Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 26-11-2002, 12:33 AM   #11
Xerovix

careful... just found out that low ph level can cause this problem from "fancy goldfish". it also says that it may damage the gill permanently. i guess mine already has damaged gill.

try getting a ph buffer to stablise your tank ph level.

Quote:
Originally posted by egstring
dun have a test kit. But i guess should be quite ok. I just change 30% water and added salt again......hope it will clear. Still curious abt the foam thing. Last time for my LH, i just add activated carbon, the next day ok liao.....
Old 26-11-2002, 10:40 AM   #12
azian dragon

hows ur oxygen flowing? my old ryukins used to do this when the air pumps were shut off.
Old 26-11-2002, 02:41 PM   #13
goldfishfever

Quote:
better today. still the whole tank of ranchu is inactive. Swim slowly. And the surface got a layer of foam......Clown loach from the tank die liao...dunno why
Hi bro, the foamy water indicates 2 possibilities

a) You did not use anti-chlorine agent and still use aged water when doing water change. With the introduction of chloramines in our water supply since last year, never, never use the aged water method. Goldfish when hit by chlorine has problem breathing and it will secret blood thhrough it gills thus you see foams on the water surface.

b) Your fish are hit by bacteria gills. At this stage the gills of your fish are infected by bacteria. In respond to the stress, the goldfish will secret blood thhrough it gills thus you see foams on the water surface.

Bacteria gill affecting goldfish will not affect tropical fishes. Since your Clown Loach had died, I am very positive your problem is due to possibility "a" as chloramines will affect all types of fish.
Old 26-11-2002, 08:09 PM   #14
egstring

any reliable brand of ANTI CHLORINE/WATER CONDITIONER to recommend?
Old 26-11-2002, 08:25 PM   #15
M0rph3us
Arofanatic

i think its overfeed.. it always happen to me cause i always overfeed as they are always eager for food 24 hours a day hahaha... i think if u starve it for a few days things will improve..
usually when i see them behaving like this i would starve them until they become more active before feeding them again
M0rph3us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2002, 09:30 PM   #16
Xerovix

OT... can you show us your latest collection of ranchu?

Quote:
any reliable brand of ANTI CHLORINE/WATER CONDITIONER to recommend?
Old 26-11-2002, 11:29 PM   #17
egstring

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
OT... can you show us your latest collection of ranchu?

hmm....maybe in a few days time. My ranchu are all side view ranchu from Thai and China......nothing fantastic.
If u guys dun mind, i will try to post a few pics of 2 of my latest guy bought from Qianhu last wkend.......
Old 27-11-2002, 10:23 AM   #18
LASERGUY

Quote:

hmm....maybe in a few days time. My ranchu are all side view ranchu from Thai and China......nothing fantastic.
If u guys dun mind, i will try to post a few pics of 2 of my latest guy bought from Qianhu last wkend.......
Is possible to shown us before this weekend ? Planning to Qian Hu this weekend, if quality/price is as good as what they brought in last year end, then may be will grab a couple.
Old 27-11-2002, 01:32 PM   #19
Xerovix

do keep us update on the ranchu there.

Quote:
Originally posted by LASERGUY

Is possible to shown us before this weekend ? Planning to Qian Hu this weekend, if quality/price is as good as what they brought in last year end, then may be will grab a couple.
Old 27-11-2002, 02:39 PM   #20
LASERGUY

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
do keep us update on the ranchu there.

No problem ! Will do.