Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management

Old 04-04-2010, 12:34 AM   #11
menthol28
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deds View Post
imo, if the glass still good ie. no scratches etc i think you can ask tankmaker to take it apart, clean it then resilicone it. better spend your on money on something else
very hard to find tank makers to do this kinda 'dirty" jobs, imo even if they would accept the job the quote would be quite close to paying for a new tank.
menthol28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:51 AM   #12
snowhusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by beo View Post
How come flood? You didnt use your tank for some time?

Can share who was your tank maker?

Anyway new tank is a must.
The whole tank was fill with water, tat y flood... I hav this tank almost 5 years liao... All my fishes now are having their holiday in a FGT at my frend place... The tank marker was located at Upper Thomson Rd, I cant remember the name of the shop but there is onli 1 tank maker there. It is located at the side near to the famous Ampang Yong Tau Foo...
Old 04-04-2010, 01:59 AM   #13
luvwenz

5 years is quite old for a tank if the silicon used was not up to par.. u might wish to buy a new tank.. resilicon ur old one and make it into a sump tank? haha..
just my suggestion thou.. =)
Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 AM   #14
snowhusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvwenz View Post
the tank u bought no more warranty arh? i had this problem once, my sump tank leaked and my whole house flood i know how u feel.. =)
better to get a new tank...
I tink no more warranty liao but usually how long is the warranty? If i'm not wrong, it must b start frm slow leaking b4 the whole thing give way... The feeling was like......
Old 04-04-2010, 02:11 AM   #15
snowhusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by menthol28 View Post
very hard to find tank makers to do this kinda 'dirty" jobs, imo even if they would accept the job the quote would be quite close to paying for a new tank.
Ya lor, quite true. I tink I can almost buy another new tank for the price they quote.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:13 AM   #16
snowhusky

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvwenz View Post
5 years is quite old for a tank if the silicon used was not up to par.. u might wish to buy a new tank.. resilicon ur old one and make it into a sump tank? haha..
just my suggestion thou.. =)
Bro, if I resilicon and make it into the sump tank, then u tink wat size must I get for my main tank? hahaha
Old 04-04-2010, 06:02 AM   #17
thriviazy
Arofanatic

hey bro, my tank splits 2 days ago too... for me, the centre and 1 of the side bracing came off causing my ohf and light to drop into the tank.. was very very lucky the water was not electrocuted.. then the front panel came off and slowly flooding my hse.. damn panic man.. luckily my mum is at home and help me hold the glass panel while i move my fishes.. almost cried man....
thriviazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 09:31 AM   #18
skykeno
Dragon

since yr tank silicon leaking then i suggest tat no point asking tanker to resilicon coz they have to cut off the whole silicon n clean again n silicon back , cant juz patch it like tyre puncture, i did ask 2 tankers to resilicon ny tank be4. (no leaking juz renew silicon like COE) 1st tanker asking for $350 NO warranty. 2nd tanker lagi best ask me throw way no such as recon tank. end up i more lagi best i spend $350 resilicon 1tank 6x2x2 n 1 stump tank 6x2x2 but spend me months to do. since yr tank is leaking is better for u to buy a new 1 or got from but/sell wif no leak n resilicon yrself ,more safe. juz suggest. need help can pm me.
skykeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:22 AM   #19
No78
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skykeno View Post
since yr tank silicon leaking then i suggest tat no point asking tanker to resilicon coz they have to cut off the whole silicon n clean again n silicon back , cant juz patch it like tyre puncture, i did ask 2 tankers to resilicon ny tank be4. (no leaking juz renew silicon like COE) 1st tanker asking for $350 NO warranty. 2nd tanker lagi best ask me throw way no such as recon tank. end up i more lagi best i spend $350 resilicon 1tank 6x2x2 n 1 stump tank 6x2x2 but spend me months to do. since yr tank is leaking is better for u to buy a new 1 or got from but/sell wif no leak n resilicon yrself ,more safe. juz suggest. need help can pm me.
bro, 350 is for 2 622 ? can pm me the tank maker ?
No78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #20
skykeno
Dragon

bro is $350 for 1 tank, not really a tank maker , i can say they r transporter but do many thing abt thanks. i call many real tank maker but they dont do recon of tanks.
skykeno is offline   Reply With Quote