Old 20-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #251
NI KI
Arofanatic

NI KI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2019, 02:20 PM   #252
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Andy Robertson's new deal

Andy Robertson committed his future to Liverpool by signing a new long-term contract with the club – and immediately explained why it was one of the easiest decisions he's ever made.

The full-back put pen to paper on the deal at Melwood on Thursday just 18 months after initially arriving from Hull City.

Moments after inking his new terms, Robertson sat down with Liverpoolfc.com at the Reds’ training complex to outline why he was so eager to complete the formalities as quickly as possible.

The Scotland captain also reflected on a whirlwind first 18 months at the club, during which he’s established himself as a regular in Jürgen Klopp’s starting line-up and made 56 appearances to date, as well as detailing his aims for the future.

Old 20-01-2019, 02:25 PM   #253
NI KI
Arofanatic

Trent Alexander-Arnold's new Liverpool contract sees youngster turn from boy to man at Anfield

Trent Alexander-Arnold's new Liverpool contract is the moment the young defender transitioned from boy to man, according to manager Jurgen Klopp.

The young full-back put pen to paper over the weekend just days after fellow defender Andy Robertson inked fresh terms himself.

It's reward for the remarkable progress Alexander-Arnold has made under the guidance of Klopp since he signed his last contract in July 2017.

Since then the Academy graduate has firmly established himself as the club's first choice right-back and helped the Reds to a Champions League final last season.

He has also played an important part in a Liverpool team that has serious designs on winning the Premier League title this term and Klopp was full of praise for the young defender.

And the Liverpool boss believes this new deal means Alexander-Arnold has now come of age as fully-fledged international footballer.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: "The previous [contracts] he signed them maybe as a ‘boy’ – and I don’t mean that in any way to be disrespectful to his importance at that particular point of his life, more about his age, but they were different to this.

"This one is very much about ‘the man’ and the player he has become, the status he now has both with us and in the game, and it is thoroughly deserved.

"Since he last signed for us he is now established in our team, rather than a surprise inclusion – or one where people say: ‘Oh, that’s nice.’ He has played and scored for the England senior team and been to a World Cup.

"But with Trent, the most exciting thing about him is that the questions you ask about him always have a very positive follow-on. By which I mean, ‘Is he a fantastic player?’ Yes! ‘But can he get even better?’ Absolutely – and he will!"

Alexander-Arnold missed Saturday's Premier League clash with Crystal Palace at Anfield due to a knee injury he suffered against Brighton last weekend.

Initially, the Reds feared he would be sidelined for a month but he has responded well to treatment and the outlook is now more positive.

Alexander-Arnold has a chance of being fit for Liverpool's next game against Leicester City at Anfield on January 30.
Old 20-01-2019, 11:21 PM   #254
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 20-01-2019, 11:33 PM   #255
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 21-01-2019, 09:09 PM   #256
NI KI
Arofanatic

Old 21-01-2019, 09:25 PM   #257
NI KI
Arofanatic

Default Jurgen Klopp drops Liverpool transfer market hint after fresh right-back concerns

Jurgen Klopp has strongly hinted he will resist dipping into the transfer market this month despite admitting Liverpool face a “really difficult problem” in defence.

Klopp is pondering a selection crisis at right-back in the wake of Saturday's dramatic 4-3 win over Crystal Palace.

James Milner, who deputised in the role at the weekend, is suspended for Liverpool's next match at home to Leicester City on Wednesday week following his late red card at the weekend.

Fabinho, another right-back option, hobbled off with a hamstring problem towards full time, while Klopp has intimated the Leicester game will come too early for Trent Alexander-Arnold with Joe Gomez already sidelined.

And with Nathaniel Clyne on loan at Bournemouth, Rafa Camacho – who made his Premier League debut during injury time against Palace – is Liverpool's only recognised available right-back at present.

“It is a really difficult problem,” said Klopp. “I can imagine what people think about this situation but you have to make decisions in moments when decisions are on the table.

“That's why Clyney is not here anymore. In that moment we had plenty of options and now we don't have them. That's how it is in our next games.

“Trent got an injury and it's serious but not that serious. He will be back early but I don't know if early enough for the next game. Maybe the game after (at West Ham United the following Monday).

“Everyone gives me the feeling, Trent as well, that that is absolutely possible but we have to wait and cannot risk anything. We have to come through this situation.”

Klopp added: “Tell me a player who can play right-back and other positions as well better than our boys like Rafa can do?

“By the way, after training Ki-Jana (Hoever) has a little injury as well, not too serious and he's probably back for the Leicester game but these things happen.

“Crystal Palace, of course, had three goalkeepers and all is fine and then the next moment you stand there with one. Do you buy another goalkeeper? I'm not sure. We have to use the resources we have already and that is what we try.”

With Milner dismissed and Fabinho off injured, there was a spell before Camacho's introduction towards the end of Saturday's match where Roberto Firmino filled in at right-back.

“It wasn't the perfect solution,” admitted Klopp. “It was a bit of a surprise of course but we had to react pretty quick and Bobby was a centre-half when he started playing, I remembered that at least, but of course it's difficult.

“We could have done a few things, bringing in Alberto (Moreno) or Rafa immediately, but we had to defend Zaha with two or three players anyway and Bobby is a very smart player.”

Klopp was shouting at Firmino to remain in position during injury time, and added: “In the moment when he was involved in the counter-attack I thought 'My God' but that's what happens with a lack of oxygen, you do things you wouldn't normally do! But that's his desire and I loved that.

“He's always involved in pretty much everything and in that moment I had to shout 'You are now right-back'.

“Before that, when Fabinho left the pitch, he was in a 4-5-1 half-left midfield so we had to try a bit of magic. In the end we defended with big heart and not with the best organisation.”
Old 21-01-2019, 09:33 PM   #258
NI KI
Arofanatic

Wilson Speaks

Harry Wilson wants to fire Derby County to promotion after bagging his 10th goal of the season in the Championship on Saturday.

County edged Reading 2-1 to go sixth in the table just days after the Welshman’s loan was confirmed until the end-of-the-season.

“That was always my focus,” Wilson said. “At the beginning of the season, I signed a season-long loan, so it was always in my head that I was going to be here for the season.

“Now that window has gone, everyone knows I’m here to stay.

“I want to help Derby get into the Premier League.

“I want to keep scoring and assisting, helping the team and getting us as high up the league as I can. I’m loving it.”

Old 21-01-2019, 09:40 PM   #259
NI KI
Arofanatic

Kent Hint

Ryan Kent continues to hint he’ll remain at Rangers beyond the duration of his loan spell.

The winger has been in fantastic form since linking up with manager Steven Gerrard at Ibrox as the Gers mount a serious title challenge this term.

“I have bought into Rangers since I got here, it is an unbelievable club and the fans are brilliant,” Kent said. “I think with the team we have now it is a really good squad but when you are playing in those games, the big derby games, it makes you realise what a big club it is.

“This is the most settled I have been at a club, I think just the way I have been welcomed into the team, the people I have got around me in regards to the coaches has made me feel really settled here.

“I am enjoying my football which is the main thing, I think when you are in an environment where you are comfortable then that is when you get the best performances out of your game.”

Old 21-01-2019, 09:57 PM   #260
NI KI
Arofanatic

How about this for a story - James Milner was sent off by his primary school PE teacher, Jon Moss, yesterday!