Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > AroReefers

Old 21-04-2012, 11:09 AM   #41
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanleow View Post
i.suggest that during your cycling period, dont put the cover on to provide moressurface area for gaseous exchange for efficient nitrification.
Thanks will takw note of that.
Aces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #42
ethanleow
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
I may add a fan specially for the IQ5. Chiller for such a small tank O_O; hopefully don't need..

don't intend to add fish so soon since i'm skeptical about my water.. may go and grab some live sand and live rock to do cycling.. don't wann kill any fish.. But i'm likely just gonna throw in 3 small fish.. etc 1 clownfish and 2 yellow tail blue damsel.. but was thinking whether it's still considered overstock.. if so maybe i'll just keep 1 fish =p. The purpose is to try out saltwater fish.. hope everything worked out well
If there are no fussy corals or fish. why need a chiller?? as long as temperature is kept below 30degC.. everything will be good. unless your room got morning sun / sun set issues.
ethanleow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 01:41 PM   #43
Aces
Arofanatic

Bro i'm outside the shop but it's close leh.. Omg don know to wait or go home.. Don know is it their lunch time
Old 21-04-2012, 02:02 PM   #44
ethanleow
Dragon

call them.. normally if shop is close it will link to their hp 62563092
ethanleow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2012, 02:13 PM   #45
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanleow View Post
call them.. normally if shop is close it will link to their hp 62563092
Thx the auntie said traffic jam.. This place quite hard to find.. Didn't know it actually down the slope.. Quite a number of ppl outside waiting.. Was surprised it an old shop from the look from outside..
Old 21-04-2012, 06:27 PM   #46
Aces
Arofanatic

I'm back went into the shop and was quite impressed how big the shop is.. Added in normal sand and live rock.. hopefully it will start the cycling. Anyway anyone using IQ5? the flow like not so good.. when i ask the aquarium shop to suggest better pump she told me if the pump too strong will result in having water overlow.. I'm quite worry if the flow is enough to generate oxygen. I bought the dymax cover and themometer. Current the temperature is around 28.4C so hopefully no fan is needed.
Old 21-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #47
sweetlips200278

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
[IMG]I'm quite worry if the flow is enough to generate oxygen. I bought the dymax cover and themometer. Current the temperature is around 28.4C so hopefully no fan is needed.
Suggestion: Hook up a dymax nano protein skimmer, air-pump driven. Provide with skimmer feature at the same time dissoving air in water by air stone. 1 stone kill 2 birds?

Temp b4 cover? Is there a need to cover?
Old 21-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #48
Aces
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlips200278 View Post
Suggestion: Hook up a dymax nano protein skimmer, air-pump driven. Provide with skimmer feature at the same time dissoving air in water by air stone. 1 stone kill 2 birds?

Temp b4 cover? Is there a need to cover?
yup before cover. around 28.5c. I'm thinking of the skimmer. Maybe I'll go grab it soon. Currently hooking on to my tank are just the low powered filter, the led light and the battery powered themometer. I didn't see anything living inside the live rock though..

Was thinking after cycling is done can I intro the following.
1. Ocellaris Clownfish x 1 or 2 (Are they require to school or can put in just 1 or 2)
2. A goby (Don't know how to feed them though since i think they are bottom dwellers)
3. A fire shrimp (Are they suitable for nano this small?) look damn attractive =p
4. Is there any hardy coral to keep? (I'm think of upgrading my light to suit keeping 1 or 2 live specimen)
Old 21-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #49
Aces
Arofanatic

forgot to ask, is a wavemaker too much for such a small tank or will it overflow? since the extremely low water movement kept me worried..
Old 21-04-2012, 08:48 PM   #50
allim
Arofanatic

It will be difficult to find a suitable wavemaker for such a small tank. You can try using a small powerhead instead.
allim is offline   Reply With Quote