Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 07-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #131
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchy View Post
Sorry a noob question:

Does the hydra lowers nitrate ?
My ammonia n nitrite are 0 n my concern is the high nitrate .
Hydro Pure Technology creates stable and pristine “live” water similar to that of natural river stream rich in micro nutrients and minerals.

It also helps to keep Nitrites NO2 and Nitrates NO3 to minimum levels at all times

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #132
nerd

Default replacement cartridge

Hi, where can I buy the replacement cartridge?

a list will do good
Old 07-08-2013, 06:52 PM   #133
itchy
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian Hu View Post
Hydro Pure Technology creates stable and pristine “live” water similar to that of natural river stream rich in micro nutrients and minerals.

It also helps to keep Nitrites NO2 and Nitrates NO3 to minimum levels at all times
Thanks for your prompt reply. Can elaborate what you meant by minimum level? 0?
itchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 10:57 AM   #134
fdelity
Arofanatic

Hi, where can we get hydra 40 or 50? Available in c328?
fdelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #135
marcuslee80
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdelity View Post
Hi, where can we get hydra 40 or 50? Available in c328?
i bought 2 sets from c328 at reasonably good price. am thinking of buying more.
marcuslee80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #136
gcce

Quote:
Hi,

The cata pure which hydra is using is releasing strong reactive Hydroxyl (OH) ions, which is the key to the cleansing reactions. It constantly pushes the ionization of toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+, thus greatly preventing fish kill due to toxic Ammonia

Most Ammonia Test Kits in the market measures Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN). They measure the total sum of toxic Ammonia (NH3) and non-toxic Ammonium(NH4+) in the water. Hydro Pure Technology constantly pushes the ionization of toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+, thus greatly preventing fish kill due to toxic Ammonia. Therefore, it is normal that these test kit results in high readings as they measure total sum of toxic Ammonia (NH3) and non-toxic Ammonium (NH4+).

Hi Qian Hu,
I'm interested in your product and would like to find out more .....
I'm a little confused per your response above.
If the Ammonia test kits measures TAN, and Hydro Pure Technology pushes toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+.... shouldn't the TAN after using the Hydro filter remain the same (or even lesser) vs the TAN before using the Hydro filter? The difference should be lesser toxic ammonia and more non-toxic ammonia after using the filter? TAN stays constant unless BB further breaks it down to nitrites.... then the TAN should drop.
In the situation mentioned by 50cents.... it appears TAN went up .... is this expected? Or maybe this is a new tank and ammonia is spiking?

Thanks
gcce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #137
Qian Hu

Dragon

Hi,

Thank you for your question. I believe many people have similar questions and doubts. We will answer as below.

There are many kinds of aquarium set up and they can have many differences, in tank size, number of fishes, types of fishes, size of fishes, types and size of filtrations, planted tanks, marine tanks…etc.
Perhaps let us explain the Working Principles of Hydra in layman terms so that everyone can understand better, when they apply it to their own aquarium setup.

Hydra basically functions as a Detoxing Depurator for aquariums.
Hydra detoxifies harmful toxic Ammonia NH3 to non-toxic Ammonium NH4+. Hydra also oxidizes toxic nitrites to non-toxic Nitrate.
Hydra’s continuous reaction eventually yields Nitrogen N and Water, so it depurates the water.

Firstly, let us understand the nitrogen cycle:

Fish waste and leftover feeds -> Ammonia(Toxic)/Ammonium(Non-toxic) -> Nitrite(toxic)-> Nitrate(non-toxic)-> Nitrogen

When Hydra is switched on, yes, Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN) will rise initially.
The reason is, the Ammonia is being pushed to become Ammonium. The Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN) will rise, because fresh ammonia is still being produced by the fish waste and feeding.

Yes, Nitrite will drop because it is being oxidized to Nitrate by Hydra. Nitrate will rise slightly and stabilize eventually. This is fine because nitrate is non-toxic.

In general, Hydra works as a detoxifier and depurator for your aquarium.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 16-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #138
nerd

Quote:
Hi,

Thank you for your question. I believe many people have similar questions and doubts. We will answer as below.

There are many kinds of aquarium set up and they can have many differences, in tank size, number of fishes, types of fishes, size of fishes, types and size of filtrations, planted tanks, marine tanks…etc.
Perhaps let us explain the Working Principles of Hydra in layman terms so that everyone can understand better, when they apply it to their own aquarium setup.

Hydra basically functions as a Detoxing Depurator for aquariums.
Hydra detoxifies harmful toxic Ammonia NH3 to non-toxic Ammonium NH4+. Hydra also oxidizes toxic nitrites to non-toxic Nitrate.
Hydra’s continuous reaction eventually yields Nitrogen N and Water, so it depurates the water.

Firstly, let us understand the nitrogen cycle:

Fish waste and leftover feeds -> Ammonia(Toxic)/Ammonium(Non-toxic) -> Nitrite(toxic)-> Nitrate(non-toxic)-> Nitrogen

When Hydra is switched on, yes, Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN) will rise initially.
The reason is, the Ammonia is being pushed to become Ammonium. The Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN) will rise, because fresh ammonia is still being produced by the fish waste and feeding.

Yes, Nitrite will drop because it is being oxidized to Nitrate by Hydra. Nitrate will rise slightly and stabilize eventually. This is fine because nitrate is non-toxic.

In general, Hydra works as a detoxifier and depurator for your aquarium.

Hi,

I enjoying my Hydra cos it keeps things simple for me.

I know that the cartridges is only for change once a year.
However, I am thinking of replacing after every 9 months since it is switched on 24/7 for me.

You haven't tell me where I can buy....

I stay in Seng Kang so I won't be able to head to your office. Hehe.
Old 16-08-2013, 03:28 PM   #139
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd View Post
Hi,

I enjoying my Hydra cos it keeps things simple for me.

I know that the cartridges is only for change once a year.
However, I am thinking of replacing after every 9 months since it is switched on 24/7 for me.

You haven't tell me where I can buy....

I stay in Seng Kang so I won't be able to head to your office. Hehe.

Hi,

The new Hydra cartridge is not launch yet in the market and will most likely will only be available in most LFS end of this year.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 16-08-2013, 09:46 PM   #140
Aro2626
Arofanatic

Default Hydra Stream 2

Finally got myself one OF Hydra Stream 2.

Sharing on the stream 2 photo and installation manual.
I believe other people also wondering how the system look like.

Until I hold one today specially bought by a Singaporean friend and send over to me.

Really thankful for his kindness for driving all the way to YI HU at Jalan Lekar and delivered to orchard hotel.

I wish for those who like to buy one of this can know how is the setup look like.
Aro2626 is offline   Reply With Quote