Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascaping Showcase / Journals

Old 08-04-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
fuse

Default tank revamp to remove some exams stress!!

Got my tank back from nice uncle mike who gave me some plants too!!!
was not in a studying mood yesterday so end up decided to work on the tank.
didnt really wanna do a permanent setup so i held back on the background. so all this are just a temporary one!!!

a frontal view!!
the right side consist of a higher ground enclosed by a plastic container and then hidden by some peat and the driftwoods. a technique taught by bro ginger!!! (but apparantly i added too much pellets and peat to the surrounding area that the effect seems lost!!!

u dun see and plants coming out from the higher area cos i have only planted in a bromeliad bud. gonna see if it can survive!!!

thought of topping up more clay pellets and peat and perharps add a few more plants to create a higher ground image with some layering at the bottom layer also.
but tat can wait, exams first haha
Old 08-04-2005, 09:34 PM   #2
fuse

a top view

the plants coming out are actually a kind of creepers but i have seen people planting them in pots and let them jus flow out of it. hope to give such a effect after it flouish.

bry raytan, this is the same creeper i am using for my toad tank. its quite cheap and nice, not so much affected by heat of the lighting unlike certain creeper ferns so u can consider using it for the vertical setup nearer to the lightings
Old 08-04-2005, 09:44 PM   #3
fuse

a close up on the moss area.

one trick i realised for letting mosses flourish faster on driftwoods is to try to put a layer of peat between them and the wood. this allow the mosses to retain a bit more moisture as i observe that normally those i placed on driftwoods tend to dry faster and require more misting!!!

only inhibitants are a supple skink(4 cm) and some crickets!!! ahaha the skink was found on my way back to hostel, lucky me, but i forgot to take pics before letting him into the tank, can find him already think must have burrowed some where already

heres a pic i found of the net of him
http://www.wildsingapore.per.sg/disc...kinksupple.htm

time to hit the books once more

CHEERS!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 10:11 PM   #4
yellowtang

Nice transformation!! All done in less than a day!

If only you put in the same amount of passion into your studies, i am sure you will be the top top student. (Just kidding ).

Be careful with the crickets. They like to chomp chomp the leaves like locusts.

rgds,
Old 08-04-2005, 11:18 PM   #5
leofanatic

Nice little tank setup...

Who is going to be in there?
Old 08-04-2005, 11:59 PM   #6
Wild Ginger
Dragon

Alex, ya've got there a VERY clean setup. Nice n simple. I guess ya just leave ur plants as where they r n they'll flourish into a bush given e time n pruning. Ur mosses r looking exceptionally green n lush. Have to say, this will be an easy maintenance setup, which serves both practically n visually pleasing. Good work bro n *cough cough* all e best to ur exams. Hope ya'll do well.

Best Regards,
Phillip.
Wild Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:07 AM   #7
dkk08
Arofanatic

Hey Alex, very nice simple setup, it'll be nice as a centre piece... and PLS study! hehe Good luck! Rem to organize a outing after ur exams k
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 12:21 AM   #8
fuse

will do, will do
dun worry i also want to do well and be able to go overseas exchange....hopefully somewhere where i can see herps legally!!
haha

i still dun noe which engineering stream i want to go to
headache!!!

yah i think we shd all go for tea during my holidays!!! hahaha
signing off ..... (trying to refrain from coming in for the rest of 2 weeks!!!)
Old 09-04-2005, 12:28 AM   #9
Wild Ginger
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse
will do, will do
dun worry i also want to do well and be able to go overseas exchange....hopefully somewhere where i can see herps legally!!
haha

i still dun noe which engineering stream i want to go to
headache!!!

yah i think we shd all go for tea during my holidays!!! hahaha
signing off ..... (trying to refrain from coming in for the rest of 2 weeks!!!)
Awwwwwwwww.......... bro, thn ya're gonna miss the best part. hahah !~!! nah, go n study yeah bro. I'll update ya in 2yrs time!!! Juz kidding :P

Regards,
Phillip.
Wild Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2005, 01:02 AM   #10
dkk08
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Ginger
Awwwwwwwww.......... bro, thn ya're gonna miss the best part. hahah !~!! nah, go n study yeah bro. I'll update ya in 2yrs time!!! Juz kidding :P

Regards,
Phillip.
Haha Phil that's a good one

Anyway hope we can get together before Aquarama or maybe at Aquarama best is before June (Coz I'll be on a pilgramage hike to Tibet need to cleanse myself )
dkk08 is offline   Reply With Quote