Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 01-06-2005, 02:20 AM   #1
Wild Ginger
Dragon

Default One footer series.

Now previously i had the 2 footer series and they're thriving well, so now comes the one footer series which i personally have a liking for the tanks. They're basically the one footers as in width and breadth but height wise, it's at 17.5 inches. Some say it's a difficult stats to work with, but i guess nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Well here goes, it's a very basic setup consisting of only driftwood and black quartz along with twigs as accents. One thing i had to work with rather than against it was the height. Something had to be in there to give a perspective as well as to flaunt the height of the tank, so in the end i opted to have two twigs intertwining to give the depth as well as add that bit of "realism" into the tank.

Flora in this tank covers from e.quad to taiwan moss draped onto the twigs to narrow leaved java ferns. Also long hairgrass variant was added in to give that finer detailed look. As this tank is relatively new, it's basically scaped to let it mature slowly and slowly having it developed gracefully over time. In time to come, there'll be pebbles of java moss sunk into the gravel to adorn the foreground.

As for fauna, the sole betta is just to help cycle the tank slowly but in the future, i hope to get my hands on some wild exotic rasboras or danios or even hatchets.

Below are the two pictures of the setup. By the way, this has no filtration at all.

Regards,
Phillip.
Wild Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote