Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 12-12-2002, 06:01 PM   #11
goldies

Last edited by goldies; 14-10-2003 at 12:53 AM.
Old 12-12-2002, 07:53 PM   #12
aw_i

Just go buy Ocean free White spot treatment. Add salt to abt 0.3% n daily 10% water change. Raise temp if u have heater but not a must. Shld clear in a week.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:04 PM   #13
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by goldies

Ok, should be white spot then.

Use white spot medication, can get anywhere and quite easy to treat.

Shirley was correct too, can use heater to treat white spot. Though dont think white spot is due to temperature too cold
What goldies said is true, it's not due to low temperature, goldfishes can easily tolerate water temp ranging from 5 ~ 35 degree without much problem.

White spot bacteria actually exist in all tanks, only when the fishes are stressed due to some external reason such as bad water condition, causes their immune system to go down, then they will be subjected to white spot attack.

Medication will only be effective when the white spot bacteria are in the free swimming form, and not in the white spot stage on your fishes' tail. By heating, the white spot bacteria will mature into the free swimming form in a shorter cycle. Thus, medication needs to be redosed for a couple of time, before all the white spot will be wiped out. Sometimes, it can be a tedious affair.

Just need to be patient, and the most important things is to maintain good water condition, check ammonia, nitrite level regularly, remember CLEAR WATER doesn't every time means good water condition.

Hopes these info help ! Happy GF keeping !
Old 13-12-2002, 01:33 AM   #14
EngineeriNG

ok thanx i'll try
but buying the 'whitespot clear' thingy will be more expensive than the goldfish itself rite?
Old 13-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #15
goldies

Last edited by goldies; 14-10-2003 at 12:54 AM.
Old 13-12-2002, 03:05 PM   #16
EngineeriNG

yeah thanx
my fish is recovering, i dun see white spots anymore
thanx alot guys
Old 13-12-2002, 03:09 PM   #17
Shirley

tok abt goldfish... i remember my goldfish last time.... got its mouth stuck in the tube connected to the powerhead...

i tried to get it off the tube... and when i saw the fish, i laff till siao...... its mouth turn to the shape of the tube......

then for the next few days it's mouth till like that and its swimming here and there....

Old 13-12-2002, 05:27 PM   #18
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by EngineeriNG
yeah thanx
my fish is recovering, i dun see white spots anymore
thanx alot guys
Although dun see white spots anymore, still must continues to redosage for another week or so, to ensure all free swimming white spot bacteria have been wiped out.
Old 13-12-2002, 07:35 PM   #19
EngineeriNG

o....ic brothers