Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > Arowana Forum > AFC Associate Members Forum > Qian Hu

Old 01-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
ranmaru1987
Dragon

thanks for the clarification.. wondering when the stock of the bigger version will come??
ranmaru1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:08 PM   #12
Qian Hu

Dragon

We are still currently working on the bigger version and thanks for those who are interested in it. We will keep you update when it is ready, thanks for the waiting.
Qian Hu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:39 AM   #13
hardric

I got a few questions:

1) You said that if the organic capacity is within the capacity, the filter will work well. I guess the question is: Do you have any rough indication of how much is the organic capacity? And if it cannot handle my organic capacity, can i put in additional filters/media?

2) The flow rate is around 500l per hour, but it can handle 300l tank (as stated on your ad). The turnover rate is rather low. If I add in another filter, a cannister for example, and bringing up the turnover rate will there be problems?
Old 10-09-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
PNT Guy
Dragon

My question is, will the current given out buy the OF Hydra 30 Internal Filter affect the pH meter reading?
PNT Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 04:40 PM   #15
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNT Guy View Post
My question is, will the current given out buy the OF Hydra 30 Internal Filter affect the pH meter reading?
Only 5mA passes through the cata Pure and it will not affect the Ph reading of the tank significantly.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | YOUTUBE
Old 12-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #16
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardric View Post
I got a few questions:

1) You said that if the organic capacity is within the capacity, the filter will work well. I guess the question is: Do you have any rough indication of how much is the organic capacity? And if it cannot handle my organic capacity, can i put in additional filters/media?

Different feeding habit, amount of feed and the number of fishes in the tank determine the amount of bio load in a fish tank. Regularly monitoring of the water perimeter is a safety measure to ensure that the organic capacity is of the safety perimeter. You may use additional filters with medias to help counter the bio load if it is way too high.

2) The flow rate is around 500l per hour, but it can handle 300l tank (as stated on your ad). The turnover rate is rather low. If I add in another filter, a cannister for example, and bringing up the turnover rate will there be problems?
Faster flowrate does not helps in breaking down the bio load faster as it need time for the organic waste to breakdown when it passes through the cata Pure. By using another filter, the flow rate will be determine by the filter pump therefore it will not change or affect the flow rate or efficiency of OF Hydra Pure.

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 12-09-2011, 05:01 PM   #17
hardric

Thanks for your reply. Will consider using it when my tank finally arrives.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:04 PM   #18
PNT Guy
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qian Hu View Post
Only 5mA passes through the cata Pure and it will not affect the Ph reading of the tank significantly.
How significant will it be? Like 0.1pH or?
PNT Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2011, 11:32 AM   #19
Qian Hu

Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNT Guy View Post
How significant will it be? Like 0.1pH or?
It will be tough for us to determine how much will the flatuation of the Ph value in each fish tank. As different fish tank will have different level of ions concentration. However, the flatuation of Ph value will be around plus minus 0.5

QIAN HU FISH FARM
71 JALAN LEKAR S698950
Old 14-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #20
nid

Couple of questions,

1) If it turns ammonia straight into nitrogen, wouldn't the BB have no food to eat and die?

2) If there will still be ammonia for the BB to feed on, doesn't that mean that NO3 will still be present? If so, would it be fair to say that it just reduces the NO3 level and not completely removes it?

3)Since it depends on ammonia being changed to NO3 before the normal cycle can begin, I'm guessing it has to be place in the tank itself and not in sumps or IOS compartments.

Sry for so many noob questions, just like to know a bit more before I commit myself.