Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 07:43 PM   #31
PrinceCharming

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaine View Post
you seemed you to have lots of time going to LFS. Do update any new findings or food for crays.

even a full 300ml bottle was pushed over, I think a brick should be better...haha
HAHAHAHA ya...i do have alot of them for LFS...went y934 yesterday and saw nothing...went c328 today saw few lower grade zebra and 1 female blue moon (quite nice n blue except for 1 missing leg) at the 1st shop

at the 2nd shop...there are 4 blue moons...3 male 1 female..1 big male and 2 small male...all at $12 each...abt 3-5 apricot...quite healthy looking and also a couple of higher grade zebra as of earlier post...4 snow white clarkii

lets nt mention common red n common blue...they are always available in both shops

Old 03-03-2008, 07:44 PM   #32
PrinceCharming

bought 2 stalks of hydrillas for my tetras hehe and 1 slab of bloodworm to try

Old 03-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #33
ameyaiba

Stress won't induce crayfish to moult right?? Anyone know about that?

Cause I bought 2 crayfish like 5 days ago and kept it in a 2 ft almost bare tank, feed it for 2 days, leave it in office for 2 days unfeed, then today dump in new sand which is partially cloudy (Due to unsettled sand) with ~10 ghost shrimp, then suddenly both of them moult! Which is rather surprising as both of them should be under alot of stress

Old 03-03-2008, 11:47 PM   #34
xaine
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ameyaiba View Post
Stress won't induce crayfish to moult right?? Anyone know about that?

Cause I bought 2 crayfish like 5 days ago and kept it in a 2 ft almost bare tank, feed it for 2 days, leave it in office for 2 days unfeed, then today dump in new sand which is partially cloudy (Due to unsettled sand) with ~10 ghost shrimp, then suddenly both of them moult! Which is rather surprising as both of them should be under alot of stress
Not that I know of that.
But maybe they were about to moult just about the time you added sand.
Well, sometimes they are growing and need more room to grow...
Old 03-03-2008, 11:54 PM   #35
ameyaiba

Haha.... probably... I almost thought one of them died when it turn upside down.... then i quickly took it out in clean water... then noticed a part of the shell came off... tt's when i realised its moulting.

Then 2 hour after the first one moult... the second moult in the tank and the stupid prawns are all poking my crayfish!!! then quickly isolate it for the night and went home...

It quite sad even my feeder shrimps are bullying my crayfish =(

Old 04-03-2008, 11:17 AM   #36
xaine
Dragon

Quote:
Haha.... probably... I almost thought one of them died when it turn upside down.... then i quickly took it out in clean water... then noticed a part of the shell came off... tt's when i realised its moulting.

Then 2 hour after the first one moult... the second moult in the tank and the stupid prawns are all poking my crayfish!!! then quickly isolate it for the night and went home...

haha...the shrimps must have thought "oh dead meat....nice meal"
Glad that it has moulted and now grown in size. have fun keeping crays, it's a joy to see them crawling around.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #37
PrinceCharming

Quote:
Not that I know of that.
But maybe they were about to moult just about the time you added sand.
Well, sometimes they are growing and need more room to grow...
they prefer to have something like sand/gravel to step on...rather bare glass tank btm..they feel more comfortable with gravel

maybe this induce them to moult as sand may be part of their natural habitat?

Old 04-03-2008, 10:23 PM   #38
PrinceCharming

Quote:

haha....they will know when ur crayfish is hardened !!

Old 04-03-2008, 10:25 PM   #39
PrinceCharming

Quote:
haha...the shrimps must have thought "oh dead meat....nice meal"
Glad that it has moulted and now grown in size. have fun keeping crays, it's a joy to see them crawling around.
haha...see who's the dead meat later on haha..good luck bro and welcome to crayfish rearing !!

Old 04-03-2008, 11:06 PM   #40
ameyaiba

Anyway, spotted a white crayfish in a small container in serangoon fishshop/petshop area. In one of those ulu looking fishshop... If anyone interested can take a look... and prepare to fork out a sum of money =D

Closed Thread