Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Cichlid Experiences > African cichlids

Old 19-02-2015, 05:51 PM   #11
Brichardi
Dragon

Seriously there are actually people selling fries with egg sacs attached? and its front M Blue fries somemore! I really don't understand couple things...
1) Why would that seller even wanna sell that fries with egg sac attached when he could have waited another 1~2 months and sell them at much better prices? If he really sold you...then he is kuku and very irresponsible with no business ethics.
2) Why would you even contemplate to buy fries with egg sacs attached? Aiyoyo....the chances of survival is 50/50 la.

Anyway, just to point out few things IMHO.

1. I still doubt that you've actually bought 2 M.Blue fronts fries. Could you pls take pic of leftover fry and kindly tell us who the seller was and at what price you bought them for? Really this doesn't add up at all.
2. Fries with egg sacs attached...you do NOT need to feed them until you see the egg sacs gone. No doubt at their later stages (even with egg sac attached) they may still try to eat food if u feed them but it's dangerous for them (body not fully developed yet). Start feeding when the egg sacs gone.
3. Fronts fries are HUGE and you do NOT feed powder food to HUGE fries. Try crushing some pellets/flakes, soak them in water few mins and then feed the HUGE fries. Front fries are HUGE and not as sensitive and not as weak as many other tanganyikan fries. They are hardy and take food easily...just like your other mouth brooding Malawi cichlid fries.

P/S: Still unbelievable.
Brichardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 06:25 PM   #12
CCT
Dragon

[img width=640 height=478]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/18/a18d52c5ea637d9357700506e04841cd.jpg[/img]the dead one[img width=640 height=478]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15/02/18/86491cb5403fc780ee9ce9c4e5022631.jpg[/img]this one is small sac

I bought them at $38 each, F1. As it's the first time I got them so abit rush into it, actually want to wait till cny then collect the the seller say he need tank to keep other fish, I think it's mainly my fault due to inexperience. I do not want to say who is the seller in the public unless you want know can pm me. The Fries is actually not 3cm maybe around 1.5 or so.

CCT
CCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 06:28 PM   #13
CCT
Dragon

dead onelast surviver

Now I just hope the other one will be stable then I will be content.

CCT
Old 19-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #14
Young Man
Senior Dragon

seller is totally irresponsible and has no ethics at all.how much tank space can these fries take up and no matter what, they should never have been sold at such a tender stage. they are just trying to CHEAT money quickly.
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 07:56 PM   #15
Young Man
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonkkie View Post
Saw the shop near qh posting mblue fries ready in 3-4 weeks... Hope you didn't badger the boss to sell to you such young fries!
no matter what they also should not sell but rather advise and educate the new hobbyist.
Young Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 08:07 PM   #16
CCT
Dragon

I think so too, will take note for further incident. Lesson learnt

CCT
Old 19-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #17
TaNgS_RuLe
Dragon

That is definitely a frontosa fry, was not aware that there are people breeding mpimbwe blue fronts here. Did you manage to view the parents?

Yes agreed that this is way too young for fry to be sold. Please wait till the egg sack is absorbed, feeding at this stage will also foul the water easily.

Btw that is a very unique looking airstone, anything special about it?
TaNgS_RuLe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 08:57 PM   #18
Gowling
Dragon

Oh with the price I know where you got it cos I was considering buying it too
Gowling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2015, 09:11 PM   #19
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaNgS_RuLe View Post
That is definitely a frontosa fry, was not aware that there are people breeding mpimbwe blue fronts here. Did you manage to view the parents?

Yes agreed that this is way too young for fry to be sold. Please wait till the egg sack is absorbed, feeding at this stage will also foul the water easily.

Btw that is a very unique looking airstone, anything special about it?

I did not manage to see the parent as I rush to get it yesterday, the airstone? It's actually a small bottle of the bao ji wan, I wash it very clean as I can't use air-stone or sponge filter. The seller ask me put a lead to hold the air tube but I scare it may poison the fish so I use that way lo.

CCT
Old 19-02-2015, 09:13 PM   #20
CCT
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowling View Post
Oh with the price I know where you got it cos I was considering buying it too

Lucky for you.

CCT