Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 16-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #11
silane
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah_ZhaN
in terms of it's performance(i.e. bringing down temperature), what's the rating ?

Hard to compare, phase change chiller are rated in house power, peltier based are not, a rough guide of the cooling power it has is about 50% of the electrical power it take.

Known that someone in this forum has bought one of the model of the Resun mini chiller, let see he has inputs.
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #12
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane
Sound issue? Peilter is silence, unless noise is from the heatsink cooling fan.
That I'm honestly not too sure. My friend had one and sold it off soon after cause he complained it was pretty noisy.

But do anyone else also have it and give a review on the chiller?
Old 16-02-2006, 11:12 PM   #13
xtrekker

Forget about putting it in a cabinent. The heatsink in the design would be heated up in no time and shutting down the system.For this system to work and as well as other exchangers , its best place in a well ventilated place.

cheers
xtrekker

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_r0ck
I heard that, unless you have a small tank and a cabinent to put the chiller in, you may not want it.

I wanted to get one earlier but was told off by my peers of it's inefficiency and sound issue.
Old 17-02-2006, 10:35 AM   #14
Flyx
Arofanatic

So how much is this chiller?
Flyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 08:33 PM   #15
Royston
Dragon

Can post the price here? Anyway it is slightly below $200. Bros who wish to know pm me I'll check it out for U on Mon(coz working near there).
Royston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2006, 09:02 PM   #16
marle

went to NA today, the price there is very near $200.
Old 20-02-2006, 05:44 PM   #17
ianlim

Hi All,

I am using a unit since 3 weeks ago, water in my tank is about 45l and and I set my temp to 27degree, as my water temp. is between 25.5 - 27degree the unit does not need to bring down the temp, initially I tried going down to 25degree but because of the vol. of water it is unable to hold that temp. for long and once it hit the max. temp set it will power up and try to chill the water, but once it started it actually heat up the water as the water vol. is too much and the heat generated is not able to dissipate into the surrounding fast enought.

what I like about this unit is the compact size and it is silent when in operation for my 2ft. setup at 25 - 26.5degree. will post a pic when I am free later this week.
Old 20-02-2006, 07:34 PM   #18
silane
Senior Dragon

Hi Ian,

For your current setting, 2ft at 25 to 26.5C, how often is your chiller running?
silane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2006, 10:24 PM   #19
ianlim

Quote:
Originally Posted by silane
Hi Ian,

For your current setting, 2ft at 25 to 26.5C, how often is your chiller running?
hi Silane,

the a/c power is on 24hrs, so should be on refigeration?? 24hrs rather than chilling every 10-20 min./hr for a normal chiller.
Old 20-02-2006, 11:44 PM   #20
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlim
hi Silane,

the a/c power is on 24hrs, so should be on refigeration?? 24hrs rather than chilling every 10-20 min./hr for a normal chiller.
Oh, I thought chillers work like our fridge at home? You on it 24 hours a day but it kicks in only once in a while.

Like you set at 25 degrees, the chiller brings it down to a little below 25 and then stop running. then when the temperature goes to around 26 then your chiller will kick in and start to chill the water again, no?

This one is different ah?

Sorry ah, I noob at chillers onez.