Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 23-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #11
Spakase

Or excluded some, just like they exclude car price from the CPI?
Old 23-11-2011, 08:07 PM   #12
Aris
Arofanatic

How many times did we witnessed, saw on TV and read the MSM's, these so-called leaders gives speeches uttering words that makes no sense? Yet after the speech, everyone stood up and gave a standing ovation, and later reflect what he actually said?

Many a time, they speak out some numbers and statistics which are totally different from the reality. Many information were left out, a good example when they were talking about employment and lumping citizens together with PR's when convenient and taking out the PR component when it suits them.

We need more good opposition members to question all anomalies.
Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 12:09 AM   #13
Huaikong
Endangered Dragon

we cant stop them from talking anything or giving out any crap statistics cos oso cannot verify.just dont believe in anything they say will do.......
Huaikong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 09:52 AM   #14
Spakase

This is a problem of one party politics, eventually they own everything including the statistics, and say anything they want.
Old 24-11-2011, 09:55 AM   #15
KAO LUO
Endangered Dragon

Hockkien word say " Wu e kong , bo wa lang kong kong " ha ,,,
KAO LUO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2011, 01:05 PM   #16
AroHong

AFC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
New voters can come from those young ones who just turned 21, but I also think the fig not quite right, seems too little.
If we assume that the birth rate is at 40,000 per year (high side?), 10 years means 400k.
AroHong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2011, 10:27 PM   #17
robetta
Arofanatic

even now when i am in Bedok... im seeing more and more prc... i blur, used to be in aljunied, chinatown and geylang area to see all the ah thiongs... but now, even bedok also alot... very scary.. furthermore, they machiam like gang like that... all walk together....

i think next time singapore will be dominated by all the ah thiongs and the new generation of 黑社会 will derive from them...
robetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #18
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spakase View Post
This is a problem of one party politics, eventually they own everything including the statistics, and say anything they want.
I found it quite funny when URA release data on housing price increase over the last few years (every quarter). Each quarter, there is about 3% increase.

Over the last 2.5yrs (10 quarters), if each quarter saw an average of 3% increase, that is 30% increase overall. But if we look at property prices in the last 2.5yrs, was it really 30%? MBT didn't do his job to ensure affordable housing for the mass is maintained. Good riddance.

Last time they said vehicle growth is at some percentage per year, but we saw vehicle population nearly doubling over the last 10yrs. Raymond Lim was sleeping on his job or what? Good riddance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robetta View Post
even now when i am in Bedok... im seeing more and more prc... i blur, used to be in aljunied, chinatown and geylang area to see all the ah thiongs
Don't you feel, they are like "ANTS"?? Everywhere! And annoying!!
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #19
TWP1219
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Don't you feel, they are like "ANTS"?? Everywhere! And annoying!!
No offence bro. Dun sounds good to label them as "ants". I will feel sianz if they call me "ants" if I work in their country and contribute to their economy.

While I agree that there are a lot more foreigners in our small country these days. But I think it is not entirely their fault. It is the one who make the policies and those who implement the policies. Somehow, I feel that the control measures are not "tight" enough.

2cents.
TWP1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2011, 12:36 PM   #20
therat
Arofanatic

MOM should re-look into their certification.

How many are using their "OWN" certification to come in to work or apply as PR and citizen.

If they really did that, they will realize how many "BUY" certification.
therat is offline   Reply With Quote