Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 18-08-2004, 11:25 AM   #31
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt
fong can also tahan 5 you also 5 me also 5........where got so many......so many mean very common liao leh, so common don't buy liao lor
nvm lar, golden head very common nvm, as long as i like , and common price
Old 18-08-2004, 11:26 AM   #32
fong
Dragon

Have... very common one. All at Vic's place. Guess he grab all liao so now very uncommom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamt
fong can also tahan 5 you also 5 me also 5........where got so many......so many mean very common liao leh, so common don't buy liao lor
Old 18-08-2004, 11:27 AM   #33
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fong
Crossing not important lah. Got shape, shine, and colour can liao..kekkeer. But your one crossed liao... so cannot fit into my criteria.
where got cross , few specks also considered ar, got one expert uncle say its a RTG
Old 18-08-2004, 11:30 AM   #34
fong
Dragon

One word of advise... it is not how you like the fish to be that determines its value... it is how the buyers view it that does. No one will buy a cross backs with high price if it does not crosses fully. If it doesn't even touches the sixth level, even with nice shine and intensity, its like a rtg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRTG
i won't want a xb that is "pale" but cross. then just look like RTG leh. one must be able to diffrencate a xb from an rtg at one glance. and the only way to do so is to have better shine intensity and deeper gold color. and usually deeper gold tone will only come when they grow older.
Old 18-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #35
fong
Dragon

Your expert who ah ?

Got shine and intensity can liao. Crossing to be me not important lah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
where got cross , few specks also considered ar, got one expert uncle say its a RTG
Old 18-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #36
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
One word of advise... it is not how you like the fish to be that determines its value... it is how the buyers view it that does. No one will buy a cross backs with high price if it does not crosses fully. If it doesn't even touches the sixth level, even with nice shine and intensity, its like a rtg.

eh....... you determine the price of the fish by the crossing when buying. i determine the price by the shine intensity when buying. so you're rite. people determine the price....but not all determine the price by the crossing.
Old 18-08-2004, 11:40 AM   #37
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Your expert who ah ?

Got shine and intensity can liao. Crossing to be me not important lah.
huh ? cannot answer so openly one .. but he's a big buyer lar
Old 18-08-2004, 11:48 AM   #38
fong
Dragon

The bottomline is that " A good cross back must cross fully". Look at all the past aquarama competitions, good shine and colours ones without crossing never win before. This is a fact whether you like it or not.

Regards

Quote:
eh....... you determine the price of the fish by the crossing when buying. i determine the price by the shine intensity when buying. so you're rite. people determine the price....but not all determine the price by the crossing.
Old 18-08-2004, 12:10 PM   #39
XRTG
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
The bottomline is that " A good cross back must cross fully". Look at all the pass aquarama competitions, good shine and colours ones without crossing never win before. This is a fact whether you like it or not.

Regards
gold tone crossing is one of the citeria for good xback during competition. but neither do i see a fully cross pale xback winning the competition leh. so your views on crossing is "THE" main citeria for price determination when buying does not hold too.

when buying young xback......less out those top notch ones........you simply can't determine if it will cross or not. the only thing you can see is its shape, shine level and base color. price of xback is determine by the shine level when young but you can never tell accurately if it will crosses when it grows older. the same thing applies to the gold tone intensity. like vic said gold tone only comes when they grow older.

so again the price is determine largely on shine and base color level development and not by gold tone crossing at the 6th level. your views on crossing applies to xb which have growin into adult stages of its life. this one my opinion lah hor.
Old 18-08-2004, 12:15 PM   #40
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
gold tone crossing is one of the citeria for good xback during competition. but neither do i see a fully cross pale xback winning the competition leh. so your views on crossing is "THE" main citeria for price determination when buying does not hold too.

when buying young xback......less out those top notch ones........you simply can't determine if it will cross or not. the only thing you can see is its shape, shine level and base color. price of xback is determine by the shine level when young but you can never tell accurately if it will crosses when it grows older. the same thing applies to the gold tone intensity. like vic said gold tone only comes when they grow older.

so again the price is determine largely on shine and base color level development and not by gold tone crossing at the 6th level. your views on crossing applies to xb which have growin into adult stages of its life. this one my opinion lah hor.
actually even those so called top notch ones u can't really determine whether it will cross or not ..5th level at 8" can remain 5th level at 18" ... but if a XBack dun cross, it is not a good xback