Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums  

Go Back   Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums > General Aquatic Forums > Goldfish & Koi Forum

Old 18-01-2003, 12:31 PM   #1
frankloh
Arofanatic

Default How fast should a Ranchu grow??

How fast should a Ranchu grow to hit max size?
frankloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2003, 02:27 AM   #2
goldfishfever

Default Re: How fast should a Ranchu grow??

Quote:
Originally posted by frankloh
How fast should a Ranchu grow to hit max size?
You how long it takes?
Old 19-01-2003, 02:39 AM   #3
frankloh
Arofanatic

My uncle's Ranchu bought as a 3 inches baby within a year Big size leow......same size as my Black Ranchu now.

Whereas my case,.......hrumf my GF never seems to grow much all kena stunt under my care haha. Thats why I only buy adult fish.
Old 19-01-2003, 12:34 PM   #4
goldfishfever

Quote:
My uncle's Ranchu bought as a 3 inches baby within a year Big size leow......same size as my Black Ranchu now.

Whereas my case,.......hrumf my GF never seems to grow much all kena stunt under my care haha. Thats why I only buy adult fish.
How big is your uncle's tank and what is his stocking ie. gal/litre per fish.
Old 19-01-2003, 12:51 PM   #5
frankloh
Arofanatic

His is just a 2ft x 1.5ft tank. About 30Gal with 3 GF. While mine is 3ft x 1.5ft with 4 GF. Sometimes life is just not fair
Old 19-01-2003, 01:02 PM   #6
goldfishfever

Quote:
His is just a 2ft x 1.5ft tank. About 30Gal with 3 GF. While mine is 3ft x 1.5ft with 4 GF. Sometimes life is just not fair
How can it be while you have a heater on all the time. Goldfish should grown fast in warmer temperature. Did you give them enough feed or not.
Old 19-01-2003, 01:19 PM   #7
Xerovix

OT...

is your nitrate reductor project a success?

Quote:
Old 19-01-2003, 01:47 PM   #8
frankloh
Arofanatic

No ley......cos a month later when the de-nitrifying bacterial started to colonise the inner air tube, they actually block the water from flowing. Maybe have to get a bigger airtube I guess.

Now I only depend on my veggie filter to absord all my nitrates......at least the nitrates is not high even after a week. That should be enough for my case as i change water weekly.
Old 19-01-2003, 02:26 PM   #9
goldfishfever

Quote:
No ley......cos a month later when the de-nitrifying bacterial started to colonise the inner air tube, they actually block the water from flowing. Maybe have to get a bigger airtube I guess.

Now I only depend on my veggie filter to absord all my nitrates......at least the nitrates is not high even after a week. That should be enough for my case as i change water weekly.
Did you verified the nitrate level with a test kit. I was told for nitrate, in order not to get false result, use a Tetra test kit.
Old 19-01-2003, 04:12 PM   #10
frankloh
Arofanatic

I use Sera test kits.......its also a well known brand.
Anyway the color code can easily differentiate cos my reading is Orange color while the high range is Red.

With 3 GF at first, I wasnt reading any nitrate even on the 4th day!......but as soon as I add in another GF, I start to read nitrate immediately the next day.

Anyway it really helps to have plants to help in absording the nitrates whereby too much of nitrates reduce fish's immune system.