very strong and football smart. I think he improves our squad and there aren’t that many players you can say that about in this moment, because the quality we have already is so high.

“I like that he is young yet experienced also, with a high number of games at a club that compete to win. Also, international caps for Brazil tells you something about him.

“This signing gives us new opportunities and for that I am excited. I’m sure our supporters will make him very welcome and at home at our wonderful club and in our amazing city.”
Old 29-05-2018, 02:13 PM   #5
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Liverpool CONFIRM £40m deal for Brazil midfielder Fabinho

Liverpool have made Fabinho their first signing of the summer – with the Brazilian midfielder revealing he didn't take long before deciding to join an “exceptional” club.

Fabinho, also a target for Manchester United, will officially become a Reds player on July 1 after a deal was agreed with Monaco for his services.

The Reds will pay 45m euros (£39.3m) up front with a maximum 5m (£4.4m) in bonuses for the 24-year-old, who has passed a medical and agreed personal terms on a long-term contract.

And Fabinho said: “I am really excited about this move. This is something that I always wanted – this is a giant of a team. The infrastructures of the club look exceptional.

“A football club of this size coming after my services, I didn’t have to think that much about coming over.

Jurgen Klopp wasted no time in bringing in the Brazil international to replace the departing Emre Can, who is expected to imminently join Juventus on a free transfer.

Fabinho stats for Monaco - 2017/18

45 Appearances

8 Goals

5 Assists

13 Yellow cards

Reds boss Klopp made rebuilding his midfield a priority this summer with Naby Keita already on his way with a deal having been agreed last year with RB Leipzig.

And now Fabinho, who has been on Liverpool's radar since last year, will fill the defensive midfield role vacated by Can.

Fabinho has been courted by several leading clubs including Paris Saint-Germain, Juventus, Atletico Madrid and Manchester United.

He began his career with Fluminense in Brazil, before moving to Rio Ave in Portugal. He later spent time on loan at Real Madrid as a teenager but featured in the first team for only 14 minutes.

The midfielder, who scored 31 goals in 230 games for Monaco, was part of the side that beat Manchester City on the way to reaching the Champions League semi-final in 2017.

Fabinho has four caps for Brazil but hasn't played for the national team since 2016 and hasn't been named in their 23-man squad for the World Cup.

Liverpool wasted no time in completing the deal and are determined to complete as much business as they can before the World Cup begins in less than three weeks.

They continue to pursue Lyon attacking midfielder Nabil Fekir with talks expected to take place between the clubs this week.

Klopp is also seeking a new goalkeeper to challenge Loris Karius for the number one role between the sticks.
Old 29-05-2018, 02:18 PM   #6
NI KI
Arofanatic

Liverpool’s new midfield duo