Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 02-12-2002, 09:28 PM   #11
egstring

actually food plays an important part.
if u keep black ranchu. avoid food that contains artificial colour enchancers that enchances RED.
constant feeding of the above will make your black fade. Not to red/pinkish but to bronze/grey.
the best is to feed pellets that contain spirulina. Thats the only natural colour enchancer around. Alternatively, try feeding vege base pellets like Hikari wheat germ, which contains no colour enchancer but it will aid digestion.
if u have red/white ranchu kept together with your black ones, your only safe bet is either natural food like blood worms or Hikari Lionhead(which contains spirulina).

but of cos, sunlight plays a big part
Old 03-12-2002, 12:00 AM   #12
LHFAN

Lightbulb

Thks for the info every1, will try to fullfill as many as possible.

Egstring-- but hikari lionhead also contain enhancer ri if i'm not wrong (i m feeding with hikari lionhead sinking pellet).

Laserguy-- the background of the my tank is actually dark blue leh(quite close to black liao haha).

Xerovix-- will try to pose pic when i'm free
Old 03-12-2002, 10:13 PM   #13
egstring

LHFAN bro...yes and the enchancer is Spirulina if u read carefully. Spirulina is ok...its natural and will brighten and intensify your fish colour irregardless of red , white , orange or black.

avoid food that contains Carotenoid if i get the spelling correctly.
Old 04-12-2002, 12:03 AM   #14
AeroKing

Talking Re: Thai Black Ranchu turning Brown???

Quote:
Originally posted by LHFAN
Bought a pair of Thai black Ranchu fr Qianhu abt 2 mth ago, beautiful and black when i got them. But recently, 1 of them has turned slightly brownish, any expert (Mr egstring, goldfish fever, goldfishmadman, laserguy or any1) here to help solve this problem, i m open to all kinds of suggestions, thks........
Looks like they've a sun bath!! Now they're tan...he,he
Old 04-12-2002, 12:10 AM   #15
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY

For your info, Japanese do not breed any black ranchu (The Fish Tank at Tanjong Pagar, TRP partner in crime, did tried to con me before by saying their black were from Japan.)
I think Hikari being a Jap Brand (although now manufactured in China) have not developed any enhancer on black coloration.
Red enhancer in Hikari should not post any problem on Thai Black, but if you have Chinese Black, then their belly will sometimes turn pinkish.
Its a pity...pull down his pants and you might see one sie of the butt is red and the other white...like yin-yang like that!! Conmen!!
Old 06-12-2002, 11:38 AM   #16
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
LHFAN bro...yes and the enchancer is Spirulina if u read carefully. Spirulina is ok...its natural and will brighten and intensify your fish colour irregardless of red , white , orange or black.

avoid food that contains Carotenoid if i get the spelling correctly.
I think most fish food made in the US, Germany and Japan are safe. I never trust those products from Taiwan and Thailand.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:52 PM   #17
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever

I think most fish food made in the US, Germany and Japan are safe. I never trust those products from Taiwan and Thailand.
Maybe this golfish..seh sian lah! he,he, he