Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 26-11-2008, 10:32 AM   #31
boonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira76 View Post
I just bought 3 IT on monday. It's either they swim face down at the bottom of the tank or park one corner. Any reason why they doing that? Due to new environment or bad water condition?
probably due to new environment. Check water parameters too.

my tank para nitrates reading very high, but ammonia & nitrite 0, overstock my fishes liao

Old 26-11-2008, 10:34 AM   #32
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
I just bought 3 IT on monday. It's either they swim face down at the bottom of the tank or park one corner. Any reason why they doing that? Due to new environment or bad water condition?
Give them another few days to settle down , shd be ok once they're used to the tank .
Old 26-11-2008, 11:46 AM   #33
Kira76
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonie View Post
probably due to new environment. Check water parameters too.

my tank para nitrates reading very high, but ammonia & nitrite 0, overstock my fishes liao
New tank setup. been cycling water for 1 week before adding the IT. Reading taken yesterday was, Ammonia = 3mg/l, Nitrite = 0.25 mg/l and Nitrate = 10mg/l.

I know the amoonia was a bit on the high side thus was wondering if this is a concern for the ITs.
Old 26-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #34
dumbass341

i felt tt keeping IT is a great joy if ya happen 2 hav a 24/7 stable de...no pt buying those stable IT in lfs .. but when u put inisde ur tank become unstable... dere alot of tis cases tt y i prefer 2 buy 24/7 de from e forum ... at least e price i pay n e maintainance of food n water is worth it... according 2 my experience... turning unstable tiger into 24/7 stable 1 is quite a difficult task... but gt heard ppl say tt put inside a pond or fgt will become stable... but duno hw true it is...

tis is my ex - ITs & ST .... kinda miss them =x

Old 26-11-2008, 01:13 PM   #35
fastlee84

hi all... got a problem here... come back from work this morning discovered that my power head leading to the ohf stop working... causing the water to turn cloudy... give the power head a few knocks & working 'ok' now... but my main concern is the tigers in the tank... the ITs that stable turned unstable now...should i do wc?? any suggestions will b appreciated... thanks

Old 26-11-2008, 02:12 PM   #36
CrazyFish

AFC Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlee84 View Post
hi all... got a problem here... come back from work this morning discovered that my power head leading to the ohf stop working... causing the water to turn cloudy... give the power head a few knocks & working 'ok' now... but my main concern is the tigers in the tank... the ITs that stable turned unstable now...should i do wc?? any suggestions will b appreciated... thanks
Since your water already turned cloudy , suggest to do WC .
Old 26-11-2008, 10:23 PM   #37
BuWaC

Quote:
New tank setup. been cycling water for 1 week before adding the IT. Reading taken yesterday was, Ammonia = 3mg/l, Nitrite = 0.25 mg/l and Nitrate = 10mg/l.

I know the amoonia was a bit on the high side thus was wondering if this is a concern for the ITs.
There shudnt be any NH3 reading in a fully cycled tank, u are putting the fish at risk or there cud be long term damages.

Old 26-11-2008, 10:26 PM   #38
BuWaC

Quote:
IMO, suggest to let the pump run the tank for few hrs or so, the tank shud clear up, then do WC 20%. Immediately WC might hv adverse effect on the fishes.

Old 26-11-2008, 10:53 PM   #39
DC49

Default Hi

Quote:
Yes let the pump run and do a WC, cos if the pump stopped working, the water parameters will change drastically. WC to stabilise.

Old 26-11-2008, 11:03 PM   #40
boonie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbass341 View Post
i felt tt keeping IT is a great joy if ya happen 2 hav a 24/7 stable de...no pt buying those stable IT in lfs .. but when u put inisde ur tank become unstable... dere alot of tis cases tt y i prefer 2 buy 24/7 de from e forum ... at least e price i pay n e maintainance of food n water is worth it... according 2 my experience... turning unstable tiger into 24/7 stable 1 is quite a difficult task... but gt heard ppl say tt put inside a pond or fgt will become stable... but duno hw true it is...

tis is my ex - ITs & ST .... kinda miss them =x

very nice tigers bro!!! *slurp*

Closed Thread