Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 11-01-2003, 07:11 PM   #61
shasha

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I feel very sad,

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ah Thiam
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Xerovix
those frozen blood worms... suggest you dissolve it in a small cup to clear away 'free' blood before putting it in your tank to reduce bacteria contamination. wait the birds becomes sick very troublesome leh.

Thank you for your advise. However, I normally don't de-frost them. My understanding is that the worms are bio and UV treated hence very clean liao. De-frosting them might actually dilute away the muiti vitamins that the worms are "impreganted" (Can't think of another word to use) with.

Sometimes, Hikari blood worms do come with those that are very thick type. I notice my fishes likes them very much.

Anyway, I have switched to keeping arowana. I have given up my ranchu keeping (Don't have 12 years, but a good 4 years) hobby 2 years back after I downside my house. However, I still like ranchu very much.
I heard of this before on cleaning the blood worms before feeding the fish, but to me is a bit troublesome cos got to rush off to work. Thus, i feed straight from the freezer. For those how have time, should try cleaning b4 feeding
Old 12-01-2003, 01:01 AM   #62
AeroKing

Talking Re: Jap. BuffaloHead Ranchu - Competition Grade

Quote:
Originally posted by OleOle
Hi all,

Heard so much talking about japanese ranchu here.

Check out mine!

This is wat we call true JAPAN RANCHU
Ole...this must be from JAPAN RANCHU PALACE...he,he,he!! Sor chai...this is sai thau eh kim her lah...! I think you feed them with the colour pebbles so the colour will be better is it?? Ler oo tee bak kia boh???
Old 12-01-2003, 01:04 AM   #63
AeroKing

Talking Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I feel very sad,

Quote:
Originally posted by shasha

I heard of this before on cleaning the blood worms before feeding the fish, but to me is a bit troublesome cos got to rush off to work. Thus, i feed straight from the freezer. For those how have time, should try cleaning b4 feeding
Sasha..don't worry lah. As long as you have green water, blood or no blood, its not problem. It'll be a problem, if you have clear water!!
Old 12-01-2003, 01:07 AM   #64
AeroKing

Default Re: Re: u sound stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by goldies

One need not be a singer to know Jackie Cheung is a great singer. Similarly, one need not be a singer/actor to know F4 cannot sing and act.

One also need not learn any instrument to appreciate Classical music.

Similarly, one need not have Japanese Ranchu to know that is not a Japanese Ranchu.

BTW, frankly, I cannot differentiate between a Thai top view ranchu and a Jap top view ranchu. BUT, i can definitely differentiate between a side view Chinese ranchu and a top view Jap ranchu.

And yes, Shou xing gong is not ranchu, it is lionhead. And for your info, it is difficult to get lionhead nowadays. It seems like you cannot even differentiate between Ranchu and Lionhead. Everyone here is discussing about ranchu, no one is discussing Lionhead. But the difference is whether yours is a Japanese Ranchu, Thai Ranchu or a Chinese Ranchu. Yours 100% is Chinese ranchu.
Goldies...I think he's got a real 'Palaceshino'...he,he,he!
Old 12-01-2003, 01:14 AM   #65
AeroKing

Talking Re: I feel very sad,

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah Thiam
I can't belive it, all these while, I am keeping BIRDS instead of Ranchus !!!!

It probably takes a person 12 minutes to read through the postings here, then probably another 12 minutes to visit those Japanese websites which feature competition grade ranchus and another 12 minutes to derive at the fact that, you are a full load of BIRD CRAP !!!

What is wrong with you ? All these 12 years, you can't even pick up what we learn in appox 3 x 12 minutes ???? Go for a medical checkup !!!

By the way, Mr Kashino, whom I have the honor of shaking his hand, is a champion Japanese ranchu breeder. And you have not even heard of him ??? Lu Keep si mi ranchus, Xi Jiao Ho Lah !!!!

Face the fact, your sorry ranchus is not even worth $20-$30/- !

