Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > Arowana Discussion > Articles, Resources & FAQs

Old 25-07-2007, 02:13 AM   #111
gtohow
Endangered Dragon

interesting solution... but just feel it's pretty risky as not many aro able to stay claim... and also rubbing part might accidental lead to more problem...
but overall is still a very good info sharing.. thanks...
Old 25-07-2007, 02:59 PM   #112
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtohow View Post
interesting solution... but just feel it's pretty risky as not many aro able to stay claim... and also rubbing part might accidental lead to more problem...
but overall is still a very good info sharing.. thanks...
very true ... if one doesn't fully understands what he/she is doing, accidents may very easily happen that may lead to more problems, but then again that holds true for any kind of OP one chooses to perform on the aro...

before conducting any kind of OP, owner must weigh out all the pros & cons to see if the risk, if any, is worth it to go ahead with the OP.

Old 26-07-2007, 01:14 AM   #113
lam w m
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumraisin View Post
couldn't really remember the exact length of time it took, and i didn't get tired first becoz i made sure i got in a comfortable position before i began... but i do recall it took much shorter time than i thought. all in all i say it's less than 3 minutes!
So fast?
Is he tired or in shock ?
Old 26-07-2007, 12:42 PM   #114
Andrew Tan
Senior Dragon

Quote:
couldn't really remember the exact length of time it took, and i didn't get tired first becoz i made sure i got in a comfortable position before i began... but i do recall it took much shorter time than i thought. all in all i say it's less than 3 minutes!

Woww.......if din read the whole thread ....many ppl will think that u r
Old 26-07-2007, 12:57 PM   #115
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lam w m View Post
So fast?
Is he tired or in shock ?
u'd be surprised to see how fast they get tired. but pls note it will take longer if aro is not cooperating or getting freaked. in which case you'll have to tame it a little bit first or just don't chase it all the way from one end to another.

gently chase half way and let your aro swim to the opposite end, then start from opposite end and chase again till half way only. repeating this process until your aro is familiar with the routine then u could speed it up a little bit. purpose here is to pace the chase so the aro will make its way from one end of tank to another WITHOUT banging. making fast turns okay, but banging NO!

Old 26-07-2007, 01:03 PM   #116
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Tan View Post
Woww.......if din read the whole thread ....many ppl will think that u r
LOL, thanks for pointing it out! i'm beginning to think i'm if it weren't for the occasional show of support/appreciation, i wonder why i even bothered sharing or talking so much!!!

Old 27-07-2007, 12:35 AM   #117
rickyko9281

Bro rumraisin,

Thx 4 sharing of the useful information.

I had already heard this method at few years ago. The fish shop in Hong Kong told me that some experience hobbyist were using such kind of method.

Old 27-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #118
chamikara

Quote:
hey bro, thnx for your confidence! just fried rice or a dead aro, nothing in between??? well then i prefer the fried rice & i want it with abalone in it!

short note: IF & when u use this method, please make sure u do it in a BARE TANK. no corner filter/overflow; no driftwood; no rocks, etc. and dont forget to be GENTLE!
Thanks Bro Ill keep that in mind..

And whatever happens in the experiment, Youll get your fried rice bro..

Old 27-07-2007, 10:41 PM   #119
lam w m
Arofanatic

Quote:
u'd be surprised to see how fast they get tired. but pls note it will take longer if aro is not cooperating or getting freaked. in which case you'll have to tame it a little bit first or just don't chase it all the way from one end to another.

gently chase half way and let your aro swim to the opposite end, then start from opposite end and chase again till half way only. repeating this process until your aro is familiar with the routine then u could speed it up a little bit. purpose here is to pace the chase so the aro will make its way from one end of tank to another WITHOUT banging. making fast turns okay, but banging NO!
Thanks for the info..
Old 28-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #120
rumraisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyko9281 View Post
Bro rumraisin,

Thx 4 sharing of the useful information.

I had already heard this method at few years ago. The fish shop in Hong Kong told me that some experience hobbyist were using such kind of method.
bro, thnx for speaking up... at least now ppl know that this chase-&-massage method is not something i made up!

actually, the shifu that taught me this was a Thai-Chinese, so i'm sure many ppl have come across this method before... just dont understand why no one comes forward to talk about it. anywho the worms have been let out of the can (is that how the phrase goes??? ) now, there's at least one more 'well-kept' solution offered to solving an old-time problem.