Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Arcadia Products

Old 09-04-2014, 05:15 PM   #21
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuoyuting View Post
Thanks Paul,

I will be looking forward regarding LED that are able to emit UV light.
Due to the cost of living in SG having a LED model would help hobbies like us who turn on tanning light on a 24/7 basics.
Save electricity longer life time.

Cheers.
Hi Zhuoyuting
Thanks for your interest
I really think that having the lamp on 24 hours a day may not be the best idea. It is daylight for a much shorter period than that and as fish have no eyelids they need some hours of darkness to sleep. So I suggest you reduce the lighting period, which means you will save energy and your expensive fish will have a longer life!!

Paul
Arcadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epon View Post
Hi paul, I have a community of red and golden aro. Can I put 1 x Red Arowana UV Tanning Lamp and 1x Golden Crown Arowana UV Tanning Lamp inside the tank at the same time.?
will this setup still serve the purpose of tanning the red and golden aro?

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk
Hi Epon
There is no problem in having both types of lamp in your aquarium. Remember that it takes a little time to see the effect on the fish and to make sure they have areas where they can get out of the light as they would in nature

Paul
Old 14-05-2014, 11:18 PM   #23
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
hi paul
any stock for pendant lighting OVERTANK LUMINAIRE OT8 for 4ft tank
in singapore is it selling at any location? whats the price?
what about price for classica stretch led for 4 ft tank
regards
thor
Hi Thor
I can't help you with stock information or prices as firstly I don't actually work for Arcadia, I just help out with the forums and secondly prices and stock are the responsibility of the Singapore distributor. However I have been told that any of the Arcadia fittings can be ordered from the distributor if he doesn't have stock although it may take some time for it to arrive
Sorry not to be more help
Paul
Old 14-05-2014, 11:22 PM   #24
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor View Post
hi paul
what about the new OTL luminarie new led for 4ft? price? singapore selling? location?
i need to tan my red arowana from above instead of submersible t8 arowana tanning lighting
regards
thor
Hi Thor
You can use the OT8 possibly or the separate electronic fluorescent ultra seal controller and a reflector. Make sure your eyes are shielded from the lamp though.

Paul
Old 14-05-2014, 11:28 PM   #25
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by EamesAro View Post
Hi Paul,

I have gotten the Arcadia Red Arowana Tanning Lamp. I know that this is for tanning the Red Arowana by putting it inside the tank. After a period of time I do believe that the product works. After tanning for perhaps few months I would very much like to go back to viewing lights from the top with the tanning lights taken out.

What do you recommend to us hobbyist to view our Reds or Gold arowana with Arcadia products?
Hi Eames Aro
Any of the Arcadia lighting units are suitable but for the very best results the OT2 LED luminaire with dimming controller will enable you to simulate full dawn to dusk to dawn lighting. Your fish won't know they're in an aquarium I guess!!!

Yours
Paul
Old 01-08-2014, 03:19 AM   #26
991050mm
Arofanatic

Hi,

I had a red arowana with combination of platinum white alligator gar. I believe the arowana need the Red Arowana Lamp Red Arowana develop the colour and the alligator need Golden Crown Arowana Lamp. What should I buy for tanning both fish with 1 lamp? Can I just choose the red lamp only? I only afraid the red lamp will affect the "whiteness" of the gar. Please advise.
991050mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:09 AM   #27
Vitor
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991050mm View Post
Hi,

I had a red arowana with combination of platinum white alligator gar. I believe the arowana need the Red Arowana Lamp Red Arowana develop the colour and the alligator need Golden Crown Arowana Lamp. What should I buy for tanning both fish with 1 lamp? Can I just choose the red lamp only? I only afraid the red lamp will affect the "whiteness" of the gar. Please advise.
Wats the reason of platinum gar must tan?
Sorry I kiasu , nv heard gar need to tan.
Always thot white white plat gar will maintain white white all the way unless is wtt , then true form will appear in dark thank.
Vitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:12 AM   #28
Vitor
Dragon

Last time when I buy,Acadia mentioned both red and golden crown both have tanning effect , just amt slight diff, both can use. Not link to them in any way

Led should be same, like qianhu's always one type for all, that's tanning led.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #29
991050mm
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitor View Post
Wats the reason of platinum gar must tan?
Sorry I kiasu , nv heard gar need to tan.
Always thot white white plat gar will maintain white white all the way unless is wtt , then true form will appear in dark thank.
Thanks for the advise... However may I know will the red tanning light effect the colour of the white plat gar?
991050mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 02:09 PM   #30
Vitor
Dragon

I also no know, gar need to tan?
I dun think got effect lar, as those keep gar in pond outdoor everyday sun light uv

I dun think will have any effect

Tags
30watt 36", 36watt 48", arcadia, arowana lamp, arowana lamp set, colour development, goldencrown arowana light, natural exposure, red arowana light, reflector, u-v, uv transmissive tube, uv-a, uv-b