Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox > Singapore Politics

Old 06-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #91
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by xersion View Post
he always there de lor dunno how many years liao...
near the light house...
maybe he wants to apply for job at the light house........quite similar to his previous job of guarding the Istana.......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #92
globalcookie
Dragon

In a comparison of profession to ministerial post, I wouldn't think they are less competent due to their earlier trainings. But if we look at these individuals, I can agree with what they have done so far, to deserve these negative perception of them.

Good leaders are not necessarily trained in their capacity from school or previous undertakings. They need good vision and passion for what they serve. However, if it's money they serve, than I wouldn't think they do a good job apart from achieving money oriented goals.

Thus, Singapore becomes so much more painful today, than it was in the 80s or even 90s.

Ppl slam GCT as woody Goh, whatever bad policies. Is he really so bad? I don't know, my perception of him is not as bad.

-----------------------

Btw, last night I saw WP's LTK at a temple dinner. Very approachable man. Someone offered him beer, he took it and drink. He came mid way thru the dinner and stayed till the end (even after most ppl left). No airs, no need to stand for him. Compared to last time (1990s) some 'assteem' MP that came... we were asked to stand (i didn't give a shit) and he came and left shortly.
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:14 AM   #93
hkh
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalcookie View Post
Is there a mamak there where we can go order prata?
His Prata is not cheap hor........and most if his clients were foreign dignities.......
hkh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:30 AM   #94
ilovertg
Arofanatic

from my line of work, if my boss is one who know nuts abt wat I am doing. its damn and it's wat I am experiencing now. tell him things still must explain and he will implement things which are not practical oso

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
ilovertg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 03:54 AM   #95
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auratus View Post
PAP do chap. First, Catherine Lim did mentioned there is a split in views among the camp. Ah Gong also did mentioned something along this line. So it did endorse the possibility. Once the seats in parliament becomes diluted, dirty laundry are likely to surface. Faith in them likely to be shaken, eroding trust will further gather.
Past election has clearly shown the swing of votes, both main and by election. Especially Aljunied GRC, the tension can be felt clearly, the big guns came to reinforce but still it fell. LSL restructured the cabinets, reinforced his strategy. Open the flood gates, welcome NC, indirect pressure on SPR to NC.
It's serious, just too much money to loose. Imagine, past and current party members holding high office, each taking millions annually. Who wants to loose this rice bowl? Singapore is a gold mine for these people, if go other countries they only eat grass.
Not just in Aljunied GRC, but also in PBE2013. LLL was shrugged off initially during the GE2011, coz MP was the incumbent and popular with many of the voters then. 2 years and a twist later, They still persisted in shrugging Ms LLL off, parachuting a nobody's clown-of-the-soil to try to capitalise on MP's significant GE2011 advantage. I hope They haven't learnt their lesson still, come GE2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovertg View Post
errrr I dun have the faith in many of our ministers at present. are they really doing such a great job that once they are gone, the ministry will collapse?

Heng Swee Keat really that bad mah? RARELY hear him goof off "quotable quotes" in the public ears and eyes. That's at least one positive point for him?
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 10:21 AM   #96
ilovertg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Heng Swee Keat really that bad mah? RARELY hear him goof off "quotable quotes" in the public ears and eyes. That's at least one positive point for him?
he is one of the low profile ones hence not much from him. I do wonder whatever they say in parliament, issit scripted? was it vet through before its presented?

Old 13-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #97
globalcookie
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovertg View Post
I do wonder whatever they say in parliament, issit scripted? was it vet through before its presented?
I do think so too, that it's scripted and proof read. But when a question is posted at point blank, you hear the depth of these ministers thoughts.

That also goes to affirm, "One appears wise, till they speak".
globalcookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 02:43 PM   #98
streetsmart73

Hi there !!! 123

Quote:
I do think so too, that it's scripted and proof read. But when a question is posted at point blank, you hear the depth of these ministers thoughts.

aiyoh! take a good look at my favourite: ah zorro hoh.

which part of him appears wise leh, speaking or non-speaking alike
streetsmart73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2014, 10:16 PM   #99
ilovertg
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetsmart73 View Post
aiyoh! take a good look at my favourite: ah zorro hoh.

which part of him appears wise leh, speaking or non-speaking alike
Old 14-03-2014, 02:06 AM   #100
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:

One of the few good ones in these situations i think is Tharman. Somehow, yet to see anyone snook him until he cannot reply or even pause or stammer in his replies.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote