Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > The Guildhouse > Chatterbox

Old 16-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #31
JinJin
Arofanatic

Default Club ambassador Cudicini previews pre-season

Former Chelsea goalkeeper Carlo Cudicini knows a thing or two about life in the USA after spending the final year of his playing career with LA Galaxy. He will be working as a club ambassador during our pre-season tour in North America and here he looks forward to the visit…

What can the players expect from our three matches, the first of which is against New York Red Bulls?

Red Bulls have been doing well over the past couple of seasons, particularly this year, so it will be a big test – especially as Chelsea are only starting their pre-season in America, which is different to usual as in other years they’d meet up in London to do all of the tests and start working a little bit before heading on tour. Playing this friendly in such a short time after the pre-season starts will be different, and it will be a good game, for sure, and interesting to see the progress of New York.

Once you’re on the pitch against Barcelona or PSG, you want to beat them in front of these great fans! Knowing how competitive our boss and players are, they’ll want to win this tournament at possibly the most important phase of the season, which is preparing yourself for the season. They need to find the right balance, but I’m sure they will.

How does the atmosphere in the MLS and the ICC, the stadiums we are playing in, compare with the other big US sports?

Americans, in general, love the show and they try to make the sporting event a bit of a show. There’s loud music going on, they try to prepare some kind of show on the pitch for before the game or at half-time. They try to entertain the crowd as long as they can and as much as possible. Soccer is the same. It’s different than Europe, but still a great experience. There are a lot of kids going to matches and that’s exceptional to see.

You’re also a huge fan of US sports, aren’t you?

I always loved America, and one of the reasons is because of the sports. I love the college teams and how teenagers can really concentrate on sports while studying at the same time. It’s a great concept.

I’m a big fan of the NFL and NBA, but not so much the baseball or hockey. Although, living in LA, the Kings have been very successful in recent years and won two Stanley Cups in three years, so I learned a little bit about them and the sport. And the atmosphere in the arena was unreal, absolutely fantastic.

With the NBA, obviously the Lakers, although when I was there and even now they are not are going through a great spell. They are struggling a little bit, but I had the chance to see Kobe Bryant playing live. That was a great experience.

My NFL team is actually very far from LA – the Cincinnati Bengals. It’s almost on the other side, but I still had the chance to go and see them play. LA doesn’t have a team, but nearby you have the San Diego Chargers, so I went to see the Bengals play against them.

Did the tour you went on 11 years ago, during Jose Mourinho’s first summer in charge, plant the seed that you wanted to go over to America to live?

I always loved America since the first time I visited as a seven-year-old. For some reason, there has always been a good energy and I loved visiting the place – mainly for holidays, but also pre-seasons. In my mind, I always knew if the chance came along to finish my career in America then it was an opportunity I would love to do. When it came up, I obviously took it with both hands. I moved over without thinking about it too much.

My favorite goalkeeper before Peter Cezh
JinJin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 11:43 AM   #32
loveikan
Arofanatic

Both very gd keepers. Professional , No wayang n committed
loveikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 11:51 AM   #33
JinJin
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveikan View Post
Both very gd keepers. Professional , No wayang n committed
Welcome bro!

Yup, but ManU got all the top goal stopper in EPL history.
Peter Schmeichel, Edwin van der Sar and now David de Gea.
At least earn ManU 10 points a season.
Old 16-07-2015, 11:54 AM   #34
Teoheseow
狼叫头

post so many player and nvr post my French IDOL
Teoheseow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2015, 12:16 PM   #35
JinJin
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teoheseow View Post
post so many player and nvr post my French IDOL
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

This youtube is dedicate to my LJT "Top 20 goals from the great Chelsea legend Zola".

Zola was Chelsea’s creative spark during the late nineties helping guide the West London club to their first FA Cup triumph in some 27 years.

The diminutive, pocket-rocket playmaker would go on to win another FA Cup in 2000 as well as a UEFA Cup Winners Cup in 1998 (Chelsea’s first European trophy since 1971 would you believe) amongst many other personal and team accolades.
Old 16-07-2015, 12:40 PM   #36
Teoheseow
狼叫头

Thks Original Authentic
Teoheseow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2015, 11:59 AM   #37
JinJin
Arofanatic

Default Chelsea 2-2 Barcelona (Chelsea win 4-2 on penalties): Blues end tour with victory

Chelsea ended their US tour with a 4-2 penalty shoot-out success over Barcelona, after a 2-2 draw in Washington.

Eden Hazard gave Chelsea the lead in an entertaining first half with a fine solo effort, on the same day he earned lavish praise from his boss Jose Mourinho, before goals from Luis Suarez and Sandro turned the match on its head.

However, hesitancy from substitute goalkeeper Jordi Masip allowed Gary Cahill to bravely equalise late on for the Blues, before Thibaut Courtois's save allowed Loic Remy to score the winning penalty in the shoot-out.

The result sees the Blues end their US tour without a win in regulation time, and with Diego Costa looking to be carrying an injury when he was withdrawn, Arsenal will be fancying their chances ahead of Sunday’s Community Shield.

Mourinho named an experienced-looking line-up, and immediately gained the initiative, with Marc-Andre ter Stegen forced into a fine save from a Kurt Zouma header early on.