You might disagree with me but look around you, am I the only one flamming you ? Probably you came into this forum to provide the entertainment and distractions LIKE A CLOWN, then I think
you truely have attained your objective.

Woh..woh, At Thiam, barn barn lai leh!

I am going to be on a business trip to Tokyo in May. Do you know how I can get to Mr. Kashino's farm? I would love to take 1-2 days off to do some visits on the side...advice??

Old 12-01-2003, 01:18 AM   #66
AeroKing

Talking Re: I feel very sad,

Quote:
Originally posted by Ah Thiam
I can't belive it, all these while, I am keeping BIRDS instead of Ranchus !!!!

It probably takes a person 12 minutes to read through the postings here, then probably another 12 minutes to visit those Japanese websites which feature competition grade ranchus and another 12 minutes to derive at the fact that, you are a full load of BIRD CRAP !!!

What is wrong with you ? All these 12 years, you can't even pick up what we learn in appox 3 x 12 minutes ???? Go for a medical checkup !!!

By the way, Mr Kashino, whom I have the honor of shaking his hand, is a champion Japanese ranchu breeder. And you have not even heard of him ??? Lu Keep si mi ranchus, Xi Jiao Ho Lah !!!!

Face the fact, your sorry ranchus is not even worth $20-$30/- !

You might disagree with me but look around you, am I the only one flamming you ? Probably you came into this forum to provide the entertainment and distractions LIKE A CLOWN, then I think
you truely have attained your objective.

Woh..woh, Ah Thiam, barn barn lai leh! I will be on a business trip to Tokyo in May. Do you know how I can visit Kashino's farm?? Advice??

Old 12-01-2003, 01:24 AM   #67
AeroKing

Talking Re: Re: Re: u sound stupid

Quote:
Originally posted by shasha

Hi Goldies,

For what i know, the thick back bone and the "fan" tail are very jap. And most important, thai ranchu body (view from top) is abit FAT rather than straight flash from the head compared to the Jap.
Just like my fav. thai ranch(in my gallery), even with good cheek N color but the body and the back bone still CANNOT compare with Jap. sign
You are absolutely..Rrrrrrrrrr RRRRIIGGHHTTTT!!!!
Old 12-01-2003, 01:28 AM   #68
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
this evening after work, i am gonna delist all my bookmarks on japan ranchu becoz they are all type top view and not side view type. maybe all those top view ranchu competitions held in japan are for kiddos only... knowledgeable ppl will shun it. or perhaps, top view ranchu are graded commercially only meant for poor ppl who could not afford to buy a proper fish tank.

from now onwards, i am to keep only beautiful side view chinese ranchu. my favourite hunting places will be long hu, mainland, qian hu and jk4... who knows, we may meet someday there.

LONG LIVE SIDE VIEW RANCHU!!!
Nothing wrong with side view, if they're not Japanese!!
Old 12-01-2003, 01:30 AM   #69
AeroKing

Talking

Quote:
but i thot japan ranchu supposed to be viewed from top mah.

Yeeeeessssss!
Old 12-01-2003, 01:37 AM   #70
AeroKing

Thumbs down Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jap. BuffaloHead Ranchu - Competition Grade

Quote:
Originally posted by goldfishfever

Just pop in at Rainbow last weekend and they have a couple of 6 inch Chinese ranchus and in the glass tank under the Betta display. The price tag show "BIG JAPANESE RANCHU $888".

A new shop at Clementi blk 328 has a large tank in front of the shop with 19 big ranchus. What an impressive display and catches the eyes of many shoppers. Cheers!, the return of the goldfish reign.
Fever...saw them today. They're ugly!!!

Hey...I think the luohan fever is finally OVER!! I saw the Jinkang which was selling for $36,888 repriced to $3,688. And Rainbow is selling a lot of fishes for $50!!! now. Also, there are 2 new shops who have cleaned out their LHs and are selling Arowanas now. So our heartland Ah Soh did not strike her 4-D, so this is indeed the END!!!