Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Planted Tanks & Aquascaping Forum > Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware

Old 08-08-2007, 02:58 PM   #31
sunnydaze

I am using the mini one from ISTA. Anyone tried the brand Mr Aqua? One of the model look like the Pollen beetle from ADA.
Old 09-08-2007, 03:44 PM   #32
the_r0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by S750WP View Post
Can the eheim oxygen diffuser be used for CO2 diffuser??

I never tried it and I don't recommend as it costs quite a bit. Why not just get a normal diffusor?
Old 10-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #33
rwalker

Default Ocean Free Flipper?

Anyone use ever use the Ocean Free Flipper before?
Saw one in C328 and just want to check it out before I bought it for my DIY CO2 yeast setup.
Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 PM   #34
stephen chung

Get the ISTA reactor. So far is the best I have used. I don't know is DIY yeast co2 strong enough to push through a check valve. If is strong enough use the ISTA reactor.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:22 AM   #35
hebi

hi all. is there any method of diffusing DIY CO2 other than using a reactor? because of space constraint, i want to keep things simple for my 1ft tank. currently using a hanging filter. for diffusing CO2, i am using the bell method, which really is lousy(too slow....)
i am thinking since ceramic diffuser requires pressure, does that mean that if the pressure in the container/bottle is able to build up enough before the container/bottle explode, i can use that method for DIY CO2 too?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:08 PM   #36
peter2883

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebi View Post
hi all. is there any method of diffusing DIY CO2 other than using a reactor? because of space constraint, i want to keep things simple for my 1ft tank. currently using a hanging filter. for diffusing CO2, i am using the bell method, which really is lousy(too slow....)
i am thinking since ceramic diffuser requires pressure, does that mean that if the pressure in the container/bottle is able to build up enough before the container/bottle explode, i can use that method for DIY CO2 too?
From what I know you need to build quite a lot of pressure for DIY CO2 before it would go through the ceramic diffuser... Another problem with the DIY method is that it might clog up the ceramic diffuser...

I've done some research on this & I personally feel that using the CO2 reactor method is the best... But since you are on such a small setup... You could you flipper method which I think is the most ideal in your situation...
Old 09-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #37
hebi

thanks peter. i think reactor seems to be the best option , just have to do more research on building it.
bought a ISTA ceramic diffuser from polyart and limewood diffuser from C328 yesterday to try them out, ceramic diffuser failed but bubbles managed to squeeze through the holes of the limewood. sadly, this morning no bubbles are seen from the limewood. think probably due to the slimy thing from DIY CO2 that clog the limewood up. maybe getting a pressurized CO2 is much better long term after all. haha
Old 09-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #38
Shad0w

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwalker View Post
Anyone use ever use the Ocean Free Flipper before?
Saw one in C328 and just want to check it out before I bought it for my DIY CO2 yeast setup.
I use this before, not Ocean ree though. For DIY setup, flipper is the best because of weak pressure.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:17 AM   #39
o2bubble

I'm using Dennerle cyclo reactor for my 4 ft tank connected to Ehiem 2028 filter outlet with only 2.5 bps. the water circulation is good as I can see the tiny bubble out from the reactor reaching the middle of my tank and so far the CO2 level has been consistent at about 25 ppm. My tank is quite heavily planted. it's an expensive reactor but its definately worth it.
Old 30-08-2008, 02:27 AM   #40
mr_bluur

can any bros post a pic of a flipper? am intending to start DIY CO2 pretty soon so wanan get the equipment at the same time ...