But it wasn’t long before the Blues edged in front, and it was that man Hazard who showed his manager was right to insist the Belgian is at the top of his game.

Picking up the ball in the middle of the pitch, posing no apparent danger, the talented forward glided through the heart of the Barca defence before sliding the ball past Ter Stegen.

The fantastic strike forced the Catalans to up their game, and in Luis Suarez they had a potent attacking threat that the Chelsea rearguard was struggling to cope with.

Luckily for Mourinho, Courtois was in fine form, denying Suarez on three separate occasions, displaying some superb reflexes to keep out the Uruguayan striker.

Down the other end, Oscar hit the crossbar with a free-kick and Ter Stegen made several more fine stops to keep the score to just 1-0 at the interval.

After the break, the Blues shot themselves in the foot when in command, as Suarez equalised on 51 minutes.

Cesar Azpilicueta completely missed a header, leaving Suarez free, but with plenty still to do. Undeterred, Suarez cut back inside and chipped delightfully over Courtois to equalise, despite Zouma’s best efforts to clear off the line.

Numerous changes slowed the tempo somewhat, but Sandro looked to have snatched victory for Barcelona on 66 minutes as he curled a sublime effort past the despairing dive of Courtois.

However, Gary Cahill’s late header levelled proceedings on 85 minutes, just when the Blues looked to have ran out of ideas.

As the loose ball dropped out of the sky, Masip and Cahill went up for it, the replacement Barca 'keeper completely missed his punch, allowing Cahill to nod into the empty net, getting a bloody nose for his troubles.

The penalty shoot-out was pretty straightforward for the Blues, as Alen Halilovic was over confident with his penalty for Barca, chipping onto the crossbar, before Gerard Pique’s spot kick was saved by Courtois.

That left Remy with the task of beating Masip to finish the tour on a high, and the Frenchman duly obliged, giving Blues fans something to cheer for from what has been a tough trip for the Premier League champions.
Old 31-07-2015, 06:46 PM   #38
JinJin
Arofanatic

Default Arsenal vs. Chelsea 2015: Early Preview For Community Shield Matchup

The familiar exchange of barbs and verbal hand grenades between the managers and their successful preseasons heightens the intensity around Arsenal and Chelsea’s Community Shield matchup Sunday at Wembley Stadium.

The Gunners’ Arsene Wenger, entering his 20th season as manager, was once again the butt of Jose Mourinho’s stream-of-consciousness criticism, but the Frenchman parried the comments while discussing his squad’s form ahead of the Premier League campaign.

Nestling a compliment just behind his initial criticism, Mourinho pointed out how much Arsenal has spent on transfers over the last few years but also stressed the roster's increasing growth in talent.

"If you add up the amounts clubs have spent in the last three or four years, I think maybe you will find a surprise," Mourinho told reporters Monday. "If you put Mesut Ozil plus Alexis Sanchez, plus Calum Chambers, plus Mathieu Debuchy, you will find a surprise.

"It's a fantastic squad with good players, fantastic goalkeeper, they are more than ready to be title contenders."

Though he’s yet to claim a single victory in 13 matches against the Portuguese, Wenger refused to be drawn into Mourinho’s war of words in the media, and instead underscored the Gunners fiscal responsibilities.

"We spend when we think we have to spend and do not listen to what people think or say,” Wenger said. "When we don't have the money, we don't spend the money we haven't got."

Arsenal’s remained active on the transfer market this summer, but have only managed to secure keeper Petr Cech from Chelsea for £10 million, with a potential deal for Real Madrid striker Karim Benzema still very much up in the air.

But the Emirates side have more than made due with most of the squad that finished third on the Premier League table last season. Arsenal own a perfect 4-0 mark during the preseason, dropping Everton 3-1 in their trip to Asia, and demolishing Lyon 6-0 for the Emirates Cup.

The Gunners became the first FA Cup winner to defeat the reigning Premier League champion in four years after dropping Manchester City in last year’s Community Shield, and seek to be the first back-to-back Shield-victor since Manchester United in 2011.

Meanwhile, Chelsea looks to repeat as Premier League champion for the first time since 2006 after largely keeping last year’s squad together and adding a little more flair to the attack. After moving on from Cech, the Blues snagged keeper Asmir Begovic from Stoke, and striker Radamel Falcao could redeem himself after a disastrous first tour with Manchester United last season.

The Colombian talisman was still recovering from a serious knee injury last term, and never quite fit in at Old Trafford, but with Diego Costa and Eden Hazard expected to do the attack’s heavy lifting, Falcao can employ his creativity and aggressive style in spots throughout the season.

And Mourinho expressed profound confidence in his current squad, which has only three players over the age of 30, and called them a team for a decade in an interview with ESPNFC. Mourinho likened the current batch to his 2004 squad at Stamford Bridge.

"That was a team for a decade. So this team will be a team for a decade."
Old 31-07-2015, 07:00 PM   #39
chelseaman67
Dragon

Just hope Chelsea will have a good head start winning the Community Shield Cup.
chelseaman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 09:10 PM   #40
JinJin
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseaman67 View Post
Just hope Chelsea will have a good head start winning the Community Shield Cup.
Ya man, should be a good match to watch.
If they can stop Barca, I hope they can give a good fight with Arsenal.