Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > General Freshwater Forum

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #11
kelvinnwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr tiger View Post
hmmm..then should not be a problem..now i comm 5 KKPs about 6 inches with 3 big tigers and few small ones..
haha, i see...hm...my only concern is that the KKPs & STs might get into fights. the tigers' eyes look so vulnerable, very worried the parrots might go peck on the tigers' eyes & blind them ya...

Old 13-03-2009, 03:14 AM   #12
mr tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinnwk View Post
haha, i see...hm...my only concern is that the KKPs & STs might get into fights. the tigers' eyes look so vulnerable, very worried the parrots might go peck on the tigers' eyes & blind them ya...
KKPs can be naughty at times..i put a piece of driftwood inside..to prevent them from fighting also..

Old 13-03-2009, 04:30 AM   #13
gavin
Endangered Dragon

my KKP and NGT also fight one another.. but no serious injury so i dun bother..
Old 13-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #14
kelvinnwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr tiger View Post
KKPs can be naughty at times..i put a piece of driftwood inside..to prevent them from fighting also..
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavin View Post
my KKP and NGT also fight one another.. but no serious injury so i dun bother..
thanks alot for the advice bros !! perhaps i'll just go ahead with the comm & monitor closely for a while ya. hahaha.

thanks x1000 !!

Old 13-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #15
aroHaji
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvinnwk View Post
hi bro, thats my concern too, i presume fights are inevitable at some point in time, but worried the parrots might blind the tigers...the tigers' eyes seems very vulnerable...

bro, just to check with ya, will fightin casuse the tigers to be less stable ?? so far my tigers very peaceful with other tankmates...still thinking whether to introduce the parrots to the comm anot...
Yes, fighting is inevitable even in a com full of only tigers. Now just my observation only, when tigers about the same size fight they tends to be super stable, the reason i can think of is 50/50 no win no lose and the game continue.

But when one is so much bigger than the other, the smaller one will go into submission and will become charcoal dark(especially IT).

However, when they tiger fight with other spices, they tends to be stable all the time.

Fishe eyes are vulnerable. Injury is inevitable, just need to keep a look out that the injury is not too serious will do.
Old 13-03-2009, 11:12 AM   #16
kelvinnwk

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroHaji View Post
Yes, fighting is inevitable even in a com full of only tigers. Now just my observation only, when tigers about the same size fight they tends to be super stable, the reason i can think of is 50/50 no win no lose and the game continue.

But when one is so much bigger than the other, the smaller one will go into submission and will become charcoal dark(especially IT).

However, when they tiger fight with other spices, they tends to be stable all the time.

Fishe eyes are vulnerable. Injury is inevitable, just need to keep a look out that the injury is not too serious will do.
hm, so far the tigers are rather peaceful, the STs are 12-13", the smaller tigers are only 6-7", all rather stable most of the time. trying to add in a few more parrots, hope everything'll be fine ya. will try to monitor closely if fights occur.

thanks alot for the advice bro upz for u ya !!

Old 13-03-2009, 12:12 PM   #17
whale88
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo View Post
my >12" is taking MP and fish filet at last..formely the owner feed him only bullfrong..
Figo
Bro, my 8" IT only taking small frogs now as well, can seek your technique on feeding MP and fish fillet? By starving?
Old 13-03-2009, 01:09 PM   #18
aroHaji
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whale88 View Post
Bro, my 8" IT only taking small frogs now as well, can seek your technique on feeding MP and fish fillet? By starving?
Starving is the only way out.
Old 13-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #19
Panut

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroHaji View Post
Starving is the only way out.
Got another way, but may be deemed cruel.

Old 13-03-2009, 01:17 PM   #20
aroHaji
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panut View Post
Got another way, but may be deemed cruel.
Interesting, pm me or share here if u don't mind.
Closed Thread