Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 01-12-2002, 11:20 PM   #11
tranquility

Default is it ... lolx

but 9 is the most common no. as like for the koi fishes ...
Old 01-12-2002, 11:22 PM   #12
Xerovix

Default Re: is it ... lolx

hmm... different ppl will have a different ideas for fs. just meet a ah pek recently at straits telling me keeping 9 is good for home and 7 is good for business.

Quote:
Originally posted by tranquility
but 9 is the most common no. as like for the koi fishes ...
Old 01-12-2002, 11:34 PM   #13
goldfishfever

Quote:
Originally posted by goldies
The most important thing that you need to be careful when keeping goldfish is the water. If you can maintain good water quality, you will have not much problem with your fishes.

Some things you need to take note:
1) Always rem to add anti-chlorine/chloramine solution to your water whenever you change water.
2) Never overfeed goldfish. They always appear hungry, but they can survive without food for weeks.
3) Must be diligent in changing water. Goldfish are very dirty creature. If you must feed your fishes frequently, then you must change your water frequently too.
4) Must have oxygen :P
I read somewhere that they said it is not necessary to have air bubble for the fish. That's wrong! Fish tank must be well aerated. If you see fishes blowing kisses to you at the water, dont be a romantic! High chance is that they are grasping for air at the water surfaces.
5) Dont over stock fishes. As goldfish are very messy creatives, keeping too many fishes in a small tank is going to kill your fishes very fast.
6) Dont mix goldfish with other fishes. As different fishes survive in different water conditions, some fishes may die due to ph differences. So this give people the misconception that their fishes had been eaten up by the goldfish.
7) Never introduce new things into the tank without quarantine or cleaning. Never introduce new fishes into established tank without quarnatine bec you never know what kind of desease it may have. Similarly for plants and worms. Always rem to disinfect before putting into the tank.
8) Read up on amonia, nitrate and nitrite from the internet. Buy the test kits to test your water conditions. Once you can manage your amonia, nitrate and nitrite level in the water, your fish should be easy to maintain.

Support your opinion 100%.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:37 PM   #14
tranquility

Default yea

so choose the odd no. can liaoz ... and below the no. of 10 ... lolx...
Old 01-12-2002, 11:37 PM   #15
goldfishfever

Default Re: Re: is it ... lolx

Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
hmm... different ppl will have a different ideas for fs. just meet a ah pek recently at straits telling me keeping 9 is good for home and 7 is good for business.

8 red ones and 1 black.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:39 PM   #16
tranquility

Default well ...

i think is true ... if u have doubts u can check up on feng shui website and update us more on it ?
Old 01-12-2002, 11:47 PM   #17
Xerovix

Default Re: Re: Re: is it ... lolx

can it be 8 orange and 1 half black or chocolate? not easy to find all red and all black goldfish leh.

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever

8 red ones and 1 black.
Old 01-12-2002, 11:49 PM   #18
tranquility

Default OH MAN !!!!

for me i won't do it ... i rather run the whole singapore finding the red fishes i wan rather than having a black wanz ... it really pulls down the image and our vision enjoyment ... well that's wad i think ... but some black goldfish really looks nicer than the reds
Old 02-12-2002, 12:09 AM   #19
LASERGUY

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: is it ... lolx

Quote:
can it be 8 orange and 1 half black or chocolate? not easy to find all red and all black goldfish leh.

Xerovix, pure thai breed will be all black including the tummy portion, unlike those chinese black ranchu sold by Qian Hu, their tummy are white/yellow.

Heard from my friend, 9 red and 2 black also can !
Old 02-12-2002, 12:29 AM   #20
goldfishfever

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: is it ... lolx

Quote:

Not sure, Just know it is 8 R and 1 B.