Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 29-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
ethanleow
Dragon

Default Microbe-Lift Special Blend

Microbe-lift Special Blend for cycling. Anyone tried it before? I know there are a few threads on this product but still does not have enough reviews. hope bros who've used this can share their experience and effectiveness of this product.
ethanleow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #2
illumnae
Dragon

I've used Nite-Out II for cycling and it works well. Put in daily and fish could do well from day 1. I used it to instantly cycle a QT tank that I needed to prepare urgently for sick fish.

Special Blend is more of a sludge remover, though it also contains nitrifying bacteria. It will still cycle your tank but at a slower rate.
illumnae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
ethanleow
Dragon

I'd just dose my 1st dose of special blend, it stinks like hell. Given the right condition with enough for bb to feed on, will commercial bb multiply as well?
Old 29-02-2012, 10:52 PM   #4
ethanleow
Dragon

i'm doing fishless cycling now and i've added ammonia into the tank. ammonia level at 5ppm now, but due to slightly time constraint, i need to speed up abit. went around all lfs in serangoon north ave 1, all they have is sludge remover bb. all their fritz zyme 7 were expired. bacterlife and cycle and stress zyme were all sludge remover. one of the lfs guy recommended me special blend and he mention it does contain nitrifying bacterial. so no choice, i had to try it.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
BarraCuda™
SiaoGu Gives You Wings

You should use nite-out II instead of special blend. Special blend is more for breaking down organics and denitrification.
BarraCuda™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
jest1081
Dragon

nite out II is the one that contains , Nitrosomonas, Nitrospira and Nitrobacter which are essential for nitrification.
jest1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #7
Framejumb0

Once the NitrIte start to register, don't topup Ammonia up to 5ppm. It will effect the growth of Nitrospira bb, that convert NO2 to NO3. So topup only up to 2ppm.