Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Freshwater Invertebrates Forum

Old 27-03-2012, 11:41 AM   #1
globalcookie
Dragon

Default Reset Tank - 3ft, 3 sections

Tank size is 3ft x 2ft, water volume is 100L.

I had some problems with this tank around CNY period, where I lost quite a lot of shrimps unnoticed (was away for almost 1wk, returned to find many shrimps missing)..

Cleared the tank, washed and dried the gravels (mainly quartz). Just finished cycling in a sense.
- Canister (ehiem 2217) stuck to the bottom attached to a long 'rainbar' (bought from 328)
- Under gravel filter (UGF) with a plastic tube all the way to the surface for me to 'suck' out the bottom once in awhile.
- normal setup procedure.
- after few days cycling (with 1 dead shrimp thrown into the UGF), I release a few guppies into the tank to maintain the colony of BB.
- (edit) Water perimeter... is currently....
~ gH 11,
~ pH 7
~ temp abt 25 degrees C
~ will be using mosura software to reduce both gH and pH.
- Just bought and released 4 CPO into it.
- Photos of th 3 section as follows:

Left Section - dw that looks like a fallen tree, with USF tied to it.

Middle Section - Mini Pelia wall

Right Section - Will be a USF section. Currently CPO

That white 'divider' is made of PVC, wire trunking. Using it to reduce the movement area for the CPO. Last time I had CPO, i suspect they died on stavation, from being unable to find food.

Last edited by globalcookie; 27-03-2012 at 11:47 AM.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
avex30

Woo nice hahaha welcome to CPO club
Old 27-03-2012, 11:50 AM   #3
bai
Dragon

Ya welcome to the CPO club......hehehe
bai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
Koji™
Account Disabled

Welcome to the CPO club
Koji™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
globalcookie
Dragon

See la see la..... you 3 poison dosers! The very persons to avoid.... poison deep deep... luckily, CPOs are very affordable, else i hv to clean dishes, sweep floor and clean toilet just to have this hobby.
Old 27-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #6
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
See la see la..... you 3 poison dosers! The very persons to avoid.... poison deep deep... luckily, CPOs are very affordable, else i hv to clean dishes, sweep floor and clean toilet just to have this hobby.
Thats why this poison not ex ma
Old 27-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
globalcookie
Dragon

I have to thank all of you for inducing me to give a section to CPO. Idon't think I'll start vampire crab anytime soon. Need a dry section, which I'm not quite prepare to modify my tank for, yet.

Special thanx to Avex30 for recommending Mosura Softwater when I mentioned about gH problem in another thread. I bought a packet of it when i was down in 328 yesterday. Will use it to redue the gH, hopefully down to about maybe 4-6 region, and hopefully achieve pH6.5 too.

Will have to be more discipline to check my water perimeters more often (maybe monthly). The tap water these days are really hard to manage. Even bettas are falling sick and dying.
Old 27-03-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
Koji™
Account Disabled

Quote:
I have to thank all of you for inducing me to give a section to CPO. Idon't think I'll start vampire crab anytime soon. Need a dry section, which I'm not quite prepare to modify my tank for, yet.

Special thanx to Avex30 for recommending Mosura Softwater when I mentioned about gH problem in another thread. I bought a packet of it when i was down in 328 yesterday. Will use it to redue the gH, hopefully down to about maybe 4-6 region, and hopefully achieve pH6.5 too.

Will have to be more discipline to check my water perimeters more often (maybe monthly). The tap water these days are really hard to manage. Even bettas are falling sick and dying.
Tap filters can help reduce the PH by some degree. My tap water here in the farm is hovering around 8.4 but after bypass the tap filter the ph drop to 7.3-7.5

I age my water with water conditioner and I do ammonia test and nitrate test on them before usage (once in a blue moon)
Old 27-03-2012, 01:56 PM   #9
avex30

Quote:

No Problem we share all info as long as you get poison hahahahaha
Old 27-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #10
bettafantastic
Endangered Dragon

haha, now many keeping CPO already..
Nice set-up by the way.
bettafantastic is offline   Reply With Quote