Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 03-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Default A little sneak preview...

Hey guys! left planted for about a month ago when i torn down my 422 planted tank and guess the poison didn't left me afterall.

A new small tank inside my 422 cabinet compartment! most likely will dismantle the door for better viewing.
Just got everything from seaview...

Tank : 31x31x36cm from curved glass.
Lighting : Aquazonic 6.32w Super Bright LED (15white, 3 blue)
Filtration : Kotobuki Power Box SV MINI (a pretty interesting canister filter hybrid!)
Substrate : 4kg GEX powder soil
Cooling : Dymax w-7 fan
Planned flora : US fissiden, Mini Fissiden, Mini Pelia and Hairgrass.
Planned Fauna : Shrimps.

Its been a long while since i done a 1ft cube or similar sized tank and alot things have changed! will do a journey on this for sure. Do keep a look out!
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
davidw
Dragon

looking fwd to your shrimp set up....
davidw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 12:53 AM   #3
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidw View Post
looking fwd to your shrimp set up....
seems abit quiet here hor.
Thanks anywy!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 AM   #4
vannel

I'm awaiting your updates bro. The filter you chose looks interesting. Please provide a mini review on it too!
Old 05-09-2012, 01:19 AM   #5
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannel View Post
I'm awaiting your updates bro. The filter you chose looks interesting. Please provide a mini review on it too!
Actually, i wasn't expecting the pump is to be placed inside the tank. Everything is in japanese so i cant read it too. Nonetheless i guess i can hide it easily and the canister is pretty interesting.. a review will be done for sure!
Old 05-09-2012, 11:51 PM   #6
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Some updates!

The tank, just a cheap simple 31x31x36cm front curved tank. I usually don't like front curved, but this curved tank looks sexy to me!

Lighting :
i chose the Aquazonic Double Bright G2 LED. it consist of 24 white LEDs and 4 Blue LEDS. Total of 6.72watts, which should be more than enough for my low tech planted. and the design is really sleek and nice! LED is really the trend now!

turning on all whites and blue will give a cool white color, turning on only the blue will give a very nice moon light..

Substrate :
4 kg of GeX powder plant soil. Have been a fan of GEX since it was introduced. love the clear water and love how cheap the price is for powder version.

Filtration :
Now heres the interesting part. I chanced upon this Canister filter and it attracted me mainly due to its price. most of the good canister filter you see of similar size is twice as expensive (e.g. Eden 501) and its a japan brand! making me more attracted to it.

But one negative thing about this filter is that, the pump is situated IN your tank. the canister acts as a pre-filter and the pump will pump water from ur tank through it. it was something i didn't know when i bought this filter as everything was written in japan. Well, i don't have an issue for having a small 300l/hr pump in my tank just that it may raise my tank's temperature by a little.

the Canister is small and cute, perfect for 1ft cube or similar sized tank.

The internal compartment. unlike normal canister, it uses cartridges to hold coarse and fine wool as well as bio-media which all is included.
as you can see, there are still spaces around the filter will can be filled up with bio media.

The catridges, i wont be using the middle one because its mainly fine wool and carbon. the coarse wool is pretty thick and will be able to filter out most debris.

Media will be a Seachem Matrix

Hardscape :

Today went shopping at GC and came home with some wood and graphite rocks. Heres a sneak peek on how the scape may look like.

Will update once i set up this tank tomorrow!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:22 AM   #7
Bigfoot1989
Dragon

Can't wait for ur set up! How much u spent on this set?
Bigfoot1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #8
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot1989 View Post
Can't wait for ur set up! How much u spent on this set?
u mean the whole set up? probably around 3 - 4 blue notes.
Old 06-09-2012, 11:42 PM   #9
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Hey guys, some updates :

Had a change in mind for filter as i was thinking the internal pump could raise my tank's temperature, found no place to hide it and it could suck in baby shrimplets. so end of the day, bought myself a GEX L hang-on filter. able to fill in about half a liter of seachem matrix!

The hardscape

after tying the main woods with us fissiden and mini pelia, its time to flood the tank! check out the almost crystal clear water!

Final scape! us fissiden on mesh in front and Japanese hairgrass at the back. i made quite a deep slope at the back with the support of the stones, end of the day still looks kinda flat.

hidden right inside my cabinet..

Thanks for viewing!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:07 AM   #10
Bigfoot1989
Dragon

I got GEX S size hang-on filter after one week use the filter began to have weird sound. Hope ur won't. U didn't put co2?
Bigfoot1989 is offline   Reply With Quote