Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Catfish Forum > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 26-05-2008, 07:03 PM   #121
pinkfloyd777

tankshot... but floating plant no more, can't survive long

pacman fav spot after meal is in the centre in 'cave'

Last edited by pinkfloyd777; 26-05-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: add text
Old 26-05-2008, 07:15 PM   #122
jebus
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfloyd777 View Post
bros, i wanna ask one thing whether anyone knows. why dis guy likes to do the 'boogie' shaking its body till all debris fly. He likes to do this after meals most of the times. I can hear the rattling of the pebbles even when I sit across the living room. Is it he wants to create a depression so he can go underneath the pebbles. if this is the reason poor guy he never succeeded since the pebbles a little too big and heavy for him. I think I made a mistake placing too big pebbles for him. Thinking of changing the pebbles to smaller ones to let him 'disappear' anytime he wants but it'll be a big job......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrick View Post
i suggest sand instead of pebbles..
agreed

its better to keep the pebbles away
if maintanence is a problem
then pebbles do also trap dirt

my setup i hardly vacuum( in fact i nv change water just top up)

but i keep only the pacman there with a small family of platy to eat up any mossies that lay eggs
so far so good
been abt 1 mnth since i shifted my guy back
and i just measured and he is a good 5.5inch(slightly more than 140mm)
considering i bought him at 55mm
pure ANS pellet for 1 mnth
prior to that it was a short time on tubifex
then hikari sinking GF pellet
jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 09:41 PM   #123
Jarrick
Dragon

Quote:
woah sand is much more preferred by pacman sure but difficult to clean lah bro. if pebbles at least can suck the debris up. tks jarrick. will think about it. mistake already lah, my water start to stabilise now but here i'm thinking of changing the base...wrong timing. probably i just let it be for the time being.
fyi, i had never bother suck out the debris from the sand while doing water change.. because the filter is doing the job the sand have been left untouch for years
Jarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #124
pinkfloyd777

hi jarrick, actually it's true... once your tank is fully mature and established no need worry so much no more on the substrates and the debris and dirts accumulating as naturally it will cycle itself and so the debris and dirts can become natural good micro-organism for the tank too, just like planted tank. But i don't have experience in planted tank somemore i'm using only simple ohf. thus no confidence in using sand. i tried very fine river sand once in my mini 1 foot tank before but dat was just a trial. btw can i know wat filtration ur using and wat is ur tank size where u pacman is living ? tks
Old 27-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #125
pinkfloyd777

hi jebus, i see ur pacman is on a bed of small small gravels. so do u notice dat ur pacman wen feeding will suck in the pebbles too and later throw it back? and can i know wats ur tanksize and filtration system ?
Old 27-05-2008, 03:13 PM   #126
pinkfloyd777

hi all, i need some opinions..... can i comm my pacman with an asian bumblebee cat? same size 5 to 6" and planetcatfish.com says it reach it's max size. they're both cats so must be territorial but pacman in first so bumblebee has to adapt. or u tink i'm nuts no problem wanna find problem. itchy liao wanna comm....

http://planetcatfish.com/catelog/spe...species_id=708
Old 27-05-2008, 03:59 PM   #127
jebus
Dragon

Quote:
hi jebus, i see ur pacman is on a bed of small small gravels. so do u notice dat ur pacman wen feeding will suck in the pebbles too and later throw it back? and can i know wats ur tanksize and filtration system ?
used to suck in the gravel
but now it just sucks in the ANS pellet that i throw in

size of tank: 2ft
filtration: Hangover filtration

but i am going to change it to a 3ft by 2 ft tank soon once it reaches about eight inch
jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #128
pinkfloyd777

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebus View Post
used to suck in the gravel
but now it just sucks in the ANS pellet that i throw in

size of tank: 2ft
filtration: Hangover filtration

but i am going to change it to a 3ft by 2 ft tank soon once it reaches about eight inch
wah bro, ur pacman reali a sucker for ANS pellet and he will soon enjoy a better life, upgraded to 5 room flat liao lucky fella.....
Old 27-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #129
Jarrick
Dragon

Quote:
btw can i know wat filtration ur using and wat is ur tank size where u pacman is living ? tks
I'm housing them together with 7 discus in a 4x2x2 with ohf
Jarrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2008, 07:51 PM   #130
pinkfloyd777

Quote:
hi all, i need some opinions..... can i comm my pacman with an asian bumblebee cat? same size 5 to 6" and planetcatfish.com says it reach it's max size. they're both cats so must be territorial but pacman in first so bumblebee has to adapt. or u tink i'm nuts no problem wanna find problem. itchy liao wanna comm....

http://planetcatfish.com/catelog/spe...species_id=708
sorry all, no need to answer liao... won't do this. must keep reminding myself no IBS.... just maybe some tiny mid to top swimming fishes... strictly no bottom guys sharing space with pacman